3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This makes a wonderful base on my eyelids. I tried most of the colors, and the color linen is perfect for my nc15 skin. It cancels out all redness and discoloration, and creates a nice color canvas for eye shadow (helps with blending). I usually put a little bit on my eyelids, and then set it with a bone color eye shadow. It does prevent creasing, but not as much as the nars eyelid primer. I would buy it again...Just wish the packaging was better as you can't really see how much is left in the container.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

3.0

5 years ago

This creates a very nice even canvas on eyelids and the color Linen is a shade that blends easily into fair skin and looks very natural. For awhile I was wearing this with a little bit of powder over it when I didn't have time for elaborate eye designs. It applies similarly to liquid concealers with a doe's foot applicator. The consistency is a bit runny but it's easy to blend. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, and I have very sensitive skin. People with oily eyelids commonly complain of this product creasing. I haven't had a lot of trouble with that myself but I do prefer Illuminare Mineral Cream Eyeshadow in Cafe Latte to this product. I also have great results with Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow (glass pot) in Bone, but I have been curtailing my spending with Estee Lauder owned brands (EL owns Bobbi Brown). Illuminare cream shadows come in a squeeze tube, surprisingly convenient for travel (just apply with fingers), and the two lightest colors are the easiest to work with. They have sunscreen in them, too. So I probably won't buy Laura Mercier Eye Basics again, as I prefer the texture and the longevity of other products. However, Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks (cream eyeshadow sticks) in Rose Gold and Sand Glow are two of my favorite eye products. They are like crayons for the eyes. Easy to apply and long-wearing. I'll definitely buy those again.

About reviewer (827 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

Just meh. There's nothing really special about this product. The color pay off is okay but after about an hour it's a mess. It creases and looks greasy. I don't even have oily eye lids! The product is very dry and hard to apply. For $30 a tube that is unacceptable. I will not be repurchasing this product again.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

5 years ago

This is an HG find for me. I have only used it by itself. It covers eyelid redness (from allergies, Latisse, and age) completely, and stays put all day long. I get no creasing, and it doesn't enhance crepey lines. It wakes up my face like nothing else. I do work quickly when blending it, since once it dries, it's not going anywhere, but I'm no makeup pro and I find it very easy to apply. The linen shade is just right for my NC20 skin-it is slightly lighter than my eyelids, just light enough to brighten my eye area. I even use it on the lower lashline. Magic!

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

7 years ago

I got this in linen and wheat. it just does not work on me. it creases on me and i have dry skin and i dont belive my eye lids are oily but for me the best base i have tried is the nars base (pro something in white tube). I have used urban decay and it worked for a while but eventhat has started to crease on me.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

I purchased this to use as an eyelid primer. First time using this product. Linen is the lightest shade offered and has a pink base so as a NW10, this was the only choice. I like it but I don't love it and I don't know why. I have to use it very carefully else I get that WHITE LID look even under eyeshadow. It looks better all by itself as a nudish eyeshadow lid color. What I really like is using it UNDER the eye as a base to cancel out the purple/blue circles. It works well. Who knew.

About reviewer (330 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

8 years ago

I very much enjoy the packaging and feel of this product. It feels soft and glides seamlessly over my eyelids, and makes them feel like velvet. The color is a perfect base for my lids, and it evens out the color a bit, and if I'm in a rush I can even throw this on by itself, and it provides enough color for a very basic eye. It feels and looks like it costs 24 dollars, which I appreciate, especially after spending that much money on a product. I read a lot of reviews and many said that this product reduced creasing and fading, which I found partially true. I'm not sure if I have unusually oily lids or what, but I found that after a 8 hour day, my eye makeup was almost gone or undetectable. I found that it did make my shadows more vibrant and last longer, but at some point during the day they would fade away to almost nothing. Nevertheless, I really do like this product. You get a lot for your money, and it creates a very, very nice base. I imagine that this would work perfectly for someone with less oily lids then I have, but it still works really, quite nicely for me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

8 years ago

This is a perfect light cream shade for my very fair skin. I did not like the filmy feel this left on my skin. It did not make for a good eye primer. I much prefer using BE's Prime Time. As a shadow, it did not have a lot of staying power for me.

About reviewer (3102 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

from

8 years ago

This is the perfect eye base in my opinion. I have pale skin with very thin skin on my eyelids which make them look very discoloured. This makes my eyelids look a million times better and keeps eyeshadow on well too. I much prefer it to UDPP which doesn't offer any cover.

About reviewer (298 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

This is the best eye lid primer I've found so far. The Linen color (which is light) blends wonderfully onto my eyelids and also under my eyes. There's no drying or cracking. And there's no irritation to my skin or eyes. Eyemakeup then applies flawlessly over it. This is a pricey product, but a little goes a long way - it's concentrated.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age56 & Over