3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

i love the color, but the formula is really bad. you need _at least_ three coats for it to look decent. i won't buy this again, because i'm hoping to find a good dupe for it, since life's too short to apply more than two coats of polish.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Essie Bahama Mama is a beautiful plummy burgundy. I had no problems with the application, it was perfect in 2 coats. Topped with a top coat it lasted until I changed my nail polish a week later.

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

The color is pretty basic and quite boring. Would no repurchase,

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Beautiful color, but this chips like none other. I know a lot of people have problems with essies chipping, however I have not had the same issue EXCEPT with this ONE. I can't even get 24 hours of chip free wear (and I always use a base and topcoat). Such a shame :(

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Just love this. The shade is do flattering, it applies well & lasts well. A bit thin maybe? Sometimes I feel it needs 3 coats.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

It's a medium-dark purple polish that looks so classy on – I believe – every skin type. The formula is classic Essie and it dries superfast to a glossy finish. It looks perfect even without a top coat! I'm definitely going to repurchase it.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

4 years ago

My favorite fall color. I use 2 sometimes 3 coats to get a rich deep plum color. The consistency, at least in my bottle, is pretty good. Also, using seche vite over top will prevent chipping and will make it last longer.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Such a beautiful color but on my fingers, it chipped way too fast!

About reviewer (99 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

Horrible formula, I love my Essie NP's but this one chips too easily. Also it doesn't look as nice as it does in the bottle.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I really like the colour, but the formula (at least my bottle) isn't great. I find it very thin and almost watery.. It tends to flood my cuticles unless I'm veryyyyy careful. It's not a unique enough shade for me to put up with the formula once I finish this bottle.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair