Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Aqua Acrylates Copolymer Glyceryl Stearate Disteardimonium Hectorite Propylene Glycol Stearic Acid Copernicia Cerifera Cera Triethanolamine Polyethylene Propylene Carbonate Lecithin Polyvinyl Alcohol Synthetic Wax Oleic Acid Tocopherol Alcohol Denat Ascorbyl Palmitate Benzyl Alcohol Phenoxyethanol Panthenol Glycerin Ethylparaben Sodium Laureth Sulfate Propylparaben Methylparaben Xanthan Gum Dimethicone Trisodium EDTA Glycine Soja Oil Potassium Sorbate Tocopheryl Acetate Tetrasodium EDTA Benzoic Acid Ammonium Hydroxide Silica Dimethicone Silylate Glyceryl Oleate Methylcellulose Sulfuric Acid Sorbic Acid [ /- CI 77499 CI 77491 CI 77492

on 5/27/2018 2:22:00 AM

One of my favorite mascaras along with Lancome's hypnose drama. It gives my lashes a great look, lengthening and separating and does not smudge or get flakey. I have used it for years and always make sure I have it in my makeup bag.

on 5/12/2018 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used to use this mascara all the time when they had it in auburn. I was dying my hair red at the time. Then Max Factor left the U.S. market. For a while you could buy this mascara from The Vermont Country Store, which still carries their Pan-stick Foundation. I've recently seen it on-line from CVS for around $10.00 dollars in black/brown. It's definitely a good mascara, but I don't want to hunt for a tube. I'd rather use either Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara (less than $2.00) or Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (around $5.00) and go on with my life. But if you love the hunt this is definitely worthy prey.

on 3/19/2018 7:35:00 PM

I have pretty mixed feelings about this mascara, as I do like it but I also don't really LOVE it. It has a nice, a bit more wet, finish, which i tend to like in mascaras, and I also think the brush is pretty good and makes the application smooth. However, it doesn't really provide that much volume or length, and I think it mostly just makes the lashes look more dark.
I naturally have really long and full lashes, so for me it was kind of a disappointment when I first tried it as most mascaras tend to have a pretty dramatic effect on me. However, over time I have come to like it as it looks very natural. It certainly isn't the right mascara for those days when you want you lashes to look super-voluminous, but for days when you want more of a subtle "I'm not wearing any makeup"-look, this is great.
Another thing about this mascaara is that is does smudge a littlebit by the end of the day, but not as much as a lot of other mascaras do. Overall, I'd say you shouldn't buy this if you want a dramatic look for your lashes, but you might want to try it if you like a more natural and subtle look.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everything about it screams mom makeup - black tube, small classic brush (which I like), smell. I think this mascara is kept for older demographic of customers. It's a decent product that gives moderate length and volume with nice staying power. I find it to be a good option for daily wear. The only complaint I have is the excessive amount of product on brush sometimes - I wipe it off to avoid clumping. All in all this product is nothing innovative but I wouldn't be much upset if this was the only mascara on earth lol.

on 11/8/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very meuh mascara. Do not understand the high rating. As from the very first stroke, my lashes stuck together. So it gives volume, but not the one I want (spidery, clumpy).

on 8/24/2017 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used this mascara until I ran out of it but I would not recommend to a friend.

Staying power was very good, it did not smudge or flake. But it did nothing to my lashes no matter how I would apply it. No curl, no volume, just some length and a deep black color.

My go to mascara and I have tried so many from the luxury brands such as Chanel and YSL, Maxfactor is still the best. Doesn't flake, lengthens, so good considering it is a drugstore product. The brush might be a bit too thick and big for my Asian lashes.

on 1/15/2017 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the only mascara I've ever used which has given me a WOW reaction.

It really lengthens and lifts my lashes, and doesn't clump at all; the lashes looked defined and separated. Even better, these results lasted all day.

The only complaint I can think of is that I wished the black shade was darker and more pigmented. But it is still a very nice shade.

I love it!

I love Max Factor, and I have used up around 7+ tubes of their False Lash Effect mascara. In fact, I cleansed one of those brushes and now use it as an eyelash comb - it's more effective than any other plastic lash comb I've ever used.

That said, this particular mascara was a big disappointment. It's clumpy, it doesn't get very close to your lid (even with wiggling) unless you want to smear it everywhere, it doesn't lift and it barely lengthens. It's a good shade of black, not grey nor spider leggy. It's just very, very average. If I want very, very average then I'd go buy mascara at random and spend half of what I did on this.

I have average length, average volume fluttery lashes that most mascaras work fine on. The (in)famous Too Faced Better Than Sex DOESN'T clump on me but 2000 Calorie does. I would consider this mascara to be on par with some randomly chosen Maybelline mascara which isn't necessarily a bad thing... it's just certainly not worth the MF price.

Save your money and choose CG Clump Crusher if you want separated length, MF False Lash Effect if you want separated volume, TF Better Than Sex if you want volume and length, or KissMe Heroine Make Long and Curl if you want something that will last through everything.

I will use this up on days I'm not wearing eyeshadow (because that would be a pain to apply cleanly), but I will not repurchase.

My favorite mascara! Great value for your money.