SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 10/1/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin loves it but my budget doesn't. I have used many things that are called "skii dupe" but only the real skii works for my skin. I can notice a huge change after using it for the first time. Even when i don't have enough sleep, it still make my skin glowy dewy and soft. Also i use it with drwu daily renewal serum, which is expensive as well but trust me it's worth every peny

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i got a full size for free, or else i would've never spent so much money on it. it's a very thin, watery essence and moisturises my skin very gently. i like it, but i don't really see any wild improvements and it's been months. i have oily skin and live in a super humid climate, so this is really light and just nice. i don't see it being helpful for people with dryer skin and climates. it boggles my mind how it's been advertised as the holy trail product and the exorbitant price is ridiculous.

I have terribly sensitive and acne prone skin. I started using this product a month ago. Within 3 weeks, there is no improvement of acnes but my skin looks younger and fresher. Even though the acnes has not gone away, my face skin become firmer and brighter. I even have new pop up acnes on my face while using this but I keep using. After 3 weeks. there is no new acnes on my face and acne scars became fading. Although the price is high, I will repurchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This must be my 292765th time trying the SK II Treatment Essence sample but unfortunately it just never works for me! My skin looked great for 1-2 days and then tiny red bumps appeared and would not subside unless I stopped using the product. I have encountered similar issue with all SKII products so far and have decided to give up. The only product from SKII line I would recommend is the SKII Facial Treatment Essence Masks - but even with that, use sparingly. Once a month or a quarter is the frequency I go for.

on 3/3/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Since I had severe acne, this helped me a lot. It did a great job with brightening skin and making your skin clear like a crystal (I'm not exaggerating). But days ago it has made yeast acne appeared on my face and also because of hot weather. So, I'm now stopping using it to give my face a rest. I do recommend you guys who have acne-prone and oily skin to use this product in winter. But it's still one of my best essence whatever it caused yeast acne (not that big deal) because it has ever helped me get over severe acne. When the time is right, I will come back using this product.

on 11/14/2017 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

on 7/16/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using SK2 FTE for about 10 years before i decided to call it a day. i switched to Kose which costs a fraction of FTE but sadly i had to crawl back barely 2 years thereafter. I poured into a quality muji spray bottle as it lasted me way longer than using it on a cotton pad. after spraying all over i then use my palm on my face to warm the absorption. I have oily combi skin and FTE controls the amount of oiliness on my T zone. the effect is lasting and i only need to blot once a day. My face is also clearer. This may not work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. I loved the FTE so much I went on to try many of SK2's other products but they weren't at all impressive. The hefty price tag does not justify the benefits they claimed (since i barely experience any myself) but FTE is my HG and ill be forking out money for as long as i live.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used up 1 & decide to switch to the pump bottle which is more convenient to get the product out& control how much product to use. The product is over priced but it lasts for a long time, nearly 6 month for me. The product is not too miracle in short term use but after constantly using for two years, my skin is much brighter& healthier. It might not effectively anti age to people with more mature skin I think but for much younger one, to brighten& hydrate.

on 10/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought 75 ml size and gone through half of it. I'm still skeptical about the result. I didn't notice any different but a friend of mine borrowed my bottle and used for 1 night. In the next day his face is glowing. I guess it's good for my wallet that it didn't work.

(Throwback review)

(I have luck with shiseido ibuki, retin A and vitamin c)