Essie Bahama Mama

Essie Bahama Mama
Bahama MamaBahama Mama

3.8

The color is pretty basic and quite boring. Would no repurchase,

on 5/3/2016 12:39:00 PM

GORGEOUS!!! Essie's Bahama Mama is a deep, purplish-berry-burgundy with a creme finish. It looks amazing on the nail and I love it. Very flattering and sophisticated.

Excellent formula with this one. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. Dries to a nice, shiny finish too.

I would absolutely buy this one again. Recommended!

on 1/3/2016 12:57:00 PM

Beautiful color, but this chips like none other. I know a lot of people have problems with essies chipping, however I have not had the same issue EXCEPT with this ONE. I can't even get 24 hours of chip free wear (and I always use a base and topcoat). Such a shame :(

on 1/3/2016 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Just love this. The shade is do flattering, it applies well & lasts well. A bit thin maybe? Sometimes I feel it needs 3 coats.

It's a medium-dark purple polish that looks so classy on – I believe – every skin type. The formula is classic Essie and it dries superfast to a glossy finish. It looks perfect even without a top coat! I'm definitely going to repurchase it.

on 10/30/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

My favorite fall color. I use 2 sometimes 3 coats to get a rich deep plum color. The consistency, at least in my bottle, is pretty good. Also, using seche vite over top will prevent chipping and will make it last longer.

on 7/20/2015 7:32:00 PM

Such a beautiful color but on my fingers, it chipped way too fast!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Horrible formula, I love my Essie NP's but this one chips too easily. Also it doesn't look as nice as it does in the bottle.

on 1/2/2015 10:55:00 PM

I really like the colour, but the formula (at least my bottle) isn't great. I find it very thin and almost watery.. It tends to flood my cuticles unless I'm veryyyyy careful. It's not a unique enough shade for me to put up with the formula once I finish this bottle.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of those colors everyone needs to have in her arsenal. It's such a sophisticated deep wine that is so flattering on so many different skin tones. The finish is creamy and I didn't find there to be much streaking. Beautiful for the colder seasons and adds just enough color. BM is like a lighter version of Wicked. Great for both casual and dressy occasions. I'd definitely recommend giving this a go!

Popular Polishes