SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.2

on 4/13/2016 8:23:00 PM

I don’t understand all the hype for this product. It did nothing for my skin. The only difference I notice is that it made my skin whiter, which is not something I’m aiming for.

on 8/21/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is COMPLETE WASTE of money. I had fairly smooth skin, occasional pimples here and there at those times of month, but overall I'm happy with it.
But one day I read my favorite beauty blogger raved so much about it so I was tempted to try.
I bought the whole package, the toner, cleanser, serum, mask and whatnot. And voila, fast forward 6 months later my face turned into huge mess of cystic acne war zone. I've never had any cystic acne before! What I regret the most was it took so long for me to finally pinpoint that SKII that caused all my skin problems. I guess I just really want these products to work, I mean it's very expensive (for me), and a lot of people marked them as their HG, also initially (first 2 months) this stuff really worked wonders.
So I stopped using SKII and the bumps and cystic acne stopped forming. Now I'm on dermatologist medication to clear them up, but I know my skin will never look the same :(
Maybe I developed allergy to pitera or something, maybe you can achieve crystal clear skin it promised, but seeing the potential damage it may cause to your skin I think it's just not worth it.

on 7/28/2015 8:20:00 AM

Does anybody even know what this product is supposed to be? Yeast water? I don't know. I've used this according to the instructions as a type of ' refreshing toner' and saw minimal change in my skin tone. Good marketing is about the only amazing thing I can say about this product

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I read a lot of reviews before deciding to spend so much money for this item. I have a very oily T-zone and very large pores specially on my forehead so I am on the hunt d=for something to help my pores. I have been using this product for six months now and I do not feel that it did anything special for my face. I am 39 yrs old with no wrinkles yet, I used this twice a day but after six month my pores and oily T-zone is the same. I won't be purchasing again, too expensive for the results I got.

on 11/7/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been using this product for almost 9 months and I really love how my skin looks and feels now. It took me a really long and hard road before my skin-face finally makes me happy.

I was using a doctor-recipe skin care series for a year before I used Facial Treatment Essence. I was so satisfy with my skin tone and texture at that time. It took only 3 weeks until my skin is what I think "perfect". I continued using it for a year after. My skin was ceramic-white, no visible pores, no blackheads, and no acne at all. I started to wonder how this doctor-recipe was so magical. I searched on Google and surprised with my searching. My magical skin is a result of a skin care products that contain mercury and hydroquinone. I discontinued of using the products immediately. My skin face started to look dull and feel oily. My acnes are all broke out. I started to find another doctor-recipe skin care which I believe was safer than the one I used before. My skin was getting worse instead. I suffer from this for about 4 months before I decided to give FTE a try.

I buy the trial beginner set which contain Facial Treatment Clear Lotion and this magical water FTE. I didn't feel any improvement in my skin during the first 4 months. My acnes won't calm down. It went crazier every day. I was so desperate. Lots of article said that adjustment period take 2 weeks at most. During the first 2 weeks of using FTE, skin will purge as a form of detoxification. If skin is not getting better after 2 weeks, user should stop using the products and seek assistance. That was what I read. But somehow I kept using the products. My skin is getting better during the 5th months. It started to show a little improvement. The texture, the tone, the radiances of my skin is slowly getting better and better every day until today. Along with any other SKII series, I can say that I am satisfy with my skin. I still had the acne popping out once or twice in a month which is totally normal.

Now I really like the fact that my skin is so soft, supple, and healthy. I still can see the spots from the broke out acne though. I just need to give my skin time to heal itself with the help of SKII products.

For me, healthy skin is a must! Don't get fooled by the instant result of a skin care treatment. And for anyone who think that FTE is not the right products for you only after 2 weeks of trying, I think you need to give your skin some times purify itself from whatever skincare products you used before.

