SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

on 7/10/2018 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I decided to try this based on the hype. I am not sure that I have seen all the benefits of the claims yet, but my skin is smooth. I did not repurchase and after reading comparisons with COSRX I switched to that one. It has the same essential ingredients but also has hyaluronic acid and niacinimide (sp) for under $30. I will continue to use the COSRX.

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

on 3/3/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Since I had severe acne, this helped me a lot. It did a great job with brightening skin and making your skin clear like a crystal (I'm not exaggerating). But days ago it has made yeast acne appeared on my face and also because of hot weather. So, I'm now stopping using it to give my face a rest. I do recommend you guys who have acne-prone and oily skin to use this product in winter. But it's still one of my best essence whatever it caused yeast acne (not that big deal) because it has ever helped me get over severe acne. When the time is right, I will come back using this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

on 2/19/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this essence which one applies after cleansing but before moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and am susceptible to mild eczema.
Pros:
- Helps skin retain moisture
- Evens out my skin tone
Cons:
Very expensive and glass bottle is too heavy for carry on travel bag.

This essence, used together with SK-II RNA cream, saved my skin this winter. I did not get eczema or dry patches.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)