NARS Bad Education

NARS Bad Education

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the absolute best red on my very pale skin. It is just stunning. And office appropriate too.

on 5/13/2011 3:40:00 PM

I can't say enough good things about this gloss. The color is awesome, not too red or garish, just the perfect tint of crimson. Adds a perfect blush to my lips. Absolutely perfect!

on 12/19/2010 5:45:00 PM

this is the perfect shade of red. I am very fair (nc 15 for reference) and have a hard time finding red lip glosses / lipsticks that won't look too garish against my skin tone. This is such a beautiful shade. It gives a just bitten look or looks apple red. Not sticky (which is nice) and no glitter (unlike some of the MAC reds).

It is a bit pricey (24 at sephora) but it is definitely worth it. I will re-buy when I run out and would recommend this to friends.

on 12/7/2010 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am a huge fan of NARS lip gloss, and Bad Education is no exception. I actually think this is my favorite of all the ones I have. I have been trying more bright lip colors lately and this is a really fun way to ease into it without going crazy. :) It looks stunning alone or layered (current fave: this over Petit Monstre). I am also impressed with how long lasting it is. Well worth the price. I am NW20 for reference.

on 5/8/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pro's:
*Color - bitten-red look -appropriate for office/everyday and can layer with liner/lipstick for going out
*Packaging -product doesn't seep through -love this about NARS LG
*Texture -goes on smooth -stays on smooth -no flaking
*Staying power -fair to good for a LG (for me, LG's with more staying power don't go on as smooth and start to flake)

Con's
*None. The price is well worth it for me, I'm a LG girl and I've been looking for a color like this for a long time that has all the pro's I've listed above.

on 3/8/2010 6:42:00 PM

I like this gloss. I am MAC NW45 with pigmented lips. This is truly a beautiful color on my skin, although its staying power is poor. Looks really good with MAC Currant liner. I am not really a lip gloss person but this one is a pretty good one.

on 12/19/2009 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A lovely dark rosy red on my lightly pigmented lips (see review image up the top of this page). It comes out sheerer on the lips than I first thought. Nice texture and good staying power. Definitely not a look-at-me red like Bloodwork, MAC Ruby Woo etc, it's subtle, muted and elegant. The shimmer is practically undetectable on my lips (thankfully). You can apply it more thickly for a slightly more opaque colour or blot it off to reveal a very slight rose stain. I don't know if this will become a staple in my lipgloss collection, but I do like it a lot and at this stage I probably would repurchase.

I have SO many NARS lip colours ( Chihuahua, Moon Fleet, Sweet Revenge, and Riskey Business) However Bad Education is the only one of these colours that I repetedly reach for each time I want to use lipgloss. Sephora describes it as a crimson red but on my pigmented lips it looks like a deep "just bitten" rose colour that's sheer and very pretty. I will definitely be buying it again and again!

on 3/24/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

All I can say is beautiful! When first applied it comes out this vibrant red strawberry colour but after a while it fades into a beautiful pinky red. Great every day office appropriate lippy!

on 2/12/2009 12:05:00 PM

I've had this for a while but just recently found love for it.

I love the look of red lips but I'm not sophisticated enough to wear it. My style is very casual, I wear minimal makeup like blush and lipbalm to work.

And I bought Bad Education, admittedly, because I loved the movie.

Since I started taking up salsa dancing, I've been going out more and playing with makeup, and one day I wore this brightly burgundy colored top with a black trench coat and I wanted some oomph on my lips. Bad education delivered that. Its not bright or strong, its just right.

Its a sheer jelly red like strawberry jam in the jar, it has decent lasting power, and looks pretty wearable on its own. You can layer it over lipsticks for a stronger look, of course. Over all I'm very happy with this color because I can see myself using it more often than a stronger blue/orange red.