SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

Many people swear by this as their holy grail product, which is made with the by product of Sake making, which is called pitera. This product is definitely a cult classic. To be honest, with all my experience using this product i've never noticed any positive benefits, but certainly haven't had any negative either. I would just find it too funny if all this product was was a bottle of $100 mineral water... My more detailed review is below.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used up 1 & decide to switch to the pump bottle which is more convenient to get the product out& control how much product to use. The product is over priced but it lasts for a long time, nearly 6 month for me. The product is not too miracle in short term use but after constantly using for two years, my skin is much brighter& healthier. It might not effectively anti age to people with more mature skin I think but for much younger one, to brighten& hydrate.

Not sure what it did. Such a waste of money

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

on 2/13/2017 5:29:00 AM

I have no idea how to write review about this product without being nasty about it. But I will do my best.

This is SK II most advertised product so I guess that is one of the factors I am so disappointed with it. Aside from the fact I felt I've been lied to. The SA never said anything about this product will sort of "detox" your skin. 2 weeks after first applying it trouble seems to appear on my skin. Starting from redness, small acne to major breakouts in several parts of my face. I complained to the SA and they simply told me to compress the acne with this product and it will go away. It DID NOT and call me a fool or whatever but I did what they told me to do. I purchased this product along with several other products recommended by the SA. I took skin test before starting using this product and I did good (scored at 75%). And now after 3 months of going through the whole giant bottle along with their other products my skin test dropped to below 50%.

Very much disappointed.

on 1/7/2017 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My main concern and I would appreciate feedback is that there is absolutely no odor to my SK11 Treatment Essence. I purchased it from a reputable establishment. In my opinion it's either old or an updated formula without the stink. Kindly respond.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried to skip this because of the price, but my skin was angry. It really works to be honest. I can see the improvement of controlling my acne. It really makes my skin smooth and soft.

I know it is expensive, but you can get this cheaper if you buy from Asian countries. The 5.0 fl oz bottle can last for 4-5 months (mine lasts almost 8 months) of you use 3-4 drops, twice a day and pat directly onto your skin