Neal's Yard Remedies Lavender and Aloe Vera Deodorant

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

Other than my home made deodorant, this is the ONLY natural deodorant that I've tried that actually keeps me from stinking all day. I'm currently living a climate where it's 40 degrees celsius plus in the summer and it still works. I am impressed. The bottle isn't travel friendly but for home use it's great.

on 10/27/2007 9:47:00 AM

This comes in 40ml or 100ml lovely blue spray bottles. the website states:

"An effective, natural deodorant based on alpine moss (sodium usnate) extract, with organic cleansing essential oils of lavender, tea tree and ylang ylang. Oganic aloe vera has been added for its soothing and cooling properties. This product is a gentle formulation based on lichen extract to prevent the bacteria which would create body odour. It willl not block the pores and is aluminium silicate free.

Ingredients - Alcohol denat, Water, lavender oil, tea tree oil, ylang ylang oil, lichen extract, aloe vera extract, glycerin."

I wanted to try this type of deodorant as an alternative to commercial ones. I've tried the stones which are OK but thought an essential oil version would be nice. You just spray a couple of times and wait for it to dry. This can take a while (I sometimes use the hairdryer to speed things along). It does work and the perfume is lovely - not too overpowering and lasts well.
in the UK it is pricey - 3.50 for 40ml and 6 for 100ml. the glass bottles are great and I like to keep them!