SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.4

on 11/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail product and I will keep repurchasing despite the exorbitant price. Now you may be thinking, why would you spend this much money on a toner? Because it really works. Every time my skin breaks out I can always depend on this bottle of Pitera magic to clear up my face. Every single time. I don't use it every day because I am cheap so it does last me a while. It is not moisturizing so you may need to follow up with another toner if you are dry, and people say that it smells like saliva but it doesn't bother me. I cannot describe how much I love this product. Everybody buy buy buy.

on 10/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought 75 ml size and gone through half of it. I'm still skeptical about the result. I didn't notice any different but a friend of mine borrowed my bottle and used for 1 night. In the next day his face is glowing. I guess it's good for my wallet that it didn't work.

(Throwback review)

(I have luck with shiseido ibuki, retin A and vitamin c)

on 7/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product intermittently for the past decade. Every time I try the line, I really hope it makes a difference. It's an ok moisturiser, but that's it. When I do try the line, I mean the whole product line of cleanser, toner, essence, cream (LXP), eye cream, whitener, face mask, etc etc. It sets me back $1000 easily each time I give it a go. So believe me when I say I have given it a go, and that I have real regrets.

For those of you who really like pitera (known as galactomyces), there are plenty of dupes around. Tony Moly, Missha and a whole list of other companies sell this at a fraction of the price. This website comes with a few other alternatives: http://haninskin.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/all-that-galactomycessaccharomyces.html (I am NOT affiliated!)

I tell you all this, because like I have told my best friend who uses this line, if you want the active ingredient, you shouldn't have to pay this much. Seriously, Tony Moly is $22 for a 150ml bottle on Amazon. AND it is 96.5% pitera! (vs SKII at 90%)

If you like the product, great. Personally, I gave $700 worth of unused remaining products to my sister because I felt like I was splashing water on my face. Now I use a $20 moisturiser from Etude House, and toner/serum from Instanatural (which cost approx $20 each). However, if you want to stick with pitera, for the sake of your wallets, please consider the alternatives. Some of the other brands are really quite reputable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm 31 and have been using FTE every single days for 4 years already and so far my skin looks nice , no wrinkles No pigmentations . During these 3-4 years I had 2 pregnancies and my skin suffered a lot during my pregnancies (hormonal pimples , dry skin , red patches in the edge of the nose during the first trimester )and then after delivery my skin were so dull , lack of suppleness and elasticity because of the fatigue ,stress and the hormones change . This product helped my skin to go back to way it was , you will not see the result immediately but by time you will see that your skin will glow from the inside and your pimple scars fading away .
Don't wait until you have wrinkles and skin issues to start to use this product , the sooner you use it and the better your skin will be .

on 11/22/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the kind of product that drives Paula Begoun, over at Beautypedia, nuts. "No substantiated research!" that pitera, the active ingredient, is of any particular benefit to your skin, she cries. And she hates the price. And although she doesn't mention it, she rarely has anything nice to say about bottles that admit light.

But here's the thing...while the experts at Beautypedia give SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence two stars, the site's user community gives it four and a half. So I tried it, because frankly I get bored with my skin care products sometimes and I've been hearing about this stuff for years, and opinions of the people who use a product make me curious.

On Sephora's website you can buy a single-use Facial Treatment Mask. The mask really is good, and not very, for a single use. I don't like how it's shaped, especially around the chin. But the thing that's really interesting and useful about the mask is that before you put it on, you can squeeze a terrific amount of the Essence itself into the packet and save it for later. I rolled the packet up tight and used a barrette to clip it shut.

By dipping my (freshly washed!) fingertip into the remaining liquid and dabbing it onto my face (soaking a cotton pad would be crazy overkill) I was able to get about two weeks' use out of the Essence I had left. That's enough time for a very good trial run of a product, and since the mask cost $17, it's also a cheap trial for an expensive product.

And in my opinion Paula is wrong about this one. There are a lot of benefits to reading Beautypedia. I've learned a lot about the chemistry of cosmetic products, and information like what percentage of various ingredients a product needs to be effective, and how things need to be packaged so that they won't deteriorate before you can use them. But every once in a while I think that chemistry isn't the whole story. Just because the research isn't there yet doesn't mean a product doesn't work. Make sure, by all means, that what you're about to spread on your skin isn't going to be harmful, but when there's a wildcard ingredient like pitera, you need to try it for yourself to see if it works for you.

If I didn't respect the views of actual users, I wouldn't bother to write or read reviews here on MakeupAlley. So here is my rubber-meets-the-road view of SK-ll's Facial Treatment Essence: it's worth trying. My skin likes it, and has rewarded me for using it by becoming more even-toned, which is one of the things I want my skin to be and an issue I have consistently. I think my skin looks brighter.

