Bourjois Volume Clubbing

volume clubbingBourjois Volume Clubbing Ulta Black mascara

3.2

on 11/18/2015 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

One of my makeup regime - Mascara.

I had very high expectations on this because of the rave about Bourjois cosmetics. I always used Maybeline mascaras ( for layering/use alone) because I always put alot of emphasis on my lashes, I like them thick and lustrous.

First day:
I just bought this so my first impression that it is clumpy and it's watery so it straightened out my lashes after I curled it. So i figured this will work better with heated eyelash curler. But after a few brushes and getting rid of excess product, it is more even on my lashes now.

Have used it for a day. No smudges, easy to remove. Better than I thought because usually I take a long time to remove my makeup... but I only if it doesn't die my curls down. I will add 1 more lippie because of its easy removal (no dropping of lashes) and smudge proofness!

on 10/22/2015 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It used to be my second choice mascara after 'Bourjois Volume Glamour Ultra Curl'.

I come back to it recently and i realised it is pretty awful.

It does clump a lot and smudges easily.

The only plus is that is time efficient only 1 coat needed for everyday make up.

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

I prime my lashes with Vaseline and a little face powder then apply mascara and this one is a real 'WOW'. It makes my shirt stubby lashes lush and long, its very very black so best for evening but well worth buying and my eyes are sensitive. It comes off easily. A superb mascara.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this mascara because I've read so many rave reviews about it but this mascara is terrible. I tried applying this on several occasions and each time I ended up removing it straight away as it was just a nasty mess. The wand is huge and the formula is just too wet and goopy, however I tried to apply it it just stuck my lashes together. I may as well have smeared it on with my finger! In Australia this mascara is quite pricey so definitely a waste of money. Will never repurchase this.

I've been using this mascara for many years now.
I've tried others, but none of them were as good!

It's super pigmented , darkest black.
Very thick.

I don't use the wand/brush that comes with it though as it's just too big to get all the tiny lashes in the corners.

I use a think mascara comb to apply it.
And I build it up bit by bit.

Results are amazing, you get super length and thickness aswell.

And my lashes felt soft, not sharp and brittle feeling like some mascaras do.

The tube is on the larger size aswell, which is another bonus.

I've used both the waterproof and the normal formula, they are both equally as good!

It stays put too. No flaking or clumps ....
I love this mascara!

on 3/20/2014 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used the waterproof one. I liked how it made my eye lashes look with it. At first I found it hard to be applied but then I knew how to apply it and it was fine. the bad thing is that although it's waterproof but it ran out under my eyes that was really awful. I'd give a different mascara a new try instead of buying it again.

on 3/8/2014 11:28:00 AM

This mascara is just horrible. At first when you apply it seems great, lashes appear to look thick and very coated BUT this is short lived! The mascara is such a heavy consistence that after about 10 mins wear it pulls the eyelashes down making them appear shorter and making you seem heavy lidded a bit like when you're sleepy or a bit drunk. Not a flattering look.

The brush is way to big making it difficult to put on lower lashes and after using it a few times the mascara gets gloopy thick and really goes on clumpy and messy.

Lastly it always ends up smudged under my eyes too which I hate so you have to keep wiping smudges away.

Overall pretty nasty and best avoided.

on 1/15/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

A lot of volume. A bit clumpy, but looks very good on my lashes.

Unfortunately during the day, this mascara starts to flake a lot. Also hard to remove!

on 10/14/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A little clumpy if you dont remove the excess before you apply it, but very volumnizing and thickening mascara. What I do is, I use this to thicken my eyelash, then use Dior Show Overcurl to lengthen and de-clump it. Great lashes everytime.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite mascara. I wear fake eyelashes everyday so this give me a perfect amount of volume to be able to hide the falsies. It doesn't give me the greatest length, but its main feature is volume... and it delivers!
It's pretty expensive, but it lasts a very long time as it is a wetter formula than some. I will absolutely repurchase this.