SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously???? The 5.4 ounce bottle of this sells for $225 (plus applicable taxes, which are not inconsiderable) in Canada. And for what? I got a points perk sample of this and maybe for 50 bucks, I'd purchase but not for almost 5 times that price. Even at $50, I honestly don't see what is so exceptional about this stuff. The ingredients sound harsh and almost "toxic" (I know they're not but butylene glycol sounds almost like that butane stuff for lighters and creme brulee torches!) Honestly, you can get better toners from Clarins or La Roche Posay or better essences from Shiseido and Laneige, and all for a whole lot less money. This stuff doesn't do any more than products from those other brands. I'm glad I got to try a tiny bottle (ha - it's probably $50 worth, in terms of SKII's pricing!) so I could try this out and see for myself that it's really nothing special or magical and certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried to skip this because of the price, but my skin was angry. It really works to be honest. I can see the improvement of controlling my acne. It really makes my skin smooth and soft.

I know it is expensive, but you can get this cheaper if you buy from Asian countries. The 5.0 fl oz bottle can last for 4-5 months (mine lasts almost 8 months) of you use 3-4 drops, twice a day and pat directly onto your skin

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im thankful for this product. I have combination (oily t zone, dry patches on cheeks),super sensitive and acne prone skin. My face went through an adjustment period or what they call "purge" for a wk. there were little bumps on my skin that looked like an allergic reaction. I almost stopped using this but i still gave it a chance. I also have a window for skin care products so my skin will adjust (having a super sensitive skin). I thought if my skin will continue reacting that bad then ill stop using it but lo and behold,after a wk,my skin is getting better. My skin has become less sensitive and i got more clear skin. Also i love how soft my skin is after using this. It wont moisturize the skin though but will leave your skin soft and glowing. Not a fan of the smell but i can live with it since its not that strong. I wish it was cheaper though. If you want your skin to have a better texture,less sensitive,clear and glowing then try this.

on 12/22/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wont deny, that this is a great product. It hydrates my sensitive and breakout prone skin to the max, leaving it dewy, bright and even. But as great as it is... this is the reason why I wont keep repurchasing it: there are many other products out there, with the same or even higher amount of pitera, that cost much less.

I switched to Cosrx Galactomyces 95 (95% pitera) essence and the results are just as awesome as with the SKII essence and it costs only 20$.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this for the last year or so, off and on. I don't think this is the end all be all HG skin product but it definitely works well with other products stacked. I think this has made a difference in my skin looking better over the last year.

on 1/12/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extremely overrated and so expensive. I didn't notice a single change in my skin

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This essence works better as I get older. I think it's one of those products you need to experiment with over time.

I was 18 when I tried this for the first time and while it did brighten my skin, it made it really dry too.

I gave it another shot when I turned 21. As expected, it made my skin glow, smooth and cleared a lot of acne scars. But it gave me a few random whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. I lasted a bottle.

I'm now 24 with hyperthyroid, hypo occasionally. Because of my hormones my face gets pale and dull easily. I'm allergic to makeup and even sunscreen. I recently switched my moisturiser from Clinique to Kiehl's. My skin is still supple but I look very sickly most of the time.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to give this essence a third try. I've been using it as a mask every night (applied on cotton pads- forehead, cheeks, chin, neck, décolletage). It's expensive but my boyfriend's returning in a month and I'm desperate.

For face: my face has been dewy since. Lightened scars, lighter dark circles and wrinkles, cleared up blemishes on jaw lines. I'm on my period and have less breakouts than the norm.

For body (décolletage mainly): I suffered from severe body acne for many years which weirdly recovered last year when I developed thyroid. I noticed earlier today the scars on my left shoulder and breasts have lightened. Reduced the occasional whiteheads I get.

It's expensive but it works fast if you're looking for a quick fix. I'm halfway through this bottle; I doubt I'm buying another one immediately. One bottle a month is insane.

It certainly causes whiteheads still but not as much as before. Now that I know how it reacts on me, I'm gonna let my skin rest for a bit and will give it another go when I'm ready.

on 4/15/2015 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 3 weeks by now, and I would say that magic does happen! The first week I used this, it didn't do anything apparent on my skin. The second week my husband said my face looked brighter but I personally didn't see anything significant. And yes, some major improvements occur in the third week. My skin texture becomes smoother and firmer than ever! It feels like my skin is born again. When I touch it, it's really soft and I can feel that it is clean from any impurities that usually caused some lumps and bumps on the surface. It makes my makeup sit really more beautifully on the face, at least it boosts my confidence. However, it seems that those are the only magic that this product can do. It won't heal acne scars I already have, and it won't prevent blackhead and pimples, even though it helps to prevent new scars and accelerate the process of healing. These are why it took off one lippie. I highly consider buying this product again, because although it's super expensive for a freakin' clear water, it would cost me around the same amount to go to skin clinics to get and maintain this kind of look. So why waste time if you can treat your skin at home. EDIT: I recently moved from humid country Indonesia to Canada. I brought this product and continue to use it, however the effect is different. I don't know if it's because of the climate difference which makes my skin reacts differently to this product. I will wait and see if it's still worth the money to keep using it, since in Canada the price is almost doubled compared with the already expensive one in Indonesia.