Jane Be Pure Mineral Powder

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2015 3:42:00 PM

You will want to shoot yourself trying to figure out how to use this product. There is no obvious way to get the powder onto the brush. Unless you are a Cal Tech engineer or a scientist from MIT, you won't even get the package open. Forget this poor product. Piece of c***!

I absolutely hate the packaging. The idea of the built in brush is great but the brush is horrible. It is not soft. It is rather rough and harsh on my skin. I have this powder in neutral and ivory. Ivory is too light for me and neutral blends right in with my yellow-based skintone. It is an alright product. I am not raving about it but I don't hate it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

REVIEW FOR LOOSE POWDER W/ BRUSH TOP (AS IN PICTURE): the damn thing took forever to figure out/open. the brush literally scratch and hurts my face. everytime i need more product to come out i shake it really hard (which u're supposed to) and it comes out all over my clothes. :( i got the mineral powder in the jar and that's much better.

on 2/5/2010 5:20:00 PM

I found this on sale at superstore a few weeks ago (I live in Canada lol). As the brush idea seemed really user friendly and convenient, I bought it for the occasional touch up and to set my foundation. As much as i wish i loved it, its formula broke me up terribly and the brush was ridiculously difficult to use. I have very oily skin, and it didnt help control oil at all.

I love Jane blushes and shadows, but their face products need some serious work!

on 2/17/2010 3:21:00 PM

Okay, the packaging sucks. I took the powder out of the container and put it into a little container i had lieing around.
I actually, love this product. I got it cheap (on clearence at Giant Eagle) and it works pretty good. it stays on pretty long and doesn't really break me out and i have acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I had some hopes for this to work well due to it's efficiency but it failed me. I bought this in colorless because I wanted something to set my foundation without providing additional color. I tapped the brush on the back on my hand very hard about 2 dozen times for some powder to surface the brush but only very little finally came out. I had to keep on tapping the brush often for anything to come out. Once applied, it looked like I did nothing to my face =/ I still had a shiny oily face and no visable results of what a translucent powder is suppose to do. I'm still baffeled of the purpose of this powder. It doesn't minimize pores as what it claimed to do, it doesn't control shine & it didn't set my foundation. I tried working w/ it 4 times than just decided to throw it away.

This review is for the loose powder in a pot - not the powder with the attached sponge on top or the powder in the tube with the attached brush on one end.

The first time I used this product I applied it as a finishing powder on top of my foundation and did not like it at all. It looked cakey and heavy, and way to shimmery. However, I found if I used it over my sunscreen *instead of* my foundation, it looks great. I apply it with a fluffy blush brush, since the jar is too small to get my powder brush into, and dust it over my face after applying sunscreen and concealer. It gives a fantastic, natural finish to my face with enough coverage to even out flaws and redness, but not so much it looks like a mask. I'll definitely repurchase it.

A good sheer powder if you need to re-apply often and don't want that cakey build-up you get with most powders. Not much powder in the package, though.

on 1/25/2009 10:42:00 PM

I've never felt so stupid trying to work a make-up package (brush built-in). After much tampering with the package, I figured out the clear plastic cap pulls off and snaps back on. (Duh! I kept trying to screw it back on: doesn't work!)

My other problem was getting the powder onto the brush. I couldn't get it there with tamping the brush on the back of my hand. I have to shake the whole container up and down, and then the powder does come out... kind of a lot, and flies all over.

After all this work, I wasn't impressed with the results (I got colorless). I MUCH prefer ELF's Mineral Booster or even their pressed powder.

Oh, and the brush, once I figured out how to work it, was far too rough on my NON-sensitive skin.

The only good news: I got it on sale at Walgreen's for around $2.

on 2/14/2009 12:49:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted something that would be easy to travel with. I liked the packaging and how the brush was part of it. After I figured out how to use it, I tried it out. I don't like it at all. The brush is horrible. It is coarse and doesn't blend at all. This product is pretty much useless in my opinion. Perhaps I could access the minerals and use them with my own brush.