Aromaleigh Coquille Illuminating Corrective Finishing Powder - Nectarine [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Wow, this is ... orange. Orange, orange, orange. Melon. Canteloupe.

Also, it's sparkly. I noticed comparing it side by side with Coquille Lilas that the Nectarine is way sparklier, so I don't know what's up with that, but like the YAD Metamorphosis finishing powder, Coquille Nectarine has individually visible specks of glitter in it.

Yes, it's really sheer and very finely milled. And yes, the fact that it was really not the right shade for my skin tone has a lot to do with why I didn't like it. I just wish I could take Aromaleigh's word for it when they describe something as "subtly glowing" or "not sparkly", instead of ending up finding out the product is all glittery about half the time. continued >>

I have a mini jar of this and I will surely be getting a full size when this is up. This is a peach corrective powder, similar to LeClerc loose powder, but more sheer and slightly lustrous. The price, of course is much more palatable. Some days when I look ill, I whisk this all over my face, as a finisher. I've also found that it works well as a light-diffusing concealer for under my eyes. Typical concealers don't work and call attention to my under-eye circles, which are the result of thinned skin and aging. Light-diffusing powders and sheer concealers (such as Touche Eclat) work much better for me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this alone on my pale olive skin this winter and find that it does indeed counteract some of the sallowness to which I am most mightily prone. It's not matte for me -- it's got a very fine shimmer that reads more like the texture of good skin than all-out sparkle. I love Aromaleigh products.

I haven't finished my sample baggy yet, but this is definitely a HG! Due to my olive skin, terrible sleep and diet, and complete lack of sun, my face is the definition of sallow in the winter. People constantly ask me if I'm okay.
With Nectarine, not only do I counteract the sallowness, but my skin looks downright glowy and dewy. This is one product that you'll have to pry from my cold, dead hands.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Nectarine is a peachy color correcting powder. I mix it with Coquille Rose (pink) to create a peachy-pink undereye concealor! The peachy-pink tones are great for cancelling out blue-ish tones in dark circles! I use a bit of Aromaleigh's Lite Cream Concealor topped with my mix of Nectarine+Rose, and it's the best undereye concealor I've ever used! Also, I prefer a very matte finish with my oily skin, and while the Coquilles do have some subtle shimmer, once I blend them in with my concealor brush they look matte on my skin.