Your millage my vary, of course. But try the trick with the face mask if you're really curious and don't otherwise want to spend the money.

on 10/3/2015 1:56:00 AM

I'm about to finish my first bottle but i'm not going to repurchase this. I only have white heads around my nose area through out the years, i added this essence to my skin regimen. Guess what? I developed spots of white head on my temples, cheeks, jawline and chins. Now i hate my skin, there are pores almost everywhere! I know to each its own but are you willing to risk your face for this? Better not!

on 3/17/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
Its one of those products that is just hard to explain. I don't know why it works, but it just does. My skin feels baby-soft, light and fresh all the time. I wouldn't go without it because I feel without it, my skin can't "breathe". (I went a week without it because I forgot to bring it on my trip)". It refines my pores, and makes my skin more tolerant to what I will be applying on top. The consistency is just like water but feels a million times better. It doesn't make me break out either.

CONs:
The packaging is pretty bad. The bottle is very heavy, especially if you're like me and move around a lot and have so many other products to carry, it adds up. Also, I don't like the way it pours, I always find it slips through the cracks in between my fingers and for the amount you pay, every drop lost feels like 5 bucks gone! SKII, please put it in a spray/spritz bottle!!!! The smell is another thing. I don't mind the smell of it at first, but once it hits your skin, its a whole different smell!

on 3/11/2015 8:59:00 PM

I want to review this one . I' m sorry for grammar mistake , my english is not that good .This one made my nightmare come true !!
At first 2 weeks: it makes my skin incredibly soft but it makes my skin kinda dull
After 2 weeks : Oh myyy .. it makes my skin very rough ( whitehead all over my cheeks ) , my mom said my skin look very dull , and it makes my cheeks, nose, all over my face Red ( not a pinkish glow I usually have on my face ) . Sk ii made my skin breakout . Then I go to SK II counter , then the SA told me to stop using any other product and she told me that what happen on my face called PURGING . When I back to home , I did what the SA told me , I throw all my skin care product and only use SK II product : that time I bought many of them maybe I spend around $ 1000 . It makes me sad
After few month ( 6 month ) later : Nothing changed to better .my skin condition is getting worse and worse it made my skin very sensitive and rough . It makes my mom angry because I spend to much money on SK II product . I will never believed that my skin is only PURGING this is called Breakout ( coz i never used cream from doctor or something that can be harsh for my skin , before I use SK II I use etudehouse ) . I heard that if you got purging , it will dissappear after 1-4 months . But , it does not . Even after i used this around 6 months , the purging reaction doesnt dissapear .
Conclusion : maybe the ingridients of SK II is too much for my young skin ( Im still 15 y.o) or maybe the product itself is bad . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD A GOOD SKIN CONDITION OR YOUNG SKIN ( NOT MATURE AGE ) BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE UR SKIN CONDITION IN THE WORST STATE YOU EVER FELT . Now I am using Skinfood from korea ( I already use it around 2 weeks ) cause my face breakout from using SK II . It mades my sensitive face ( i got sensitive its all thanks to SK II ) less redness , less rough . Let see a few months later what will happen ( did skinfood makes my skin condition worsen or more good ).
Notes : I will never bought this ever again. And I will give all my SK II to my aunty .

on 2/12/2015 4:16:00 AM

I bought it after reading up many reviews on this product. I hate that it is just too pricey. Nevertheless, it does work its "magic" on my skin. Thou it has only been 2 weeks since, but I can see and feel the difference after trying it out!!
I've tried many products in the market, but frankly none really leave much of an impression on me.
Yeah, I know you might be thinking that I am simply exaggerating on this product review, but seriously? AM NOT!!
The past 2 weeks all I did was, wash my face with my usual cleanser, applied an off-the- shelve toner and simply dab this essence onto my face.
And the result? Simply happy with it... My skin seems to be fairer, smoother and I can feel the difference especially around my T-zone (which is pretty oily before this). Oh well, sometimes you just have got to give some to get some, right? (The price I mean)
Even thou it does burned a hole in my wallet, but again if the product works.. then, there is simply nothing to stop me from buying it again.
Am gonna continue with it and probably try out the other facial products too!!
Overall: A BIG Thumbs up!!! (Psst... especially after getting compliments about how my skin seems to be more radiant now.)

on 4/14/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have oily/combination skin with acne problem since my teenage years, I'm now in my mid-20s. I have used the SK-II facial treatment essence religiously every night for the past 6 weeks, it did leave me with some cystic acne which I rarely had before starting SK-II. I couldn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin so I stopped it 2 days ago. Surely the purging would have finished after 6 weeks? Now its absence is breaking out my skin like crazy! Not sure if I should continue with it ._. Any advice?