Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by age: 19-24
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

3.6

on 9/8/2013 8:30:00 AM

This lipbalm is overrated and overpriced, if you ask me. The scent is lovely and sweet in the beginning, but after some months it turns bad - probably because you have to stick your fingers into it and in that way cannot avoid putting bacteria in there. The balm does not really work any wonders for my lips, so I've started using it on my eyelashes and as an eye cream instead - don't know yet if it does any good though. I'm not repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I believe this product works good on countries like in Europe, because I find it way too oily for me when I apply it in Indonesia. Also, it melts easily here. It lasts really long though, which is worth my money. It moisturizes well so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

on 7/24/2012 12:49:00 PM

LOVE IT. I wear this DAILY and have for almost four years. People always ask me what I do to my lips when I wear it. I can't figure out why they stopped carrying at sephora, so i always order it online. I love the packaging, as you get a good amount and I like using it out of the tin. The only thing I think is weird is the woman on the front of the tin, but hey, it doesn't affect how great it makes my lips look.

I get compliments ALL the time. This is in my daily regimen with ysl shocking mascara, too faced natural eye kit, dior eyelash primer, dior rose glow blush, and a little bit of liner. LOVE

if there was a way to put this in a tube for myself, I would. I LOVE the smell. sooo nice

on 2/19/2011 9:00:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Cheap smell, which is TOO perfumey for me. Moisturizing is ok but can just apply it at night because the finish look like you ate fat meals without wiping your mouth. Never ever purchase it again.

on 12/28/2010 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have 4 rosebud balms/salves now, mocha rose is my favourite (See my reviews for others), this one smells nice but its strong, a fake berry childlike jam smell, i cant smell any honey or vanilla which is a shame. no tint on my lips atall, moisturises ok but pretty mundane really. expected more. i love the tin though, im not a germ freak so doesnt bother me about "contamination"

on 4/14/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a gift so I'm not sure on the price. But from what I see online, I don't think I would buy this for 7 dollars now that I have tried it. I think it is an average product. I think the smell can be hit or miss because it is very unique, I'm not crazy about the smell, but I don't hate it either. It is pretty fragranced for a lip balm. The consistency of the balm is nice and smooth, it is basically petroleum, so if you like that feeling that is the first ingredient. It does alright in moisturizing my lips, though I have other balms I like better. I have very red/pink pigmented lips so it pretty much goes on clear for me. I don't like sticking my finger into the container for balms, so I never use this as a on the go product. I mostly just like using this under lipsticks while i'm doing my makeup and I know my hands are clean. I think it performs great for that. I will continue to use this until its gone, but that will probably take forever! In my honest opinion it is a average but still decent product, but I'm not attached to it so I won't repurchase it if I ever finish it.

I loved the strawberry one, and sephora was out of stock so i decided to sample this one to see if i would like it. I did not dig the smell, so I did not purchase it and found the strawberry one at another store

on 2/15/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

As a huge fan of the original Smith's balm I was so excited to get this because of the cute vintage tin, rosy pink color of the balm, and berry rose scent that I actually liked. However, this gave me a terrible allergic reaction on my lips. Within seconds of applying my lips became puffy, bright red, and itchy with a grainy texture. It hurt to move or touch my lips. Even though it was only $7 I am definitely returning this to Sephora. FYI I have never had a reaction from any other lip product in the past.

I love, love, love this balm! The color turns out very pretty and subtle on my lips, it's not sticky, it's a bit more fluid than the other Rosebud balms which makes it more glossy and easier to put on (esp. in extreme cold where balms tend to turn rock-hard) ;) I bring my Brambleberry Balm everywhere, and NO I don't think it stinks...my balm smells of roses and berries. I will buy this lipbalm over and over again.