Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Smith's Rosebud Salve Brambleberry Rose lip balm

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I LOVE my Minted Rose Salve, but unfortunately, this doesn't live up to it. I don't mind the smell, I actually kind of like it, but my friends think it smells like crap. So if you don't like berry smells or that sort of thing, you might wanna stay away. I think that it moisturizes, but then in a little bit it stops moisturizing and it slightly starts to make my lips flake, which only a few lip balms can fix. I like the color though. It's not bad, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like this product very much. My favorite Smith's product is their Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is my second favorite.

I actually like the scent. It smells like berries to me, though it does smell very artificial. My little sister, on the other hand, hates it--she says that it smells too waxy for her.

This is a very, very light pink shade on the lips, though it looks like a darker pink in the tin. I like applying this over Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. However, this is not very moisturizing.

Another thing: I don't mind that, since this in a tin, I have to use my fingers to apply this. I find that lugging a brush around constantly is extremely inconvenient in public, and using my fingers doesn't bother me since I'm not a germ or clean freak.

Also, I noticed that this lip balm is definitely more waxier and thicker than Minted Rose. When I put my finger in this, there's a thin layer of product on my finger, while Minted Rose is like dunking your finger into a tub of Vaseline. You make a dent in the Minted Rose tin from where your finger was, while in the Brambleberry Rose tin, there's only the wax being smudged, no denting. Minted Rose is thinner and softer.

I would buy this product again because I like it very much, but I would definitely prefer if it had the consistency of Minted Rose.

on 7/10/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I received this product as a gift and after having used it for a while I have to say I would not buy this for myself. There are definitely pro's to this product: adorable packaging, staying power, scent (after you get used to it), it moisturizes, will take a while to finish, and the slight shimmer in the balm. Sometimes I sit there and look at the lip balm under the light because the tiny glitters are so pretty. But that doesn't warrant the $7 price tag in my opinion. I don't think any of the Rosebud lip balms do actually all for the same reason: they're really not that moisturizing, the tint they add is minimal, and I have never been able to use it for anything besides a lip balm or perfume despite the apparent many uses there are. However, I will use it up because it'd be a waste not to.

The tin is really really cute! I had to get this! It smells so good, like berries. It gives my lips a really glossy finish, and also slight color. I have really dry lips and this makes my lips feel smooth! I have had this for almost a year and my tin isn't even done yet, so yes, i would totally repurchase again!

I fricken love the tin. Thats the main reason I wanted it in the first place. The smell is like a berry pie, with honey. Perfect for fall time, or any time! Its really fricken glossy and makes my lips super smooth. I hit pan on this (sad) so i am deff. going to buy again! Its $7

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this lip balm! At first, I wasn't too excited on the smell, but now I love it! It does smell like berries. Its perfect for summer time, with that fresh berry pie smell. Its so glossy aswell! It looks like im wearing a nice lipgloss, yet it keeps my lips super smooth & moisturized. The tin is adorable too. Thats the main reason i decided to try this in the first place. It reminds me of the olden days, which I love. I hit pan on this because I use this baby so much. Will repurchase over and over!

on 11/20/2008 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It has a nice color, nice gloss, but the smell it's good, but STRONG so that's kind of minus it. softens the lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Obviously everyone is different, because I, who am very sensitive to scents, love this product, especially the smell. The color is very subtle, and looks fab with my super-pale skin. It is not sticky or tacky, but very smooth, long-lasting, and moisturizing. I don't think it has much of a flavor, just a slightly sweet berry taste, which I also happen to love. Overall, I think it's a great little product, and I am buying two more just so I won't run out too quickly.

Love the packaging and product, but can not stand the smell! Highly reccomend trying this before purchasing it.

Top Rated Lip Treatments