73%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

A slutty girlfriend told me about this maybe ten years ago. A great drugstore mascara?! It was! And boy was it great. But then it was discontinued entirely or at least in the US and I could not see any way to order it. I see some recent reviews here so I will look again. I also love the YSL Babydoll Mascara, but it has been discontinued. If you live long enough, things you love get discontinued all the time. No one warned me about this...

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2.0

a year ago

What do I expect from mascara that advertised as 'it won't flake'? That it won't end up under my eyes by the end of the day. This mascara flakes! It looks beautiful when applied. Nothing too intense, but definitely some volume, some lengthening, and zero clumps. By the end of the day, it half disappears with the majority of that disappearance ending up flaking under my eyes. Not a good look.

About reviewer (664 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

a year ago

I bought this because of the rave reviews. I really don't understand how this has such a cult following. It is very thick and makes my eyelashes clump together. It's the same level of clumpiness that I've had with cheap mascaras from the pound shop. I always curl my eyelashes before applying mascara (mine are very straight), but immediately after applying this mascara they would go back to being straight. I tried various techniques with the eyelash curler but this mascara just does not hold a curl. The one thing that it has going for it is that it didn't smudge throughout the day. PRICE- It's not expensive but if you made me guess how much this mascara was worth I would say £2 or less COLOUR- Nice black colour. EFFECT ON EYELASHES- Terrible. Clumpy. Did not elongate them. They stuck together like I just had 3 clumps of eyelashes. I had to spend a long time separating my eyelashes with my fingers after applying. SMUDGING- None. PACKAGING- No complaints. Overall, I would not buy again. I'm very disappointed because I have had great success with many similarly priced drugstore mascaras. I will go back to my HG which is l'oreal million lashes. It costs the same amount and doesn't cause any clumping.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2 years ago

The best ever!!! I think they discontinued it again though. I can’t find it anywhere. It stays on and makes lashes look long and full...doesn’t run or smudge.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

One of my favorite mascaras along with Lancome's hypnose drama. It gives my lashes a great look, lengthening and separating and does not smudge or get flakey. I have used it for years and always make sure I have it in my makeup bag.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I used to use this mascara all the time when they had it in auburn. I was dying my hair red at the time. Then Max Factor left the U.S. market. For a while you could buy this mascara from The Vermont Country Store, which still carries their Pan-stick Foundation. I've recently seen it on-line from CVS for around $10.00 dollars in black/brown. It's definitely a good mascara, but I don't want to hunt for a tube. I'd rather use either Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara (less than $2.00) or Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (around $5.00) and go on with my life. But if you love the hunt this is definitely worthy prey.

About reviewer (534 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I have pretty mixed feelings about this mascara, as I do like it but I also don't really LOVE it. It has a nice, a bit more wet, finish, which i tend to like in mascaras, and I also think the brush is pretty good and makes the application smooth. However, it doesn't really provide that much volume or length, and I think it mostly just makes the lashes look more dark. I naturally have really long and full lashes, so for me it was kind of a disappointment when I first tried it as most mascaras tend to have a pretty dramatic effect on me. However, over time I have come to like it as it looks very natural. It certainly isn't the right mascara for those days when you want you lashes to look super-voluminous, but for days when you want more of a subtle "I'm not wearing any makeup"-look, this is great. Another thing about this mascaara is that is does smudge a littlebit by the end of the day, but not as much as a lot of other mascaras do. Overall, I'd say you shouldn't buy this if you want a dramatic look for your lashes, but you might want to try it if you like a more natural and subtle look.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesGray

2 years ago

Everything about it screams mom makeup - black tube, small classic brush (which I like), smell. I think this mascara is kept for older demographic of customers. It's a decent product that gives moderate length and volume with nice staying power. I find it to be a good option for daily wear. The only complaint I have is the excessive amount of product on brush sometimes - I wipe it off to avoid clumping. All in all this product is nothing innovative but I wouldn't be much upset if this was the only mascara on earth lol. UPD: The packaging sucks. There was always tons of excess mascara on the brush which can smudge across your eyes and create mess. I had to wipe it off every time I dipped the applicator in, so it felt like half of the product went on tissues not on my lashes. Considering the price it's such a waste, and it's so annoying as well. I used it up and won't buy again.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

2 years ago

Very meuh mascara. Do not understand the high rating. As from the very first stroke, my lashes stuck together. So it gives volume, but not the one I want (spidery, clumpy).

About reviewer (315 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I used this mascara until I ran out of it but I would not recommend to a friend. Staying power was very good, it did not smudge or flake. But it did nothing to my lashes no matter how I would apply it. No curl, no volume, just some length and a deep black color.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age19-24