SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

on 3/16/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been curious about the hype behind the product for years, so when this became available at Sephora I decided to take the plunge. The Treatment Essence has the consistency of water and the instructions were a bit vague, which didn't inspire a lot of confidence, but I've found that two drips of the Essence in the palm of my hand, then spread on my face, is plenty for my full face and neck. When I started using this I was pregnant, third trimester with my third child, and my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) had become occasionally flaky, my skin would be oily one week then dry the next, and increasingly sensitive and uneven. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. Within one week, the Treatment Essence evened out my skin tone, flakiness was gone (and has not returned), the fine lines disappeared (yes, they were gone!), and the oiliness was curbed and the dryness ended. My skin was glowing and I was in shock! After my baby was born, I immediately had a breakout (hormones), but when it cleared up, my skin was glowing again. My son is now 18 months and I still love and use the Treatment Essence every day. I still get the occasional, hormonal breakout, but this keeps my skin overall calm, clear, and smooth. I've gotten compliments on my skin since using this product (even from my laser technician who gets up-close and personal with every square inch of my skin). I will continue to buy this.

on 8/4/2007 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm glad that I gave this a try because I was initially skeptical over the hype. I had frequent breakouts before (combination skin) but since using the essence my skin has regulated and I have not had any breakouts (perhaps only an occasional zit pre-menses). My T-zone is less shiny and overall skin tone looks even.

What I'm not so fond of is the scent - it just smells weird but I've gotten used to it. The packaging could be improved if it wasn't made of glass and if it came in a pump instead. Sometimes when I'm not careful I tend to tip the bottle a little too much and there's some wastage because you only need a little to pour into your hands and pat on to your face.

I've just run out of my first bottle (75ml after 9 months) and I've been contemplating on trying Clinique's Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewar since it works on the same concept of assisting the skin renewal process. However considering that costs RM190 for 30ml, it looks like I'll be repurchasing from SKII instead (RM180 for 75ml).

Video Reviews & Tutorials