Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

on 1/15/2017 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the only mascara I've ever used which has given me a WOW reaction.

It really lengthens and lifts my lashes, and doesn't clump at all; the lashes looked defined and separated. Even better, these results lasted all day.

The only complaint I can think of is that I wished the black shade was darker and more pigmented. But it is still a very nice shade.

I love it!

I love Max Factor, and I have used up around 7+ tubes of their False Lash Effect mascara. In fact, I cleansed one of those brushes and now use it as an eyelash comb - it's more effective than any other plastic lash comb I've ever used.

That said, this particular mascara was a big disappointment. It's clumpy, it doesn't get very close to your lid (even with wiggling) unless you want to smear it everywhere, it doesn't lift and it barely lengthens. It's a good shade of black, not grey nor spider leggy. It's just very, very average. If I want very, very average then I'd go buy mascara at random and spend half of what I did on this.

I have average length, average volume fluttery lashes that most mascaras work fine on. The (in)famous Too Faced Better Than Sex DOESN'T clump on me but 2000 Calorie does. I would consider this mascara to be on par with some randomly chosen Maybelline mascara which isn't necessarily a bad thing... it's just certainly not worth the MF price.

Save your money and choose CG Clump Crusher if you want separated length, MF False Lash Effect if you want separated volume, TF Better Than Sex if you want volume and length, or KissMe Heroine Make Long and Curl if you want something that will last through everything.

I will use this up on days I'm not wearing eyeshadow (because that would be a pain to apply cleanly), but I will not repurchase.

My favorite mascara! Great value for your money.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have used this mascara for years and always loved it but lately I have been having to return it to Boots after about a week as it goes clumpy and dry very quickly. I have done this three times now and won't be buying it again. My two sisters have had the same problem and they have also switched to another brand.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This mascara was just another meh one. Nothing impressive about it to make me want to buy it again. I used it for a couple weeks and then went to another mascara.

on 12/23/2015 2:13:00 PM

One of the best already 15 years. Right now I have and I have used Lumenes thickening one (in purple jar), but this one did wonders with my lashes. I do not need any lenghtening or making curls, just thickening. With this one my lashes are like false ones (they really are good even without mascara): black and long. It definetly must be not waterproof. Just it happened some years ago that it became expencive and it dries out much quiker than it did 10 years ago.

on 11/23/2015 11:14:00 PM

It was my favorite mascara for years and then they went rogue....so where are you buy it at? I hesitate to purchase mascara on Amazon. Clearly there is some that is ANCIENT no doubt as the packaging reflects that someone has had it in their cabinet for years and years. Where do we purchase the 2000 Calorie Mascara, that is the real deal for less than $10? I can't seem to find a store locator on theri site, just a lot of history lessons and bad make up tips.

Help is appreciated!

on 10/2/2015 3:38:00 PM

This used to be my favourite mascara when I was in highschool. I recently came back to it in my quest to find the perfect mascara. Ahh nostalgia...this stuff was magical back then. However, a decade of trying everything out there convinced me that there are better mascaras on the market. This one can make my lashes look like little spider legs (I bet that's why I loved it 10 years ago though!) and I'd rather go for something more natural looking.

on 8/4/2015 5:32:00 PM

I'd read a lot of reviews regarding this mascara and was sad to find out that Max Factor was no longer available in the States. So I turned to my trusty plan B: Amazon. They had it, I ordered it and I love it! It makes my lashes long and is easily buildable without the dreaded clumping. The opening is fairly tight so you don't end up with all that extra product on the wand. Lasts all day and washes off easily. I've tried the high end mascaras as well as the drug store brands and this is one of the best I've tried. If you order from Amazon it doesn't come in the usual packaging but in a plastic bag. Be not afraid....it's from a bulk package and it's the real deal!

It lengthens and thickens the lashes nicely. It didn't clump or flake. I used this for a couple months as my everyday mascara with no issues. Although I cannot really complain about the formula, I wish they had a wand that would help lift and fan out the lashes!

Popular Mascaras