trilogy Ultra Hydtrating Cream

4.4

Aqua, aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, octyl palmitate, cetearyl alcohol, Glycerine, Glycerol stearate, meil (honey), Rosa canina (rose hip) seed oil, oenothera biennis (evening primrose) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) fruit oil, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit oil, Tocopheryl acetate, perfume, lavender angustifolia (lavender) flower, phenoxyethanol and exceyhexylglycerin, citral*, geraniol*, citronellol*, limonene*, linalool*, *components of natural essential oils.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dry skin and this has been the only moisturiser that has worked very well for me. I mix it with a few drops of argan or rosehip oil before applying in the morning and it stays good all day, even when working long hours in an air conditioned office ( I live in a tropical country). It is thick and may be a little heavy when first applied on but sinks in well after a few minutes. Great under foundation. A great moisturiser for day or night.

I read great reviews before purchasing, I have really dry skin in the winter, I tried this out for a week. it is thick but not sticky but it made my skin extremely oily, wore under makeup once and I looked like a hot mess after an hour, I got it half price at whole foods but I'll still be returning

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool

Let me start by saying I love Trilogy products (rosehip oil, toner, cream cleanser) but not this - although I really wanted to. I have dehydrated skin, especially over winter and rarely break out. Thought I'd try this over winter and ended up with mini golf balls on my neck, cheeks and chin. Stopped using it and all good now, although my chin feels quite dry. Now on the hunt for a good moistuiriser.

I love this face cream!! It's absorbed quickly and does not feel sticky or greasy. Leaves my face baby skin smooth and hydrated all through winter

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Full product review on my blog Nourish & Soothe!

5 Rating Review

1. Effectiveness: This cream is really super smooth! The cream slides on to skin in a breeze and doesn’t leave an awkward greasiness afterwards. The skin really soaks up all the goodness and leaves my hands feeling hydrated and silky soft. (9/10)
2. Fragrance: trilogy claims the fragrance to be sweet orange, amber and vanilla but honestly, I only pick up on the vanilla. It doesn’t bother me at all as the scent is very pleasant and not overpowering, just what I want in a hand cream. (9/10)
3. Results: It really helps alleviate the itchy patches in between my fingers, but only temporarily so I wouldn’t say it helps to heal them, but at least for a while I’m able to forget about the itchiness. The skin feels hydrated and even when my hands are extremely dry it doesn’t sting or burn when I put it on, as with so many other hand creams I’ve tried. My hands feel happy long after each nourishment! (8/10)
4. Packaging: The trilogy Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream comes in a 75 ml tube. It easily fits in to your handbag but the design unfortunately has a problem with the dispenser, for some reason when you squeeze, you just end up getting too much cream out. Which is not ideal as the cream doesn’t last as long as I’d like it to. (5/10)
5. Value: The 75 ml tube is priced at 28 USD and with a use of around 3 times a day, it has lasted me around a month, which is around 0.31 USD per use. Not too bad given it’s a hand moisturiser. (7/10)

I loved the effectiveness and the results it had on my dry hands. It really hydrates and moisturises fantastically, leaving a pleasant and subtle fragrance afterwards. The price point is ok, although the dispenser could definitely be improved – but all in all the ingredients are safe and I’d even go as far as to say this is one of my favourite hand creams at the moment.

At first, I thought this cream would be too rich for me to use as I don't have very dry skin and live in a humid weather. Therefore, I waited till winter time before I've started to use it. It worked out a perfect moisturiser for cold winter time.

Despite the cream is very thick but was easily spread onto face. I've used it day and night without any trouble. It kept my skin nice and hydrated throughout the winter. No breakout. It came in a light scent from the essential oil as ingredient.

Would love to purchase this again in winter time.

My skin is combination-dry. And when I say dry I mean really really dry ... I flake quite easily even to the point where I can't wear makeup because makeup accentuates the flaking. This was the first moisturiser that I had used which did not make my skin feel tight a couple of hours later which was a pleasant surprise. It also reduced my flakiness to a point that I felt comfortable using makeup. I use to use it over my rosehip oil in the morning. Previously I had used Olay, Nivea, L'Oreal, Dr Hauschka, Jurlique, AUM, MV, Akin, and Eminence which weren't moisturizing enough. I also tried Ella Bache, Shiseido, EA Prevage but had reactions. I'm currently using SK-ii but will probably go back to this moisturizer once I finish my stempower rich. This is a quality product and the price is just an added bonus.

I bought this tube of cream after my skin started getting really dry from the Melbourne weather that's transiting into the autumn season.

Unlike most of other Trilogy moisturizers that I've tried, this one comes in a plastic tube form with a plastic cap. Upon using it, I have to admit that this cream is THICK. It's that kind of cream that you can turn your hands upside down and it wont even move a bit (if you get my weird analogue). Despite it being really thick in consistency, I was pleasantly surprised that this product is not oily at all and does a very good job in moisturising my skin. I apply this on top of the Age-Proof Nutrient serum, and it really keeps my skin moisturized despite the harsh weather. It sinks into the skin quickly and comfortably too.

I, however, will not recommend this to anyone who is living in a hot humid tropical weather, or who has oily skin. This is a thick, heavy-duty moisturizer that would suit the winter season, or if you are suffering from dry skin.

Another great product from Trilogy !

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using this cream for about 6 weeks now. I usually use even heavier creams, but thought I would try this for the summer. And I love it. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy, but it's not dry at all in a few hours time like it is with most moisturisers, It doesn't leave my skin too slippery for makeup as, say, an oil or pawpaw cream might (yes,my skin is that dry). It's definitely brightening as well, it gives me a glow without any optical brighteners. I may need a heavier cream again in a few months time, but for now, I can't do without it. I lost it for a few days, and I noticed the difference almost immediately-my skin looked much more dull within the day, probably because it was dehydrated and dry. It's in a tube, which is hygienic. It's $37 in Australia, which is not super cheap, not like Simple or Nivea, but you can often get special offers, and it's better than many of the $100+ creams I have tried in the past. It's currently 25% off at Myer, so I ran out and bought two more. Trilogy is an excellent natural beauty brand! ETA: it's definitely not enough for winter, but it's more than moisturising enough for the rest of the year.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I really, really like this moisturiser. It's probably the thickest cream I use and it works wonders at hydrating and plumping dull, dry skin. I don't actually use it on my face much as it clogs my pores so I really only use it in emergencies. Instead I use it on my neck and décolletage daily. There my skin tends to be quite dry and those areas take to richer products quite well. I've really noticed how soft this cream has made my neck and it feels hydrated all day. In fact, I usually apply it before bed and my skin still feels plump and moist all throughout the next day. It's non-greasy and sinks in well. Fabulous product. It smells strongly of lavender and reminds me very much of my mother's aromatherapy products. You'd have to like those botanical smells to use it, although I'm sure most people who already enjoy Trilogy's products and their general aesthetic would enjoy its smell. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone with very dry skin. Those with combination, oily or acne-prone skin would enjoy this too but perhaps not as a general face moisturiser.