SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 2/19/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this essence which one applies after cleansing but before moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and am susceptible to mild eczema.
Pros:
- Helps skin retain moisture
- Evens out my skin tone
Cons:
Very expensive and glass bottle is too heavy for carry on travel bag.

This essence, used together with SK-II RNA cream, saved my skin this winter. I did not get eczema or dry patches.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 11/22/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have super sensitive, acne-prone, dry combo skin. What a mouthful. To be honest, I've always seen SKII being a 'holy grail' brand due to the amount of people praising their products and also because of their prices (because expensive means better, right?). So one day I decided to buy the Pitera Essence Set which included the Facial Treatment Essence 75mL, Facial Treatment Mask 1pc and the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion 30mL all for $100. Normally, you can get the Facial essence 75mL for the same price, however, this is probably a better deal, especially if this is your first time trying it.

Now for starters, this product has quite a lot of claims including that: "In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

However, I beg to differ. The texture of the essence and lotion is like water, however, there have been a few people online complaining about the smell of the essence. For me, I am not bothered by the smell, but there are some days where the smell is definitely more potent than others. Now onto the real review of this product.

Using this product did not disrupt my super sensitive skin, and I actually found my skin becoming 'less sensitive' (as in my skin wasn't breaking out into red patches frequently). I should also mention it did almost nothing for my acne, as my pimples were still very much on my face just as it was before i used this product.
However, within the first few days I found a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin, and the size of my blackheads and pores around my nose. However, that was it. I continued using it for the next 3 months, and my pores and blackheads reverted back to normal but the texture of my face was still smooth.
Currently, i have stopped using it and my skin seems to be doing just fine without using it. Would I recommend it? Well, if you have problems with the texture of your skin, sure! But would I buy it again? Definitely not. There are many cheaper alternatives out there on the market. In fact, I'm using one from Missha that is half the price and does the job just as well. The only good thing that I would recommend buying from the set is the Facial Treatment Mask as that really helps tighten your skin - I could literally feel the difference.

Nevertheless, this product is good for people who are having problems with the texture of their skin, however, you should keep in mind that there are many cheaper alternatives out there. It should also be noted that what might not work for me doesn't always mean that it will never work for anyone else, as everyone has different skin types and thus different products will work for them. However, if you have been dying to finally try a SK-II product, than why not give this a shot.

on 10/23/2016 7:35:00 PM

I re'cd this in one of those Sephora packages that groups together different types of skincare. This stuff is crazy expensive and so I won't be buying it after I finish my little bottle, but I will say that my skin seems to be more luminous.

When I finish this bottle, I'll buy the Tony Moly dupe for $22. It has even more pitera and I've always found TM products to be high quality

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So apparently it is supposed to help brighten your skin and do another bunch of miraculous things...

I have tried it for the past month or so using it day and night and well I have not seen any major improvements at all! I mean yeah it moisturised and hydrated my skin, but I could easily get a million other products under the sun to do the same thing, and better.

I am thankful that I only got the travel sized bottle and didn't waste $$$ on a larger sized bottle! I wish I could go back to the SK-II counter and exchange it for some sake instead... don't give me the by product give me the main product. At least I can drink my sorrows away by buying this product and to have high hopes for it and then it doing nothing for my skin.

It has been a few months since I posted the above review and I have persevered with using the FTE and my God the results have been amazing! Not only my skin is hydrated, dewy and also emitting that natural glow, but on one side of my face, my acne scars have faded dramatically (I think because of it!) - the other side of the face, well the acne thinks its fun to still have a hoot there, but on the other side it is definitely improved a lot. So much so I purchased the largest bottle they have for sale! So my views on the product have DEFINITELY changed!

The very minute I turned 24, my skin literally dried up. It was like my internal fountain of youth packed up her bags and left, leaving my skin lackluster, dry, and wide-pored. At the time I was going through beauty blogs and noticed that a lot of bloggers started using SK-II FTE around the age of 25 and their skin looked gooood. But of course as with all bloggers I was very careful about buying into their reviews. Yet the relentless advertising by the SK-II team made the product look SO promising and sounded like just what my skin needed. Of course it didn’t help that the reviews published here made it sound so horrible if it doesn’t work out for your skin! Nevertheless I bought a twin pack at Singapore’s airport and kept it for a 5 months before finally giving in and using it after a series of stress breakouts.

Initially, I thought, like magic, it will instantly right everything that’s wrong and give me that lit from within glow as promised by their adverts. I gave it 5 days and still nothing. I wasn’t breaking out from it, which I thought was way better than what others were experiencing. But by the end of the week I thought I was essentially patting in funky smelling water on my face… I was increasing the amounts I used each time gradually in hopes of a miracle (I know). After two weeks though…I started hearing compliments. Work colleagues started asking me what makeup I use, what skincare brands I go for, what skincare routines I follow… all whilst peering at my face in close range! I was beyond excited! But I had to admit, I couldn’t see a difference even when the compliments rolled in. Just after 3 weeks though, I begin seeing what others saw. That glow. It’s not something imitable from makeup and I can’t explain it. Just feels like there are millions of tiny torchlights on my skin.

The disgusting thing is though, initially I started to notice more whiteheads. Just as the glow started to come on so did the whiteheads. I was picking out maybe 2-3 on my nose every 3 days and I was super grossed out! Usually I just wash it away with facial cleanser in really cold water and continue with my usual routine. Over time this has significantly reduced and my pores actually look decent sized/smaller!

I’m halfway through my third bottle now and all I can say is, I wish I used it sooner! The first bottle lasted me 5 weeks (because I was using a lot from getting impatient initially and that I decanted some for travelling.. only to have the travel bottle leak under cabin pressure!..sob) while the second bottle lasted 7 weeks. By the third bottle I reduced the amounts I used by half of the usual size and I’m very surprised to know that my skin actually became glowier! I’m halfway through my third bottle after 8 weeks so it’ll probably last a good…four months?! And to me that is extremely worth the money! I definitely see myself using this for dare-I-say-it..the rest of my life!

EDIT:: The third bottle lasted me 15 weeks! If I had the time to break it down to cost per day I would say it is very affordable (I'm saying it even without doing so). Also, a month ago I started pairing this with the Facial Treatment Lotion after reading a few users of this combo say it works best this way, and all I can say is, no regrets! The Lotion and Essence works in separate ways and together they deliver skin that is glowy, calm, and smooth.

Last pro: My skin doesn't produce one red, large angry pimple every month now like it used to (hormones!). And that honestly I do still have random pimples, but the scars heal so much faster!

on 1/10/2016 6:20:00 AM

So after years of procrastination, I finally committed to buying this miracle product. And I'm not sure if it was psychological, I noticed my complexion turning brighter and smoother after two weeks of use. I had a few acne in the first week but it went away in the second week. I use this right after the facial treatment clear lotion, twice a day morning and night, followed by a regular moisturiser. I do think the two SKII products complement each other.

Cost was a huge setback. So while I really enjoy this, I'll try out some of the other cheaper alternatives out there (like secret key or son & park).

on 1/3/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay, first of all this product was one of its kind because it was the first ever product that came out wth the essence concept. However, this "pitera" skII promotes as a miracle worker is no-special ingredient and by now there's so many products in the market. A lot of Korean brands, such as Secret Key, Holika Holika, Missha even Clinique have this ingredient in its essences and they cost around 10-30$.
Anyway, I've used SKII's and Secret Key's essence and see a lot more results from the Secret Key's product as it has more elements in its product. If I had known this info before purchasing the SKII overpriced essence, I would have saved myself from the markeing scheme the lady in duty free in Hong Kong got me into.
In conclusion, I used an entire 200ml bottle in a year and saw no reults.

on 10/25/2015 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product seems more expensive nowadays. I found the price is always increased up to 10%-15% every year during the past 4 years.
I use sk-ii series (cleanser-toner-this essence-moisturizer-sunscreen) diligently for more less 2,5 years and then I gave up when those basic series could not make my skin become crystal clear (well, that’s what it said on their website for this essence), my mild rosacea is still there, my hormonal acne still come and go, but gladly my skin doesn't act up and even more radiant.

I must admit I love their series because they don’t irritate, don’t break out and don’t flare up my mild rosacea combi-oily skin. And I love this essence the most because it refresh and hydrate my skin. The texture is light and watery such as the toner, but I always made it as pre-serum/serum because the instruction said use it after cleansing and toning.

I follow every step of the instruction at first, but soak a cotton pad make this essence become wasteful and you know this product isn’t cheap! Pour on my hand is not a solution either because it’s also wasteful and often slip out of my hand. So I just move it and put it into spray bottle, thus I can spray the essence deliberately on my 4 spot face (forehead-cheeks-chin) then I dab/pat it with hand. In this way I can save and make the essence last longer. I used it twice daily and the 150ml/5.1oz size can last for more than 6 months (when I soak a cotton pad it’s only last for 4-5 months).

I found out that when I use the complete basic sk-ii series, my skin became radiant/bright. But when I use this essence alone (mix with other brand for cleanser, toner and moisturizer) my skin looks dull and not as bright as used to be. So the miracle water isn’t doing much ‘miracle’ for me.

Now I change this essence with clinique even better essence lotion (for combi-oily skin) which is cheaper and apparently some of the ingredients are quite similar as this sk-ii essence. It also feels quite the same on my skin although clinique essence is a bit tacky/sticky afterward, not like sk-ii essence which is more clear watery texture, but considering the price and the result on my skin, oh well i'd still choose clinique rather than sk-ii