La Femme Powder Blush

La Femme Powder Blush

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mineral Oil, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

on 3/12/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

for the price or even without considering price,these are super high quality.yes,they kick up up a lot of dust but it is not something that is going to affect the final results.so,results are beautiful,blended and long lasting pop of color on cheeks. what more can one ask for? right!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought three of these blushes: Soft Beige, Dusty Rose, and Russet. Like other reviewers have said, these blushes are very pigmented and have good staying power, but are super dusty. I have them in a MAC pro palette without an insert and they just get over everything. This doesn't stop me from lemming a few more though! I bought Soft Beige hoping to use it as a contour shade, but it is too warm. It does work as a natural blush. I was hoping Russet would be dupish for Bare Minerals Warmth but isn't rich enough and it has micro glitters. Dusty Rose also has micro glitter. The website (Camera Ready Cosmetics) is not very helpful with their swatches, so make sure you google for them. I looked up swatches but somehow missed the fact that Russet had glitter. Despite these minor flaws, I've been loving these blushes. I apply them with my Elf studio powder brush because its the fluffiest one in my collection. These come in 35mm pans so they are smaller than MAC. I had to glue magnets to them to get them to stay in the palette. These are a cheap thrill and worth the hassle.

To Read all 74 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/13/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Gosh, I don't know when I discovered these but I'm so glad I did. My emphasis on certain products comes and goes but I usually do from time to time crave a good blush. La Femme makes great powder blushes. These are SOOOOO pigmented! I know a lot of MUAs and women all over "swirl" their brushes into their blush, but trust me, all you need to do is lightly pay the brush head into the blush for all the color you need.

Warning, they do have a vintage smell (not necessarily "Grandma") that reminds me of a powder room, but it's undetectable after buffing it into your cheeks.

60s mod is in vogue (Gucci F/W 2014) as well as through entertainment (Mad Men) but I actually got my inspiration from Valley of the Dolls - I lightly apply the cheeks in a "hump" below the apples of my cheeks, into my bronzer (which is on the hollows of my cheeks). It's a nice, very classy look that I find more flattering than the "upward stroke" blushing that most MUAs use.

I have 4 shades but I mainly use Nectar Peach, I think? It's a cool-toned variety (which probably helps as I'm cool-toned!) that's a nude-y peach with some pink. Very flattering.

And they only cost $3-4 a piece online!

update 2/2015:
up to 4 stars

i gave these babies one more chance, took time and played with them. im very impressed with the pigmentation and lasting quality. tho it's dusty, i can get by with it.

i have to mix 2-3 shades to get my perfect blush color, depending on the kind of makeup look im going for. i use only matte shades for the cheeks. the ones with pearl or shimmer are what i use as eyeshadows.

$3.50 per pan refill is sooo worth it.

-------------

Veeery pigmented, lasts whole day.

Can be used as overall face color, eyeshadow, lip adjuster as well.

The only problem I had is its undertone. Most are cool. even with the peach variant, these are still on the coolish/neutral tone.

I remember swatching a warm shade but the formula is forgettable, blah.

I think this is good for those with cool and neutral undertones.

on 1/24/2014 1:30:00 PM

Deserving to be part of any blush lover, collection. Use a stippling brush and a very light hand, and your cheecks wiil thank you! My favorite colors are peach, pink flamingo, and terrecota.

Gooo out and get some!!!

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This blush has been around since I was a teen. I tried it then because it was cheap and that's all I could afford. I didn't really know how to blend blush back then and it didn't work well for me because they are so highly pigmented. Since then, I've learned a few things and LaFemme is now my favorite go to blush, as in Holy Grail status!

The colors are amazing and stay true without oxidizing. Several colors work for me but Misty Plum is my favorite. I find that Elf small stippling brush is a great brush to use with this because it doesn't pick up so much product. I also use Elf's flat top brush and that works just as well. I don't swirl the brush in the product, I kind of touch the top of the brush on the pan and start applying. Apply first to the check area that you want the highest density of color and start blending from there,

on 12/26/2013 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love these blushes. They are super cheap, extremely pigmented and come in a convenient pan form (like MAC pro pans but larger). (they also come in plastic packaging for an extra price if you don't have a Z-palette type)
Apricot- peach color, on the pink side
Peach- peach color more on the orange side than apricot (I prefer apricot, as I'm very pink toned)
Misty plum- pink with a hint of purple
Scarlet- light (blue-toned) pink
Coral spice- mid-toned pink with much shimmer (some people say this is a dupe for NARS Orgasm)

on 12/17/2013 2:30:00 AM

Everyone needs to know about these blushes. These are amazing, absolutely amazing. The quality and pigmentation is ridiculous. You barely need to even swipe a brush across the top to get strong pigmentation, which also means it's very easy to put too much blush on. The variety of colors is fantastic and I love that you can customize your own blush palette (one palette is 12 colors) to suit your skintone/preferences. The price also can't be beat - $2.50! Ridiculously cheap for the quality and pigmentation you get. There's also a variety of finishes including sparkle, satin, and matte. The BEST blushes on the market.

on 11/8/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LaFemme blushes are great quality and value for money offering a wide range of colours and finishes at low prices and they are super pigmented and last all day. I have a ton of these but my favorites are Naturelle,Peach, Heather and Terracotta -these ones suit me the most. I'm an NC42 for reference.

on 9/9/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Holy grail blush. It is super pigmented and lasts for hours. Some of the colors can be a bit powdery (coral spice, pink) but just tap the brush once and it should be fine. The best part is it costs a fraction of the Nars blushes (the best high end blushes in my opinion). There is also a huge range of colors which is great. I can't justify spending money on high end blushes now after trying these. Order from Camera Ready Cosmetics, makeupmania has crap customer service.

Popular Blush Products