Sugar Cosmetics Sweet Cheeks blush

No Image

3.7

on 6/12/2015 8:17:00 PM

Received as part of a little gift set and though I don't usually do cream blushes figured I would give it a try. The consistency was fairly slick, only a little tacky, and blended out nicely without too much effort. It didn't make my face feel sticky and would have given a nice blushed look if the color weren't way too pink for my fair skin. If they had a lighter - not so flamingo- pink or subtle apricot shade, I would give it a shot as it blended pretty easily and didn't make me look like I had war paint on. Good pigmentation, decent consistency, overall okay.

I got the Gingerbread blusher which is a copper colour with a rose colour. This is a little sparkly and a little dark for me - but there was a sale and everything was 50% off so I really can't comment on the price.
However, after I had this for a few months the blusher cake fell out of the compact. I didn't get a lot of use out of this - I mostly used it in the winter months even though I bought it hoping to get more use out of it when I got a tan in the summer BUT that hasn't happened yet. The colour goes on smooth and feels silky. There's a nice amount of sparkle or shimmer but not over the top. I can only pull this off in the evenings though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I got this at TJ Maxx last year for $4 for 22g of product. I got it in Gingerbread which a copperish color and a rose color. They're pretty pigmented and give me a really pretty sunkissed look. In the winter, when I'm paler (NC30ish), this can look a little too orangey on me, but in the summer, when I'm NC35-37, this is perfect. If you use a light hand, it will be perfect for you, no matter what your skin tone is :)

I bought this baked blush in the shade "cupcake" at T.J Maxx for $3.99. Its a very glowy soft lilac-pink. I used to use Passport cream blush stick in the shade LHR. Now, I can't find Passport anywhere! :-( But this is the powder version!!! Looks quite purple (like LHR) but on its very sheer and glows a baby soft pink-plum. Perfect for pale, cool toned skin. I love how sheer and luminescent it is without being glittery or overwhelming. Would repurchase especially for the discount price of $3.99!

I really love this product! I bought it in the shade cupcake which is pale pink shimmer on one side and lilacky (is that a word?) on the other..pink but slightly purplish around the edges. This looks so natural actually. no streaking at all..which being a nc 15 sometimes less in winter this is something of a amazing find. I am already thinking of getting this in "gingerbread" rose and tanish bronze..try it out!! So soft and luminous

on 11/3/2005 3:59:00 AM

I wanted to love this product, but alas, it was not to be. I had a hard time blending and the color just never looked natural. Kudos to those who have gotten it to work. I usually love the Sugar Brand. This was just such a disappointment.

on 10/31/2004 11:26:00 AM

This is so tiny! It's adorable! I have it in Bee Sting and I plan on buying Tickle. Bee Sting is a bright red, very scary in the tube, but on the cheeks, when blended, is a pretty doll like flush. It makes me feel beautiful lol. It is a little harder than I'd like, but i think if warmed up, it would work a little better. I definitely will repurchase.

on 1/16/2004 5:07:00 AM

Looking for a cream stick blush, I found a few options (NARS, Passport, etc.), but all were industrial-size and in the 30-40 dollar range. Sugar's compact Sweet Cheeks stick is less than two inches tall, and slightly smaller than the diameter of a quarter, and sells for 15 dollars at Sephora - a good option for someone who isn't going to use the product every day. I have Bee Sting, which is bright, slightly cool red which blends down to a natural flush colour on my fair skin. I do find this product slightly tough/waxy, and in the winter I normally warm it up for a few seconds with a hairdryer before using. I'd rather have this product slightly dry and able to be warmed up than too greasy and shiny, like some other stick blushes. I don't use this often, but if I ran out I would buy it again.

on 3/8/2003 6:17:00 PM

I really like this blush. I bought Tickle. It is pink. You can also use it on your lips. Gives a fresh look. It also blends easily. I found it to be a bit waxy but I would buy again.

on 2/17/2003 5:28:00 PM

My favorite FAKE FLUSH blush. I have this in Bee Sting which is a true red in the tube and shows up as a natural flush on your skin. You dab it on your cheeks and blend with your fingers and the color lasts all day. A really pretty flush color that looks real natural. Lovely!