Laura Mercier Kohl Pencil in Black Gold

Laura Mercier Kohl Pencil in Black Gold

4.5

on 6/7/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I wear this eye pencil in Black Gold a lot, it doesn't scream 'I lined my eyes today' like plain black liner does, that's something important to me because I never want my makeup to look over done (at 50+). I only use it for my lower lashes. It defines well and stays put all day, with a primer. I have never had trouble with it smearing or running, even if I tear up. Just ordered another for back up!

on 11/22/2015 7:42:00 PM

I had been waiting for the annual Sephora sale to purchase this eyeliner! $25 is a bit steep for me, especially since as a contact lens wearer, I have to deal with many of the ones I try smearing all over my lenses and I hate returning makeup. I've been a fan of MUFE and Revlon for years, but I'd seen swatches of this one and knew it would be the first thing in my cart come November!

Truly, the selling point of this eyeliner -- for me at least -- is the complex color. It applies a lovely, warm, slightly shiny blackened gold. It's not bronze, as it doesn't contain brown shades, and it's not grey. It's like a smudgy black eyeliner that has a warm gold woven through it, if that makes sense? It's neutral enough that I can wear it to work, but different enough that it's noticeable. So lovely for those of us with brown eyes! Also, it comes with its own little sharpener.

The reason I've knocked it down to four stars from five is that it does tend to fade a bit quicker than my faithful MUFE and Revlon eyeliners. I was expecting it to smudge a bit, as it's a kohl, but there's no smudging, just the fading from the inner section of my upper lashline. It's not a huge deal, but I do wish it would stay on just a bit longer.

All things considered, though, I will definitely buy this again when there's a good deal on it. The gorgeous and unique color makes me so happy whenever I wear it.

on 9/14/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wear this everyday. Perfect on my nc45 warm skin tone! Looks so gorgeous and it's so worth it for the price! Stays on all day and this color is so unique! Packaging is sophisticated and I don't even need to bring it with me to touch up! Must buy for all women of color!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This liner is such a trip! It's looks dark gold but glides on black. I got it as a sample and immediatley fell in love. I don't use it often, but when I do, it's so beautiful.. just like a neutral black. Mild with sheen. It also lasts long so it's a winner in my book.

Got a sample of this in one of those 500 point sets from Sephora. Love how this eyeliner makes my eyes look. The only thing i dont like is that it tends to fade after a few hours.

on 2/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Ok, at first I wasn't sure if I liked this eyeliner because it's quite a subtle golden color BUT it makes a difference brightening my brown eyes. My eyes seem to look golden brown when I wear this and I also like smudging it on my lids and put a warm brown e/s over it. It looks so pretty! It's expensive for what you get but the color, for me, is unique. Overall, I love this eyeliner :)

on 2/3/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

It is bronze/antique gold with a hint of olive. I don't think this has any black in it as the name suggests. But before you spend some 20$ on this eyeliner do try Rimmel London's eyeliner: Spark It Up in color 'Black Gold' 600 which is only for some 5$. I wish I knew I would have saved 15$.

LOVE this! Instant sexiness.. once you apply this on your water line, you'll achieve a sultry, sexy, divine look. This is the best eye kohl I've ever tried. $19 a pop but I got 5 different (full sized) colors in a pack @ macy's for $45.. a good deal! This lasts and lasts, and gives a wonderful smokey eye look. However, this doesn't have a lot of "black" in it.. more gold than black for sure!

Plan on buying a lifetime supply of this! Wear it everyday and it adds this lovely touch when just used on the lower lid with a black liner on the top lid. Gentle, not harsh but adds the perfect but of definition. Slightly less creamy then the others but absolutely amazing.

on 6/17/2011 10:32:00 PM

This is a gorgeous color - dark but with pretty gold undertones. I have brown eyes and it makes them look smoky and darker. Applies well, as most kohl pencils will .... just a unique and interesting color. I like products that set themselves apart and this one does! I am going to try using it all over my lid and see how that looks! A definite find...if a bit pricey.