BeneFit Cosmetics Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]

BeneFit Cosmetics Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]
Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]Cupid's Bow [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

on 12/14/2014 5:27:00 PM

When I bought this, I thought 'Wow, this technique sounds cool and it will make my lips look fantastic!' The truth was: It just didn't work at all!

The lighter shade didn't show up on my 'bow', in fact, I was slightly allergic to that shimmering ingredient! The darker shade was far too dark for my lips. I agree with the other reviewers that you can easily find a lip liner with a shade that matches better.

As usual, Benefit's packaging is wonderful. I really liked the artwork on this Cupid's Bow lip liner. That was the reason I was attracted to this product in the first place!

I am glad that Benefit has discontinued this product. It cost almost 20 four years ago and undoubtedly was a waste of money!

I believe Benefits Cupid's Bow is now discontinued and it's very sad. This was a unique product I had never seen before. Reading the other comments, I think that buyers didn't understand that is was NOT a lip liner, but a very efficient way to make your lips look fuller and younger. I was actually making detours to Benefits only for that product before...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I got talked into buying this. This is a dual ended fat pencil with a pale shimmery flesh toned shade on one end, and a matte, dark pinkish brown on the other end. You apply the shimmery shade in the cupid's bow, I suppose to create a puffy upper lip, and you put the dark shade at the bottom of the lower lip, to create a pout. This also comes with a dual ended brush/sponge smudger, which you then use to smudge the two shades into your skin to get rid of any obvious lines. First, the illusion of the pout is negligable at best. Second, I don't see any reason why you couldn't go out and buy these two shades separately, in tones that will probably suit you better (this only comes in one color choice). Third, if you do insist on proceeding with the pursuit of this optical illusion, I think you can just use a finger to blend these shades. I think the sales person who sold me this deserves a medal. I'm not usually this gullible.

on 2/5/2011 8:04:00 PM

I have no use for the brushes, but the pencils are fabulous. I've ditched lipstick altogether because this creates a much nicer pout. My lips look full and defined. I'm looking for ways to find this product at a lesser cost. I tried E.L.F. pout maker and did not like it as much. Benefit's is definitely HG for me,

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm struggling to see the point of this. I was recommended this product as an alternative to ordinary lip liner...all I can say is I would rather have an ordinary lip liner.

The theory is you highlight the cupid's bow and then shadow the lower lip to create a bit of a pout. The highlight doesn't really show up that well on me. I already have quite full lips and they are a good enough shape. The other side is a nice enough colour - a sort of dark brown pink, so a good general lipliner, so then why do I need to spend so much money to get this? I could go to Boots 7 and buy one of their lipliners in Nude and create a better effect.

Substance over style. Another clever gimmicky product. Why is it some of BeneFit's products are so good and others just leave me scratching my head trying to see the point?

on 12/25/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's a cute idea. The bow maker pencil is too sparkly, I prefer a more subtle shimmer. The pout shaper pencil is ok, but can be substituted with a similar colored lip liner. My pinky finger is better at blending compared to the bow maker brush. The pout shaper smudger is ok, I think I'll use it until it's dead. I think this product is adorable, but I have been getting the same results as I have been getting with regular liners and highlighters. It is fair that I review this product then? I don't know, probably not, plus my lips are already cupid bow shaped to begin with.... I do recommend this for a beginner. I feel most Benefit products are great learning tools. It's like going to Old Navy for the basic tees and foundation items of your wardrobe.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So you're supposed to highlight your cupid's bow and create a shadow underneath your bottom lip. I guess the only thing that makes my lips look slightly bigger is the shadow at the bottom, but that's only if I blur my eyes. If I look properly, it looks like I have chocolate smeared underneath, even when blended really carefully! The highlight does nothing, just looks like you've smudged your lipstick. The brushes are useless too, you can do it all with your finger.
Waste of a product really.

on 5/29/2010 10:52:00 AM

I bought this new on ebay for like 4 quid, which i think is a good price for this product, deffo not worth almost 20 quid! Its lovely and the shader for the bottom lip suits my colouring perfect, the highlighter wasnt very obvious and had to put a fair amount on but its a cute little product, worth showing off in your make up bag ;) and according to bf it gives me BJ lips!! the cheeky monkey!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I definitely have a soft spot for Benefit cosmetics because I absolutely adore the vintage-pinup packaging and the smell...but I end up with buyer's remorse every single time.
I'm not quite sure what I expected.....but this isn't it. The exact same effect could be achieved with a .99 liner from CVS and a little shimmer powder.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think that this makes my lips fabulous. This is one of the best lip liners that I've ever used. I also like using the brush that it comes with as well because it helps to create a bit more dimension to my lips. Afterward, I apply lip gloss or a lip stick. It really does make my lips look more pouty and full. I bought it from the internet for about $13.

Popular Lip Liners