Revlon Jontue

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/7/2016 3:50:00 PM

If you really like to smell like fresh flowers than this scent is definitely for you. Beaufiful floral atop beautiful floral. It is so absolutely enchanting. Today, so many scents are based on white florals, citrus and fruit. The heavy hitting, old fashioned garden-like flowers get ignored. I for one, LOVE smelling like a garden! May not be everybody's thing, though. For example, i have not smelled it but i think i would adore Demeter's Funeral Parlor, if that gives you any idea where my tastes lie. I find bouquet scents extremely soothing. Pure, unadulterated florals are hard to come by these days and they are simply divine to me. Also, this could well be a, what i like to call a "masculine" floral. A floral a dude could totally rock and be comfortable wearing it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this perfume. It does last long. It smells a little spicy. It's also priced right.

I am reviewing a new old stock bottle of cologne (this would date from the late 70's or early eighties) and may I say this is marvelous and just like I remember! It does have a White Diamonds feel - but a very light White Diamonds feel...white florals with a drop of real oakmoss underneath. My DH and young daughter immediately said I smell really good (unusual from DH) and I would feel as confident wearing this as I would any of my newer, more high-end fragrances. Now - how does this compare to what is available today?? I'd have to do a side by side, but I do recall spritzing Jontue on about 2 years ago and I remember the top notes had that drug store note to them....I would definitely say this has been changed. I'll try and update if I can do a proper side by side.

on 2/8/2008 10:10:00 PM

Very nice, but not quite 5 lippies. I have grown to love green chypres, so when this was featured on the main page, I wanted to try it. Picked it up unsniffed at Kmart for under $20.

I recognized the bottle immediately. My mother had a bottle when I was little. She was not really a perfume wearer, but she definitely had this one. One spritz and I recognized the geranium. It starts out with strong, powdery aldehydes and green peppers. I hate to say it, but it smells like drugstore perfume at this point. The top notes are no good. That's why it's 4 lippies.

The geranium emerges slowly, and is the most predominant note on me. Lurking underneath is a comforting oakmoss base. My favorite. This is definitely a green chypre in the tradition of Ma Griffe and Chanel no. 19.

Aldehydes remain in the scent throughout, but soften over time, so they are neither sharp nor dry like powder. At its best, Jontue dries down to a soft cloud of green jonquil. It kind of floats gently around the wearer. Super soft and feminine. This is a very sophisticated scent for Revlon, very 1920's glamour.

It has moderate lasting power. I just wish the drydown would come a little sooner, skipping those dreaded top notes, and then stay around a little longer. Then it'd be a 5.

on 11/25/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Yet another exploration of 70s preteen nostalgia for me becomes a gorgeous green diaphinous veil, a lovely skinscent with an undertone of rosin. I'm seeing the dust from the violin strings in a shaft of sunlight with a tiny waft of sweet florals. A great 't-shirt' scent.

on 12/27/2007 1:53:00 AM

Nostalgia! ...and an unexpected gift from an old friend. I wore this all the time as a teen, but I'd completely forgotten about it for years - didn't even know it was still available. My friend found it, sniffed it, and thought of me way back when. Funny thing is, I love chypres now, and didn't remember this as being a chypre. But it is. After all these years it doesn't disappoint.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I'm so glad I came across these reviews tonight! I wore Jontue as a teenager because I received it as a gift. I remember not really liking the way it smelled when I first put it on. It smelled weird and off-putting frankly, but once it warmed with my skin it was all beautiful dusky, musky, chypre-ness. On my clothing it was soft and warm like a summer breeze. I still have a little of this unusual potion left over from the 80's and as I breathe it in I wonder why I haven't worn this in a while and suddenly I need to go get me a gift set while they're out for the holidays! I've been dying for a dusty chypre and have looked hi and lo when the whole time it was right here under my nose. Literally.

on 11/9/2007 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Yes, I also experienced JONTUE today at the WALGREEN'S fragrance counter.

It is an inexpensive fragrance that smells expensive... It is a most dignified fragrance, far from the fruities and sugars that prevail today...

I read it as an aldehydic bitter green white floral somewhere in the Couturier CORIANDRE department, but undergirded with a wee bit of natural leather.

JONTUE is actually a most unique scent, nothing I know is quite like it... I agree, its best moments occur hours after the scent has dried down. But even the opening moments I find thrilling.... a transparent aldehyde opening.

Do not let the low cost or 1970's identity of this fragrance dissuade you from trying it...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I rediscovered Jontue on a recent Walgreens run, and I'm in love! It's a wistful, pretty, warm white floral with a languid note of jonquil. The sillage is sweet and fresh. I had forgotten just how lovely it is, and how timeless. This was the ubiquitous "sensual, but not too far from innocence" drugstore white-flower frag of the '70s. I wore it as a pre-teen, though it's not strictly a youthful scent. It's still available at most drugstores, and gift sets come out at Christmas. If you like white florals, like White Shoulders or Miglin's Destiny or EL White Linen, it's worth trying a $10 bottle of Jontue. I actually prefer it to those more expensive scents, and it's giving me fantastic memories of the disco age. Please note: this is a scent that smells way better 20 minutes after spraying, once the initial "perfumy" note disappears. **EDIT** I'm so glad I've inspired others to post on this unique and beautiful fragrance! I wore it tonight and my husband said, "Your skin smells really good." The Jontue blended with my own skin scent, which many more modern fragrances don't do-- they sit on the surface like air freshener.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG!!!! I wore and loved this perfume "back in the day". It was like in the 70's I wore this delicious smelling fragrance. It is the only perfume that smells good one me...Not even the most expensive fragrances smell good on me but Jontue smells delightfully soft and just right on me! I am going right now to buy some...I had forgotten about it over all these years and now knowing it is still available makes my Christmas holiday parties complete! No kidding! :)

Popular Fragrances