I had and will repurchase the products. It cost around US$130 for the 215 ml/7.2 oz and last for about 5 months for me (I'm a clumsy user. I spilled it out too much, ouch!). It worth the money! The packaging is average. I think Lancome products have better packaging. But it doesn't matter. I like how they design the cap with the silver color. The whole 7.2 oz bottle is too heavy for traveling package though. Overall, this products suit my skin type very well.

on 6/29/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just happily/reluctantly purchased my second bottle in a larger size. The first bottle I got was the 2.5 oz bottle in the value pack with the clear lotion and mask. This time I went for the 7.2. This product is one of those products that cost so much that I hoped that I would hate it and return it. Well, 11 weeks and an empty bottle later my skin is less oily and dark spots that weren't touched by retin-a, bha/aha, and many other products are fading (a lot). Only laser worked faster and better. It's been 4 days since I started using the very last drops sparingly (about 1/2 as much ~2 drops) and only once a day and my skin is beginning to oil back up. I spent a few years stalking this product before I took the plunge. When Sephora has it's Winter sale I'm going to get the 11 oz bottle and hope it lasts the whole year. $275-$55(20% off Sephora sale)=$220/12 mo=$18.33 per mo. That's not bad considering I was spending at least that on products I wouldn't finish/didn't work on my stubborn dark spots. I just hope it keeps working. *This is a message to those that read the boards and look over the reviews the contributors leave. Sometimes I post on the skincare board and I never mention that I use this product. It's one of those products that is doubted there. It really is too expensive to be used by most (including me, but I budgeted for this) and many times expensive products are shunned on the SC board. This actually is part of why I lemmed for so long.*

on 4/14/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have oily/combination skin with acne problem since my teenage years, I'm now in my mid-20s. I have used the SK-II facial treatment essence religiously every night for the past 6 weeks, it did leave me with some cystic acne which I rarely had before starting SK-II. I couldn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin so I stopped it 2 days ago. Surely the purging would have finished after 6 weeks? Now its absence is breaking out my skin like crazy! Not sure if I should continue with it ._. Any advice?

on 3/18/2014 2:57:00 AM

I've been using the FTE since I was 24. I first bought this product because I was breaking out on the right cheek all the time and the pimple comes one after another. Then, I was reading online and read that FTE does calm down pimples so I bought a 75ml bottle. And I never stopped using it.

How do I use it?
I am an Asian, with combination skin; oily around the T-zone area and I will never touch-up or re-apply my make up at work. I use the FTE twice a day, everytime after my bath. I use it after my toner (Clinique's Clarifying Lotion) and after then, moisturizer (H20 Face Oasis / Biotherm's Aquasource, depending). It is even light enough to use around my eye area.

What positive effects it has?
The FTE controls the oil production, due to the hydration characteristics and it always gives me a healthy glow. Because it controls my oil production, I will never touch up my make up and actually, I barely need any make up at all.
My pores seem to have reduced in size.
When I have pimples popping, I put a little more on the spot and allow it to airdry. It calms the pimple and a day or two, then it goes away.
Before using FTE, I also had blotchy skin with red patches on my cheeks, now I have even skin tone.
And remember my break outs prior to FTE? I used to have scars, and now I have no signs of any previous breakouts.

What negative effects it has?
The downsides of the FTE besides that it is extremely pricey (and the price never stops increasing from year to year), if you start using it and your skin loves it, you can never stop using it. I've tried to stop, I lost my glow and I looked 'gloomy'. My question is, are you willing to make this 'lifetime' investment?

I personally don't think I can ever stop using this product though I've been trying to cut down gradually to see if I can reduce usage. I have been trying to substitute with other serums which is equally as effective.

on 1/30/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Been using SKII for a couple if months now. Doesn't make much difference to my skin. Not worth the price. I do love the packaging though.

on 1/18/2014 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I know there are fans of this product but I just don't get it. I don't have bad skin. However I don't have great skin. My skin is on a bit on the dry side with a tad bit of skin laxity and hyperpigmentation . I only get a occasional break out. I have been looking for a product that works as promised. With all the hype of the SKII I decided to give it a fair try. It is very watery and does has a sake smell, however the smell dissipates after a minute or two. I only used it on the right side of my face and on the right back of my hand. After using two bottles Morning and night saw a Slight difference. The slight difference was the texture of my skin had a more moisturized appearance. I used it faithfully for a full 10 weeks that is how long the bottles lasted. My hands are very dry (face not as dry) and to be honest I would just moisturize the left back of my hand with cerave and by the end of the 10 weeks my left hand looked better than my right. I really wanted to like this product I would ask people to see if they noticed a difference between the right side of my face and left I would get mixed reviews but comparing the back of my hands 75% thought the left hand was better and that is NOT the hand I used the SKII on ! For me it was just like our politicians that promise and don't deliver.