Onyx Professional - 100% Pure Acetone Nail Polish Remover

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have to give this two lippies for its nail polish removing abilities, because this stuff can remove many layers of nail polish in seconds. The reason I am giving it such a low rating is because I used it almost a month ago and ever since my fingers have been callus-y, peeling, and VERY dry and cracked. I didn't use a ton of this product, so I am confused as to what I did wrong. Like I said, it has been a month since I used this product and I have been trying many different types of creams to try and get my fingers back to normal, but they still are not. If you have sensitive skin or dry skin stay away from this product! :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This works way better than normal nail polish remover. It can dry out your skin and nails a bit but you can just apply oil or lotion after. Make sure you keep the lid on while using it though as it evaporates quickly. The bottle lasted me about three years.

To Read all 31 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/8/2015 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in their jar with the finger dipper where you insert your finger into the acetone and scrub it against the brush inside. This stuff rocks. It removes tough glitter polish in seconds. I have never seen anything like this.

This is also a mere 2.95. It will seriously dry out your hands, nails, and fingers because it IS pure acetone. All you need to do is use a good hand moisturizer and make sure you take care of the nails.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wear polish in multiple coats, and quite frequently glitter polish. I simply do not have the patience, or the time really, to spend 10 minutes removing it with "nail polish remover." This and craft felt cut into pieces are the way to go. Another one of the rare products I've gone through more than one of.

on 5/27/2014 3:51:00 PM

This nail polish remover works amazingly. Yes, it is harsh but it easily takes off all kinds of nail polish including glitter polish which everyone hates to take off. I did try wearing latex gloves to remove the polish from my toes without taking it off my fingernails, but the remover ate right through the gloves. So just a fair warning, this stuff is strong.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the moisturizing formula but I imagine this is similar, when I run out I will purchase the pure acetone because I feel it removes glitter much better. I have read some people mix the moisturizing one with the original, which is a good idea. The price on either of these is great and the bottle will last a long time, even with regular manicures/pedicures. It removes all of my polish, stains and glitter much faster than regular polish remover and with minimal damage to my skin and nails.

I only gave 4 stars because I feel the bottle is a bit annoying to deal with when I have wet nails or just want a tiny amount. If this bottle were to ever get knocked over I can't imagine the mess it would cause, and since acetone is a toxic chemical I'd prefer a better dispenser. That being said, the price can't be beat and I wouldn't wear glitter nail polish without this around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was buying the Sally's version of this until I found out Wal-Mart carries acetone; which is a lot more convenient for me. It's inexpensive and a huge bottle lasts quite a while. I'm not a fan of regular polish remover, it takes forever. I know acetone is harsh but all you need is a good moisturizer afterwards and you're fine. It takes off everything (quickly), even glitter. Love this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This stuff is fantastic !! 😄It gets polish off in the blink of an eye!! I plan to try the other lines too like the purple one and I think the green ones. They're awesome! BTW, you get such a bang for your buck .. It's under 3 bucks and you get a tall bottle that lasts a long time! I've bought this brand over 3 times. In fact, I have an empty bottle that I forgot to throw away. Excellent!

on 6/29/2013 8:27:00 PM

It works wonders for glitter polishes and any polish you want off FAST. It is harsh on nails and cuticles but that's expected. A little goes a long way.

on 6/24/2013 10:59:00 AM

I used to think i didn't like glitter polish until i found this. I buy the 16oz bottles from WalMart for $2.50. It's dirt cheap and it's the only nail polish remover I use now. Takes glitter off the way regular np remover takes regular np off. The scent is not as unpleasant as regular np remover either.

One of my staples. Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.