AcneFree 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser

AcneFree 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide Cleanser

Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (w/v) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Bakuchiol, Panthenyl Triacetate, Bisabolol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Naringenin, Sea Whip Extract, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Farnesol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 6/9/2016 10:14:00 AM

I have crazy sensitive skin. At first it made my skin a bit red and dry, but putting on some moisturizer stopped all that. After 4 days, my skin was clear. And I mean CLEAR. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING and nothing has worked as well as this. I will absolutely be purchasing this again. And for a little under 20 bucks?! Yes please!!

I have used this system for years now and have seen great results. I will say that my skin seems to be getting used to the products and i continually have to add in other products to keep my acne at bay. Overall, for the cost and ingredients, it's a quality product that you can buy at almost any drug store.

To Read all 94 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/27/2015 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

for reference, I have combo skin w/an oily t-zone and normal cheeks, also slightly prone to breakouts.

This is the generic version of proactiv's benzoyl peroxide cleanser that is a lot less expensive. I wasn't the biggest fan of proactiv and I felt the overall system was very harsh/drying but I did like the cleanser and used to buy that separately until I found this. Now there are differences- there's less of the exfoliating beads and the smell/taste is horrible and the consistency is more "slimy" but lathers slightly better than proactiv; but on the whole for $6 it does it's job. I tried a bp cleanser with 4% bp and that make my skin severely dry and flakey so I stick with 2.5% which is enough for it to be effective without being unnecessarily harsh. I also use this only at night with my clarisonic because using this twice a day would be very drying. I also stand the bottle upside down on my sink counter so I don't have to spend time squeezing the product.

I recommend this for people who have mild to moderate acne and don't want a cleanser that will dry them out but want a bp cleanser as more of an acne preventative measure- I think if you have REALLY bad acne or a lot of active breakouts this might not be enough.

on 12/29/2014 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

No no no :-(
I was getting a little better from my break out. But the product I was using was a little on the pricey side so I decided to give this a try because it was so cheap! It made me break out so badddd :-(((( My acne was worse that before I started. But I thought maybe its because I just have to stick it through for a couple months to really see effects. NOPE. Break out pimples and now scars. You can try it if you want, I mean it's only like 5 dollars.. But for me.. nope. Never again. My sister tried it. Nope. Never again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Using this had almost NO effect on my acne or scarring. It was almost as if I have been using nothing to cleanse my face for the past month or so. It didn't really treat active blemishes nor did it prevent new ones from forming. This does bleach fabric, so be weary of that. I think it'd be a good idea to get those Kleenex disposable hand towels to dry your face after using this. That way you won't bleach your towels and you won't contaminate your freshly cleaned face with bacteria. The packaging is cute; you push down on the lid and a hole pops up that you can squeeze the product through. I found that it was difficult to squeeze the product out after a while, so I stored the container upside down so the liquid will come out more freely and with little pressure. However, in doing this there was occasional, minimal leakage from the packaging. I've traveled with this in my bag and it didn't leak out while on the go. I got it at walmart for just over five dollars, which seems quite affordable for the amount of product you get.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I actually saw some results with this one unlike the proactive set!!! :'D

My disgusting volcanic zits are finally gone <3

on 4/29/2014 2:55:00 AM

On my second or third bottle
Usually I never see results right away with acne products. Pimples that would take a week to go away with salicylic acid cleared up much quicker with this cleanser. It stops my blemishes from getting bigger. I used this one night on a big pimple and it flattened most of it out by the next morning (never experienced that with any other product) I don't even have to let my pimple to come to a head to pop because it's almost gone in a few days

Still looking for a great moisturizer that won't break me out. Any suggestions?

Got this product last night on a whim, I'm a BA at walgreens so I tend to see stuff all day long and think 'i need this!'. After looking up reviews on mua, I decided to give it a go. I got this on sale for $13.05 ($20.00 reg). I have used it ONE night and seriously over night it has cleared up my break out!! As of now I'm in love with this.

Step one is a grainy cleanser, doesn't sting or hurt. You use a dime sized amount, massage, and rinse. Step two is a toner, just put some on a cotton ball and apply to your trouble spots. Step three is a lotion/moisturizer, you apply and leave on.

None of this has hurt/burned/irritated my skin, and as someone allergic to salycilic acids i've found it very hard to find an effective regimen. This seems to be perfect, I'll update after two weeks of use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow this cleanser is amazing! If you struggle with acne and find that salicylic acid products don't work for you, then I would say give this a try. I tend to get hormonal acne on my chin and this stuff keeps it at bay. It is gentle enough to use day and night and has little micro scrubbers. This cleanser is a staple in my skincare routine. I can't get enough of it! Plus it's very affordable and lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has been a miracle cleanser for me over the past two years. I have consistently been using this every night to take off my makeup and fight acne. My face does not dry out from the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide (and I have very sensitive skin) and my breakouts have decreased significantly.