Chanel Ciel de Nuit (Night Sky)

No Image

4.8

on 11/14/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I must've have done something right to have scored this polish for such a great deal under retail! I could not believe my luck until I actually received it in the mail. This was the first time I literally gasped and said OMG when I first saw it. This must be the most beautiful polish I have ever seen. Looking at the bottle, it's almost like there's a bunch of little galaxies all contained in this one bottle.I applied two sheer coats which made the color appear opaque enough. I have to give credit to the woman I bought this from. Released on 1998? and the polish still applies like a dream!

My original lemming was SSN of course, but after obtaining Ciel De Nuit, I'm not so sure anymore. If you EVER have the opportunity to get your hands on this, please JUMP AT IT! I highly highly doubt you will regret it. I will treasure this polish and limit my usage .... unless I obtain a back up ... but that's like a one in a million chance hehe.

Gorgeous midnight blue shade with small silver bits of glitter. This is a great shade that I havn't found a "dupe" to..but I am still looking. I love how dark this shade is without looking "black" like Chanel Blue Satin. This is one of Chanel's earlier dark nail polish from years ago.

on 6/25/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Still have my bottle from back in the day. 15-odd years later and it still applies well! Chanel Night Sky will always remain a favorite. Beautiful deep blue with silver sparkle, gorgeous! I hope they reissue this someday!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only Chanel polish I own and I will miss it now that it is gone. I sorta tricked my dad into buying this for me back in high school. I convinced him to buy it for my mom and then took it from her. I gained many a pretty shade that way. Anywho, I loved this shade the moment I saw it in Seventeen. I was determined to own a bottle and eventually did. I wore it so much it is one of only two bottles of polish I ever used up. I wish I could find another, but I doubt I will. If you see this - BUY IT! You will be glad you did.

on 3/13/2011 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I was in middle school my neighbor's Mom was having a yard sale and selling off tons of her nail polishes so I was able to get this and other Chanel polishes for free! This was my absolute favorite nail polish and I always had gotten compliments on it. I'm so bummed to find out that it is now discontinued. Bring it back Chanel! Please. (:

Like all Chanel polishes this is high quality and exquisite. It keeps FOREVER when it is sealed and kept in a cool / dark place. I got several bottles of it years ago and didn't use them all, but I love how this polish keeps LIKE NEW after being opened 14 years ago. My brother had to wait in line for it and at the time I wanted to give them as gifts, but I kept all 10 bottles. Highly recommended and hard to find since it was discontinued. I would recommend this over any other brand.

I was looking over the reviews and can't believe I never reviewed this fave Chanel polish. I still have my bottle from middle school and believe it or not, it is still in great condition. I hate the brushes that come with the Chanel polishes, always have, but I do love this color. If you are lucky enough to find a bottle of this, try it. It is a great dark blue with pretty silver sparkles that aren't chunky or garish. This was my first ever Chanel polish and it was a great one.

on 11/29/2007 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This color is my favorite color of all time.
When I first saw it, I was in middle school, and I remember drooling over it to this very day!
I was lucky enough to find a bottle (albeit only 35% full) on ebay...and I am ecstatic to have it my collection.
It is a lovely dark navy-gray blue with silver glitter. It looks wonderful on short nails, and with the proper basecoat and topcoat, it can last even a week without chipping...it feels as though the silver glitter holds it together and grips to your nail.
I absolutely adore this color...anyone who has a bottle in their collection is lucky! It is a Chanel classic!

on 3/28/2008 12:49:00 PM

I ruined my bottle of Ciel de Nuit trying to thin it out with acetone, instead it melted the glittery parts which make the varnish so gorgeous. I normally hate varnishes with glitter in but the tiny pieces catch the light at different depths so it really does look like the night sky! The closest copy I have come to this is Essie's starry starry night which is virtually identical but this also has been discontinued, however if you have a search around some small pharmacies still have a few in stock! With navy varnish coming back in fashion following OPI's Russian Navy, I really hope that Chanel decides to make this one again, it looks amazing on short nails!

Popular Polishes