SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 12/10/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Having used so many skin care products and brands, the SK-II is one that has proven truly effective, in my case. Some other products I have tried work to make my skin feel better and are a joy to use, some others work instantaneously but superficially (eg, products with firming, tightening effect). Well, SK-II FTE is not one of those. For me, the benefits have been visible and real. My skin texture and complexion has improved a lot since using this. Acne is kept at bay, oiliness is controlled, wrinkled have diminished, and discolourations have faded. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. I don’t know how something with the consistency and appearance of simple water can work so well. I’ll keep on buying, so long as I can afford it!
PS, I just put drops on my palm and tap the essence all over my face. I have refrained from using cotton to apply, as the product is wasted on the cotton.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!

on 1/3/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay, first of all this product was one of its kind because it was the first ever product that came out wth the essence concept. However, this "pitera" skII promotes as a miracle worker is no-special ingredient and by now there's so many products in the market. A lot of Korean brands, such as Secret Key, Holika Holika, Missha even Clinique have this ingredient in its essences and they cost around 10-30$.
Anyway, I've used SKII's and Secret Key's essence and see a lot more results from the Secret Key's product as it has more elements in its product. If I had known this info before purchasing the SKII overpriced essence, I would have saved myself from the markeing scheme the lady in duty free in Hong Kong got me into.
In conclusion, I used an entire 200ml bottle in a year and saw no reults.

on 7/28/2015 8:20:00 AM

Does anybody even know what this product is supposed to be? Yeast water? I don't know. I've used this according to the instructions as a type of ' refreshing toner' and saw minimal change in my skin tone. Good marketing is about the only amazing thing I can say about this product

This is my HG essence I've been tried so many essence and gettin disappointed bc most of the products give me best result just for several weeks.Then my skin backs to 'normal' (dull and oily) and fte change my mind about essence.My skin feeling so soft and clearer.Even my bf likes it too.He using the men line.

on 1/9/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I am currently on my second bottle & I have finally found a way to use it so that it suits my skin. I am 26 so my skin isn't considered mature yet. I have an oily/combination skin that is very dehydrated which causes it to be even oilier than normally. The first bottle of the Essence: I used it twice a day after cleansing by pouring some into my palms and patting it on to my face. About half way down the bottle I started breaking out on my nose (something unsual for me). I kept on using the Essence and the break outs continued. I decided this is the culprit and stopped using it. At that time I bought the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser and the Ibuki Softening Concentrate. Sure enough, one week later my nose cleared up and my skin was good again. When the Softening Concentrate finished I didn't want to buy another one when I still had the remaining SKII Essence left, so I started using it again, this time I had no break outs! I finished the bottle and my skin felt great so I went ahead and decided to repurchase the SKII Essence. Well, 4 days after the purchase my nose broke out again! I threw away the receipt and the packaging so I was stuck with it, minus the $155!
I was desperate and did some online research. I read that when you use it as a toner with a cotton pad the product absorbs better and isn't as concentrated & strong when applied to the face that way. So as of last week I have been using it after the Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (which I recommend along with the Softening Concentrate btw) and with a cotton pad as if it was a toner. I also found a sample of the Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate which I use as directed. So my routine is as follows:
Shiseido Genle Cleanser -> SKII Essence as a toner -> Softening Concentrate -> moisturizer.
So far everything is working perfectly. The Essence seems to absorb faster and it feels lighter with less of the sake smell and it preps my skin for the Softening Concentrate which in turn makes my skin super soft and supple. The breaks out on my nose cleared up and my skin feels more moist and the oiliness is in check throughout the day.
Sorry for the long post, but I thought maybe my story could help some of those for whom SKII Essence was not a hit right away. Before you give up and toss it or pass it on to a friend try using it differently maybe then your skin will like it better.
Also sorry for the Shiseido "ads" but this is also a product that helped my skin and so far compliments the Essence. So bottom line is if you do splurge on the SKII Essence really give it a try in many ways until you run out of ways and then decide if it is or isn't for you. Also maybe the products you use along with it do not mix well together with the Essence?
I hope this was helpful to at least 1 person. Good luck on the quest to a happy skin :)

on 10/14/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been a big fan of this product, using it for at least 5 years. This product really makes your skin dewy and youthful. I have stopped buying it because of the continuous increase in price that feels like faster than the nyc real estate. It contain a paraben. I deducted 2 stars for these reasons.

on 12/30/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased a sample of this just out of curiosity. Is is miracle water? No...but even so, I do quite like it.

First off, yes, it does smell. It doesn't smell nice, but I can't place my finger on what the smell actually is. However, it's not offensive in any way. I apply this after cleansing my face - put a few drops on my fingers, rub them together, and pat all over my face until it absorbs and sinks in. They say to use a cotton pad: don't do this! It absorbs much more product than your hands will absorb, so best to do it with your fingers/hands instead. I then apply my normal moisturizer and that's it.

Honestly, I haven't noticed a huge difference - after all, I only had a sample which lasted me about 2 weeks. But I am planning on purchasing a full sized bottle. I like that it makes my skin look more fresh as opposed to dull, and it seems to help with breakouts too! Makes any breakouts I have at the time go pretty quickly, and perhaps prevents them to an extent too. I only use it once every 3 or 4 days as it quickens the skin renewal and I don't want my skin being totally raw!

This is nothing miraculous, I can assure you of that. It's way too expensive aswell. But I think skincare is definately a thing to splurge on if you've found something that works well for you.

UPDATE:- I think this is breaking me out. Also my skin doesn't seem to be looking glowy or healthy anymore.

on 3/9/2008 12:14:00 PM

I can't imagine using this product twice a day. I use it two-three times a week and I love it. For me it works like a gentle exfoliator. I can't imagine using this on acne prone skin.

i really didnt see much of an improvment at all in my skin. the brand is very well marketed but the essence was not all that good overall. a bit tricky to apply also.