3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

The other day at work I was wearing Betsey Johnsons new fragrance called Pretty n' Punk. A guest came to the desk and asked what smelled so fresh and good. I told her what I was wearing then she started to literally gush over a perfume she has. She said it lasts from when she sprays it on at 5am to when she leaves work at 6pm. She also said everyone always tells her how good she smells. She brought the bottle up to me and I was shocked to see it was Molecules Eccentric. I've been wanting to try it for so long. I sprayed some on the back of my hand and i could smell it. I didn't think the wearer was supposed to smell anything. Throughout the night I kept smelling the back of my hand and it was staying just as strong as when I first sprayed it on. It was very non descript. It smelled like pencil shavings to me. Kind of woody. It was nothing too terrible but it didn't knock my socks off either. It's insanely expensive so I would never buy a full size bottle but I would continue to wear a sample just to see if I got any compliments on it. I don't really get the hype.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

SkinNormal, Other

EyesHazel

a year ago

I’m loving the vague, subtle scent trail that this innocuous fragrance leaves on everything i touch. Granted, it’s not your regular floral / woody / citrus perfume you find on every shelf, but who’d want to smell like a walking tester? Sometimes I wear it alone, other times I layer Molecule 01 over it. Both ways it’s a winner. I can even smell it on my steel watch days after I’ve taken it off. A keeper!

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

2 years ago

WORTH THE PRICE. I get compliments on this perfume EVERY day I wear it, from my roommates, my boytoys (lol), from Uber drivers, from DOCTORS, from my therapist, my family, EVERYBODY. I get so many compliments on it that I keep it my selfish little secret. It is a LITTLE subtle and hard to detect so I oft spray probably more than necessary on myself (and that's why I have to repurchase so damn often) but it's sublime.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

1.0

3 years ago

I smelled this on a friend, and had to ask her what perfume she was wearing. It was the most incredible scent - clean, sexy and very unique. I had heard of Molecule (ironically, was in Sephora two days ago and a woman came in to ask if they had it), so was intrigued enough to head to Holt Renfrew to try it out. When I sprayed it on, it initially smelled like car oil, gasoline or like a dirty garage. Truly gross. The saleswoman said I would need to wait a while - about 30 minutes - before it would start to reveal its true essence (or, she said, I might not smell anything at all, but everyone else would. What is the point of that, I asked. I like smelling the scent as much as the person nearby). Ok. I waited. The scent, for me, never changed from a dirty oil stink. Later in the evening, I asked my family what they thought. Kinda stinky, they all said. I have scrubbed my arms down a couple of times already with a pretty strong soap, but the car fume smell is still there. At least it lasts.

About reviewer (328 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

3 years ago

Very curious so I bought the small 30ml bottle to try out. Myself I could not smell anything most of the time, sometimes a little clinical woody scent came true but nothing more. People around me have not noticed it either, and I asked around. So for me this was just a little experiment, and it's not full bottle worthy for me because it does not work with my chemistry at all. Try before you buy!!

About reviewer (358 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

In a word, it smells "sexy"...also very clean. I don't like floral, powder or most of the stuff that's out. I can tolerate citrus but this is hands down my favorite - ever. I suggest ordering a sample, it's so unique and will play off your body's natural chemistry, which is why it literally has 1 note. Research it, it's quite interesting.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

4 years ago

When I first put this on it smelled to me like book pages (paper and glue). As I wore it it warmed up to more of a slightly woody warm freshly dried laundry smell. It's nice but too simple and based on the price I won't be purchasing it to layer with anything.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I bought a full bottle after hearing all the hype and trying a sample. I just wanted in so I shelled out the money for a full bottle. I do smell the soft pine, almost patchouli scent when I first spray it but I never catch a whiff after that. And no one has complimented on me for it, so I suspect it smells like nothing. This must work with certain chemistries, but it doesn't work on mine. I am still using it since I don't love strong perfume anyway and I'd rather use it than throw it away. But for me, this sadly was total snake oil

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

5 years ago

Smells geat! I LOVE IT!! But an absolute rip off since the only ingredient it contains is Iso E Super! You can buy a solution on eBay that contains the same ingredient of Iso E Super with perfumers alcohol for 1/10 price. Between the sample I bought of Molecule 01 and the eBay solution, I couldn't tell a difference!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

This is a pheromone NOT a perfume so it will react differently with every person. I know me thing...ITS AMAZING! I went to the doctors for a routine check-up and asked a question about something..he reacted by telling me that he wouldn't answer until I'd told him what perfume I was wearing...This is a real 21st century perfume concoction. It draws people to you because it makes others feel good to be near you and it actually works. Usually, I wait for special occasions to receive a gift of perfume but with 01...I order online and spritz every day. A little does a lot!

About reviewer (164 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm