SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.0

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

on 2/19/2017 7:30:00 AM

So the price is terrifying, especially when i got home and discovered it to be the texture of water...

Skeptical as hell I put a few drops onto my hand and patted it over my face, let it soak in for a bit and then moisturised. Initially my skin felt a little tight but thought little of it and went to bed.
Woke up the next morning and holy shit, my skin felt-and looked-incredible! The dry patches were gone, my face felt baby smooth and the normal morning redness was reduced (my cheeks still looked a little rosy but the rest of my face was calm ). The bottle lasts quite awhile, got it from DJs in a pack with the mask and lotion for around $100. Pricey, but with the ongoing battle to make my skin less dull it is the only thing that works so totally worth it.

on 9/29/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this lotion with high hopes due to its high end pricing. The result would have been no different than if I used tap water on my face (rolls eyes). Not a scrap of improvement whatsoever. Incredible the hype and marketing for this product, Kate Blanchett is the face of this brand and I'm sure that people buy it because of that. I gave it a try and won't be repurchasing. I'm going back to Clinique, products that work!

Applying this product before moisturizer enables smoother make up application. Skin is visibly more translucent after 1 month of use

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.

on 1/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

UPDATE:
So, for some reason, I decided to finish off the bottle I had mentioned in my last update. This time I used it with the SKII Clear Lotion and I definitely see improvements in my skin! My skin is so much smoother, acne scars are reduced and pores appear smaller. My sister asked what I was using as my skin looked so smooth and nice! And like I mentioned previously, I NEVER get compliments on my skin!
Continued use has seen my skin just look better and better! I still don't believe it's a miracle product (I'm not sure there are any after a decade of looking!!), but it's made a visible difference in my skin which is more that I can say for most products.
I recently ran out of the bottles and have been waiting ages for my delivery of new bottles. In this time I have been using different skincare and my skin is breaking out and looking terrible! I have no idea why SKII is working for me this time when it hasn't before (I used the facial clear lotion the first time I tried the essence), but I'm not complaining! Changed my rating to 5 lippies!

UPDATE:
I decided to try this again. I used 2/3 of the bottle and unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference. I would not buy this again.

I tried this product a couple of years ago. It feels like you're just applying water to your face. I didn't find the smell too offensive (if a product works I'm willing to put up with any smell!). I don't believe there is such a thing as a miracle skin care product, but I'm always looking for things to help my skin. I bought this because I'd heard it can help with acne scars, even skin tone and give your skin a glow. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of this so called "miracle water", however I saw a friend who I don't see very regularly after using the FTE for a while, and she said "what are you doing to your skin?! You are glowing!" I was surprised because I hadn't noticed much of a difference (and I NEVER get compliments on my skin). Unfortunately, I was nearing the end of my bottle at that time and was in no position financially to fork out the money for another bottle. I've always wondered if I should give it another go and am thinking about investing in a bottle this week. I will update this review if I do :)

I'm not completely sure how much this is benefitting my face. However, I can say it definitely evens skin tone. My husband has had this dark brown acne spot on his neck for years, and I treated it with SK-II's essence for a week and it faded dramatically. I wasn't even sure if this product was doing much of anything until I saw that happen. My skin seems happy with it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvement aside from evening out skin tone. I purchased this directly from Sephora (authentic product) in the largest size possible. It's about 3/4 of the bottle used after 8 months, using 2x a day.

on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(

Like many others I was drawn by advertising and the beautiful skin of Cate Blanchett. For me, alas it was not to be!

I purchased a sample size, I didn't waste money on a full size. I was hoping for a HG for my roseaca, but to no avail. I stuck it in the cupboard, and underwent laser treatment for roseaca, so tried this agin following, but was unimpressed.

Some people have mentioned the smell, I didn't find it offensive.

If it works for you, great! But I suppose it's 'horses for courses'.