Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by age: 36-43
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

on 3/20/2013 12:04:00 AM

I adore the warm berry scent of this lip balm. It's not as heavy-duty as Nuxe, but it works well when i remeber to reapply regularly. And I love to apply it while I'm in the bathtub for a moisturizing lip mask. I've even grown fond of the Rudd-daddy tin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just want to start off saying that I am obsessed with this stuff! I don't know what it is about this, but I can do my whole face of makeup and just use this on my lips and it looks amazing! It doesn't feel greasy to me like the original rosebud salve. It feels more creamy and luxurious to me. I love the scent too, it makes me think of berry and honey, with a little chocolate thrown in. I also like the pinky berry color it is in the tin, but I don't see much color when I put it on. Basically, I think everyone should buy this. I bought it from an ebay seller for 5.25, so I don't think its outrageously priced.

Also, here is my review for the original rosebud salve:
I started out with the original rosebud salve a few years ago. Tried it on my lips and wasnt wowed by it, so it sat on my nightstand for a while. At some point, I got the idea to use it on my nose when it was irritated by my constant nose-blowing during a cold. Lets just say I cannot get through a cold without this. I put it all around my nostrils when they start to hurt and turn red, and within minutes they feel better and the redness goes away. There is also minimal peeling.
I dont love the scent of the original that much, but I keep it just for my colds anyway. I also dont like the overly-shiny look it gives my lips, and the consistency seems to contribute to the lack of staying power. However, it did melt down at one point when I 1st got it, so I put it in the freezer to harden it back up. That could be part of the problem. It also works well to keep your lips moist because you have to breath out of your mouth while your nose is stuffed up.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm addicted to this lip balm! I keep one by my bed and another one in Mocha Rose on the coffee table. Great price for a fabulous product.

The smell! Gag! I bought this thinking it would have a more "berry" type of smell. This stuff smelled like decaying roses mixed with something even more offensive that I can't describe. Actually, it smelled like rancid potpourri.I will admit that I generally do not like rose scented products but having tried the original rose bud salve and not being offended by it, I decided to give this a try. I was shocked that this lip balm was so offensive to me scent wise. The product itself is up to par with all of the other Smith's lip balms, but I just can't get past the scent. I gave it to my sister who thinks it smells fine. To each his own.:)

I love this stuff! The metal tin it comes in is adorable and very vintage looking. The smell is like honey and yummy berries. I use this every night before I go to bed and wake up with very moisturized lips. I also have the strawberry salve, which is thicker and more waxy then this salve and to me,harder to get out of the tin. But I love the packaging and the product of both!

on 5/27/2008 3:37:00 PM

I won't buy this again (I don't think..?), but only because I prefer the strawberry balm to this one. All the Smith's balms are a great value considering the size of the tin they come in, and all are nice, natural, effective balms (I've tried them all). I do like this balm. I think it just comes down to whether you prefer the waxy texture of the strawberry balm, or the vaseline-y texture of this one, and I prefer the waxy feel a bit more.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've used the other Rosebud lip balms and liked them. They're basically scented versions of vaseline in a cute tin. I bought this from Sephora.com ($7) because the color swatch looked like it was more of a plummy color. I was disappointed when I opened up the tin and discovered that it's more of a fuschia shade. However, it pretty much goes on clear so that didn't really matter too much. Had I seen this product in person before I ordered it, I probably wouldn't have bought it since it's not much different from the other ones I have. That said, it is a cute tin and I will definitely use it up, but I won't be repurchasing it.