Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser

Nivea Refreshing Gel Cleanser

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all I love this product!
I have very dry skin that is not sensitive at all, and I don't usually have any problems with my skin other than some blackheads on my chin and nose.
I use this after I work out to get all the sweat and gunk off my face, and it does burn a little bit around my nose, like other people have noticed. But to me it's not bad at all, and it's kind of just a sign that it's working.
I think it was a nice lather, my face feels scqueky clean after used it. I only really use facial wash to remove the leftover makeup on my face and to feel cleaner, it's not a must in my skincare tutu e.
But this one has actually made I difference in my skin! It has removed so many of my blackheads. I've only been using it for a few weeks, and I've noticed a huge difference in my chin and nose areas.
I'll defiantly repurchase this!

on 6/9/2016 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't too impressed with this product and ended up giving it to my sister which she did not finish either. I got a really bad break out after using it for a few days and it also made my skin very shiny. The product also burnt certain sensitive areas on my face. However my skin did feel very clean after using it

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/18/2015 10:49:00 PM

I'm going to start off with the cliche saying of... I don't usually write reviews, but I felt the need to write one for this product, in hopes of Nivea seeing this and making an improvement.

I remember this being the first face cleanser I used when I was in grade 6 or so... my mom got it for me and told me that it was something "simple" for me to start to learn to take care of my skin. It came in a somewhat more.. rigid bottle. The formula was COMPLETELY different, and since then they have changed the packaging and the formula, but still use the same name... but for a DIFFERENT product. I have no idea why they did this, as the formula for the previous version was MUCH better.

This formula actually forms a lather, which would not be the best for dry / sensitive skin. The previous formula cleansed just as well and would leave the skin feeling not tight at all. However this new formula does. It cleanses, yes, but it certainly does not feel as gentle and wonderful as it's predecessor.

TLDR, Nivea, I am more than disappointed in your new formulation. Either change it back to the original, or stop selling it under the same name.

This is a good cleanser. It cleans out skin pretty good without drying it out so I think its a good winter cleanser for oily skin. If you have combo skin, you will like this one. Takes off all the makeup too. If your skin is peeling excessively I don't know, but this wont make dry patches here and there worse as it doesn't give skin that squeaky clean stripped off feeling. There are tiny specks in it, too small to exfoliate but I guess for everyday they are okay. Overall, no bad things to say! Didn't break me out and smells clean and not overpowering. I'd say give this one a try, Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have so far gone through 2 tubes of this. I was out of Laneige Multi cleanser, and was out looking for a replacement, and my bf bought this. One day I thought I'll try it with my Clarisonic because it is just a clear blue gel without any exfoliating bits in it. I fell in love at the first try, it cleanses very well with my Clarisonic, and works just as well on its own, I ended up finishing the first tube by myself. It's not drying, it doesn't break me out, and it smells alright. Works for me! I'll be back for another if I don't find a better face wash!

on 3/2/2014 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

As far as I remember, I used this when I was about 14, and this actually didn't do anything bad to my sensitive skin. I remember that I used it as a super fast alternative for cleansing + moisturizing when I was a teenager. I woke up, showered, used this, put on mascara and done! So I bought this again and... I don't like it - and I seem to have totally forgotten how this gel was in the 6 years I wasn't using it. I guessed this was one of those things you put on a pad and cleanse your face with. When I tried that, it DID foam up a little, which made me feel like this was something I needed to wash off - checked the ingredient list - SLS as 3rd ingredient - definitely needs to be washed off. When I tried to wash this off, it felt slimy and weird. I thought it might work to remove makeup, but it really didn't do anything to the makeup I wear now... this product is just so... weird - I don't know how I figured it out as a teenager. I love the smell a lot though! Perfect for a teen that doesn't wear makeup - the smell might motivate to wash the face ;)

I remember liking it before, so it's, obviously, possible to like it - it's not a hopeless product. Still, I can find only use for it now - washing my face in the morning, when I have no heavy products on, but I hate the slimy texture. It doesn't last as long as my other cleansers, which is why I only give it a 3, but otherwise an OK basic cleanser that doesn't dry the skin out - good for someone with normal skin, who don't want to put on moisturizer after

on 12/30/2013 12:48:00 PM

This works very well and leaves skin soft and clean, but lately i've been trying to find a paraben free substitute, if i don't find one that works this good i'll keep buying it. I use high end brands but nothing beats this.

on 12/3/2013 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Heads up: this reivew is completely irrational. This isn't a 'bad' product; it doesn't make me break out, catch fire or explode, but I simply hate it. For no real good reason. Is mediocrity a reason? I'll hate it for its mediocrity.

Product is a blue gel in a squeeze tube. Generous amout for the price and the consistency is good - no cutting the tube open. Clear tube also means I know how much is left. You get a lippie for that. But the tube leaks. Only the littlest bit, so small that you think you are imagining it but then 3 days later all your other wonderful face stuff is covered in a slimy blue, slightly foamy, film.

It is my AM cleanser, so it doesn't have too much of a job to do, no heavy sunscreen to lift, and it does seem to clean things up. The gel itself doesn't have a strong smell and does it's job quietly, so another lippie. But the gel is slimy; I know, it's gel, but it's a weird feeling. It doesn't really foam up on my face, just sort of bubbles and slimes around. Even after I've rinsed off, I feel the irrational need to scrub my face with a washcloth to get rid of the soapy slimyness.

As mentioned, I didn't break out or burn and I do have acne prone, somewhat sensitive skin. So there's your third lippie.

Now, I am a prudent sort - I hate throwing stuff out. But after two weeks, I was fantasizing about Neutrogena, even Clarins. I was finding excuses not to use it; I suddenly 'found' an old pack of cleansing wipes and decided to use them up, just to avoid this product. Irrational right? But MUA is about real, not rational.

So, I've put on my big girl pants, decided that life is too short, and am stopping with this. I'm going to use up those old face wipes and dance my way back to my Pink Grapefruit Face Scrub. But I've put it in the shower as body wash (Seriously girls, you know I can't just 'throw it out'!!).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a cheaper replacement for my Eucerin Refreshing Cleansing Gel after reading the numerous good reviews.

My skin is normal and not prone to break outs. However, after using this product, my face broke out in tiny spots all over my forehead. The worst pimple was between my eyebrows with a yellow head. The rest were just red little bumps that looked and felt like blisters. After switching to another cleanser, my pimples subsided within a day, as quickly as they appeared.

I noticed that my skin felt dryer after using this gel, and I think this made my sebum regulation go out of whack. I came to this conclusion because when I put my moisturiser over those spots in the morning, it made them look and disappear slightly over the whole day, nearly subsiding, until I washed my face at night. So dry skin must have caused the irritation and the spots to turn up. Perhaps, I could have been just mildly allergic to this product.

If you have dry skin, I think you may want to avoid this and try a less drying gel cleanser.

My skin is super dry and acne prone and sensitive. That being said this gel cleanser was a HG for me I repurchased about 5-6 times and even though I am trying other cleansers now this is my go to as I know it won't break me out or cause any irritation.

However I really do not like how chemically this product is - I am trying some more natural alternatives but if you are looking for a gentle cleanser that will remove make up, quickly clear acne and not cause irritation on super dry skin this is for you. It is a really nice option to clear up your skin and keep it clear until you can try adding more natural products into the mix