SeaOra Mineral Eye Gel

SeaOra Mineral Eye Gel

on 12/6/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall a great product. Most eye creams/gels irritate my eyes, but this one didn't. Therefore, I was able to use this for over a year and have noticed a big difference as far as reducing dark circles and puffiness below my eyes. The gel does keep the eye area well hydrated, but does not significantly reduce the wrinkles around that area. I wish the product was available with at least an SPF 15 sunscreen. I rated the packaging quality a 3 because after a few weeks, the "ink" on the side of the jar will start rubbing off onto the hands and will sometimes get mixed in with the gel while trying to apply the eye gel.

on 11/28/2007 10:09:00 AM

I received this as a sample. Goes on smooth and really noticed a difference even with the 1st application. Will purchase this product in full size.

Recommended for ALL Skin types!

on 10/20/2007 9:47:00 PM

I came across this product from doing a Google search for "dead sea". I love using dead sea mud as my weekly mask, and was interested in seeing what else there was out there for my skin. I have known about the benefits of the dead sea for years, but never really ventured into that line of skincare.

The search led me to www.cleopatraschoice.com and they offer a sample of their products for $4.99. I was really curious about the eye gel, as I have been suffering from flaky, irritated eyes recently. I received my samples in like 2 days, and couldn't wait to try them all out. But I will just stick with reviewing their eye gel for now!

First thoughts: Colourless, odourless (although it does smell of something, but I quite like it...I am guessing it is the dead sea minerals or something), opaque, thick, silky gel that smooths onto the eye area wonderfully and feesl very refreshing (when I order the full size I am going to keep it in the fridge). It leaves my skin feel silky smooth, and in a matter of days my flakiness has gone! Makeup applies like a dream over it (I use mineral makeup).

My eye area (and other parts of me) can be sensitive and have reacted badly to creams in the past, but this gel just seems to have brightened my eye area! No milia, no irritation...just soft, plump skin. I love it for these reasons alone.

I don't think I have used it long enough to notice any difference in fine lines/wrinkles around my eye area but I did notice that it helps with puffiness. I wish it would come in a tube rather than a jar though, although I guess you can get a lot of wasted product with tubes. I will update this review if anything changes in the next month or so, but I will definitely be purchasing the full size when my sample runs out :)

Edited to add ingredients: Demineralised Water & Dead Sea Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Caprilyc/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Glycerin, Carbomer, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis) Oil, Urea, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Keratin, Peach (Prunus Persica) Kernel Oil, Cornflower (Achinicea Pallida) Extract, Lactic Acid, Hydrolized Collagen, Benzoic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Exotic Verbena (Litsea Citrata) Oil, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate.