SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by hair type : Straight
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

on 3/3/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Since I had severe acne, this helped me a lot. It did a great job with brightening skin and making your skin clear like a crystal (I'm not exaggerating). But days ago it has made yeast acne appeared on my face and also because of hot weather. So, I'm now stopping using it to give my face a rest. I do recommend you guys who have acne-prone and oily skin to use this product in winter. But it's still one of my best essence whatever it caused yeast acne (not that big deal) because it has ever helped me get over severe acne. When the time is right, I will come back using this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

on 2/19/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this essence which one applies after cleansing but before moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and am susceptible to mild eczema.
- Helps skin retain moisture
- Evens out my skin tone
Very expensive and glass bottle is too heavy for carry on travel bag.

This essence, used together with SK-II RNA cream, saved my skin this winter. I did not get eczema or dry patches.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 11/22/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have super sensitive, acne-prone, dry combo skin. What a mouthful. To be honest, I've always seen SKII being a 'holy grail' brand due to the amount of people praising their products and also because of their prices (because expensive means better, right?). So one day I decided to buy the Pitera Essence Set which included the Facial Treatment Essence 75mL, Facial Treatment Mask 1pc and the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion 30mL all for $100. Normally, you can get the Facial essence 75mL for the same price, however, this is probably a better deal, especially if this is your first time trying it.

Now for starters, this product has quite a lot of claims including that: "In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

However, I beg to differ. The texture of the essence and lotion is like water, however, there have been a few people online complaining about the smell of the essence. For me, I am not bothered by the smell, but there are some days where the smell is definitely more potent than others. Now onto the real review of this product.

Using this product did not disrupt my super sensitive skin, and I actually found my skin becoming 'less sensitive' (as in my skin wasn't breaking out into red patches frequently). I should also mention it did almost nothing for my acne, as my pimples were still very much on my face just as it was before i used this product.
However, within the first few days I found a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin, and the size of my blackheads and pores around my nose. However, that was it. I continued using it for the next 3 months, and my pores and blackheads reverted back to normal but the texture of my face was still smooth.
Currently, i have stopped using it and my skin seems to be doing just fine without using it. Would I recommend it? Well, if you have problems with the texture of your skin, sure! But would I buy it again? Definitely not. There are many cheaper alternatives out there on the market. In fact, I'm using one from Missha that is half the price and does the job just as well. The only good thing that I would recommend buying from the set is the Facial Treatment Mask as that really helps tighten your skin - I could literally feel the difference.

Nevertheless, this product is good for people who are having problems with the texture of their skin, however, you should keep in mind that there are many cheaper alternatives out there. It should also be noted that what might not work for me doesn't always mean that it will never work for anyone else, as everyone has different skin types and thus different products will work for them. However, if you have been dying to finally try a SK-II product, than why not give this a shot.

on 10/23/2016 7:35:00 PM

I re'cd this in one of those Sephora packages that groups together different types of skincare. This stuff is crazy expensive and so I won't be buying it after I finish my little bottle, but I will say that my skin seems to be more luminous.

When I finish this bottle, I'll buy the Tony Moly dupe for $22. It has even more pitera and I've always found TM products to be high quality

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So apparently it is supposed to help brighten your skin and do another bunch of miraculous things...

I have tried it for the past month or so using it day and night and well I have not seen any major improvements at all! I mean yeah it moisturised and hydrated my skin, but I could easily get a million other products under the sun to do the same thing, and better.

I am thankful that I only got the travel sized bottle and didn't waste $$$ on a larger sized bottle! I wish I could go back to the SK-II counter and exchange it for some sake instead... don't give me the by product give me the main product. At least I can drink my sorrows away by buying this product and to have high hopes for it and then it doing nothing for my skin.

It has been a few months since I posted the above review and I have persevered with using the FTE and my God the results have been amazing! Not only my skin is hydrated, dewy and also emitting that natural glow, but on one side of my face, my acne scars have faded dramatically (I think because of it!) - the other side of the face, well the acne thinks its fun to still have a hoot there, but on the other side it is definitely improved a lot. So much so I purchased the largest bottle they have for sale! So my views on the product have DEFINITELY changed!