MAC Cosmetics Royal Assets-Metallic Eyes

MAC Cosmetics Royal Assets-Metallic Eyes

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes in a funny, heavy gold metal embossed case with a sort of white antiqued finish. But it holds up well in your drawer or traincase as opposed to velvet covered, which get dusty.

This, and the Warm palette, are some of my most used shadows ever.

Creme Royale (Veluxe Pearl) light yellow gold with fine shimmer. A great highlight color, or base if you like shimmer.

Silver Fog (Frost)-this is a light silver with very fine glitter. A bit "piecy" for my tastes but good for a smokey eye hightlight.

Honey Lust (Lustre)- bronze -peach with glitter,but the glitter is not annoying. One of those "must have" colors and surprisingly nice on the lid.

Stately Black (Lustre)-Navy with glitter (not black.) Not dense. A good crease color. A good cool smoked eye color.

Manor (Frost)-yet another Club dupe, but it's a bit lighter and warmer. I wear it a lot. It is a great crease color and works wet, as a liner but NOT as well as club. But as a brownish crease color, it's fabulous.

Velvet Lady (Velvet)-black with gold glitter.My least fave in the palette but I hate black shadow. It does work wet as a tight liner. With Silver Fog and Stately Black a reasonably good cool smokey eye, but only good if cool colors work on you (I'm cool toned but have green eyes, so I use warm eye colors.)

Naturally, this is a LE product but I suppose they turn up on Ebay from time to time.

on 12/16/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

OMG this palette is fantastic. I created the most gorgeous smokey eyes. It is MAC quality and pigmentation of the colors that are so amazing. The compact is stunning on its own

on 4/24/2010 11:48:00 AM

I take this palette everywhere I go! It's one of the best combination of colors out there. LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Never did i ever own a black or midnight blue color. I didn't even dream of doing a Smokey/Metallic Eye for fear of lack of experience.
Well back in '07 I took the plunge. This compact had nice safe colors & it also gave you some bold ones too.
The secret to smokey eye is a base and blending... These colors are very blend-able.
The packaging is in my opinion the best palette they have done so far. Elegant and well made.
Creme Royale- Wish they sold this in the perm line. This is such a beautiful all over color base or alone for the lid.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought mine, and i LOVE it! I like it so much because it is soo easy to do. The blendability, the versitility and the color selection is pretty awesome. The silverone is pretty shy though, it only likes show up in pretty random lights. It is totally worth the 36 dollars. What i'm so mad about is i lost the brush the first ten minutes of having it. But if you want professional smokey eye this will give it to you, (you can even do that crazy smokey eye Mary Kate and Ashley like to do). But i don't know if this is true for some of you, but when i put it with bare canvas the lighter colors (honeylust, creme royal, and silver fog) just looks really pasty.

on 12/3/2007 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very nice colors, versatile. The only color I don't like is the silver one. It's so soft is barely there when you put it on.

on 11/23/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My $.02....others have already descirbed the colors, so I'll just comment on my own experience. I bought this pallette above the others because......overall.....all color stories aren't exactly original by MAC this year. HOWEVER, this pallette (and I am iffy on the design. it's cute but verging on gaudy in that oh-so MAC way) is a nice conviencience because it combines cool and warm shades, and you can easily tote it anywhere and create a multitude of looks. I was taken aback by "Manor" and assumed it was mislabled because in the pot it resembles Club so much. It does apply and build a bit differently however......more of a brown overall which I like to use in the crease for day--- or as a wash on my lids for night, then adding the black as a liner smudged around the entire eye and on the outer corner.

on 11/19/2007 4:58:00 PM

This palette looked really pretty on their website, but I'm not sure I really like it. To be honest, the only reason why I bought it was because honey lust was one of the colors in the palette. That was a mistake on my part because honey lust to my surprise does not good on me. I find the colors in this palette boring. But aside from the colors, the packaging is very glamorous and pretty. I really like it. It's just a shame to waste money on makeup that won't be used. But I am no stranger to that. LOL

I adore this palette, so much so, I think it's my favourite eye shadow palette that I've ever bought and that's saying something as I'm a complete make-up junkie.

on 11/16/2007 7:11:00 PM

Oh wow:)
My favorite look out of this is to use Creme Royale as a wash, Manor in the outer corners and crease and dab alittle Honey Lust(wet) in the inner corners.Then do a thin line with Blacktrack. These combined give such a creamy rich look.
Even without a primer, this didn't crease or fade the slightest bit.
I used to prefer alot of bold and loud colors on my eyes but now I realise that these are the most flattering colors I've ever used. I'm fair skinned, brown eyes and reddish brown hair.