Trussardi Donna

4.2

on 12/7/2017 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I bought the EDP of this finally. I love it. It is far less intrusive than the EDT and the spillage is great for me. It’s citrussy but soft. There is no sharpness or bug spray in this fragrance. It is just short of being a bit syrup or jammy. I love it. My husband says it smells like sexy marmelade.

on 2/17/2017 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love this scent, elegant, feminine, sweet. Might be too much for ladies that don't like sweet perfumes. To me, this is sophisticated and sexy at the same time. Wouldn't repurchase it right away since I have so many others, but recommend it surely.

on 12/27/2012 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Headache, really strong and sparkling perfume, I don't like such a scents.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is just wonderful! It was fresh and fruity upon it's initial spray and then it dried down into a warm woody kind of scent. It's very elegant and with it's classy looking classic bottle it makes a wonderful package.

After a few days of wearing this I can absolutely say there is no disappointment with it.

on 8/16/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

(Note: this is for the original Trussardi for women in the white mock-croc bottle, circa '82. My bottle is new, not vintage.)
Wow. Been stalking this for a while... I love chypres of all colours and bought it unsniffed. Don't rush to judgement, because the initial cloud of big spiky green might scare you off. As Trussardi settles, there is a remarkable seesaw between bitterness and butteriness that is so intriguing. I like scents that play a little hard-to-get, and this is one of those slippery minxes (which is easily unisex) . I don't yet love it, but I will love the exploration.

on 4/9/2012 5:01:00 PM

I just don`t know what to say.I just love this perfume. :)) Probably will buy it again

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. A deep, leathery yet still crisp chypre with excellent sillage. Very elegant and yet totally wearable with daytime casual clothing. Although you could certainly wear this at night, it's not a sexy sort of date perfume. Instead it's very clean and confident while retaining a little bit of mystery, courtesy of the leather notes. All in all a marvellous choice for spring, summer and autumn, it tends to lose its punch on me in winter.

Edit: As I am getting older I have gravitated towards more floral perfumes, however some florals are just too light and lack staying power. I have found that for me at least, this successfully layers with Jardins De Bagatelle by Guerlain, Tea Rose by the Perfumers Workshop and Gardenia fragrance oil. The smoky sharpness of Donna is tempered by an added layer of floral notes.

on 1/20/2008 10:38:00 PM

I first had a whiff of this scent while on holiday in Hong Kong in 1990. It was heady and seemed so perfectly suited for the exotic sights and sounds of the bustling smaller side streets of Hong Kong. I purchased a bottle right then and there, and since it has been discontinued, have been stockpiling whenever I can locate another bottle, another body lotion, another soap.

I love the leathery sweet scent - it's intoxicating and exotic seeming. Perhaps it was my memory of that particular moment in HK, but regardless, this is a fragrance that will carry me - like a good Cartier watch - well into my 70s and hopefully beyond!

*bmichlig* wrote a perfect review! Trussardi Donna classic (the snake or crocodile skin like white bottle!!) is a well hidden masterpiece. An unique, exotic and aromatic chypre from 1982 (the early 80's when fragrances have power!!). Not for beginners. Worth a try if you love vintage-chypre-scents (similar to Gucci No. 3).

on 10/20/2007 3:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Trussardi Donna comes in a hip-flask shaped bottle wrapped in white faux crock, with a saddle brown leather oval bearing the embossed Trussardi logo (what is that thing, anyway?) I chose this unsniffed sometime during summer, and I'm glad I did.

Information about this specific Trussardi scent seems to be about nil, so I cannto tell you what the notes are. What I can say is that this seems to be a cousin of Miss Balmain and Bandit, with a floral base touched by dry smoke and leather.

While Bandit went right through to clean, expensive soap on my skin, and Miss Balmain is sort of rosey-powdery on me, Trussardi Donna stays crisp, leathery, softly smokey, and retains also the sheer floral aspect I love in Bandit's firt spritz.

If you are a fan of these sort of classic, vintagey scents and can see the merits in the Bandits and Miss Balmains of the fragrance world, you will enoy Trussardi Donna. You can often find it at online discounters and occaisionally at TJ Maxx for a song.

Popular Fragrances