SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried to skip this because of the price, but my skin was angry. It really works to be honest. I can see the improvement of controlling my acne. It really makes my skin smooth and soft.

I know it is expensive, but you can get this cheaper if you buy from Asian countries. The 5.0 fl oz bottle can last for 4-5 months (mine lasts almost 8 months) of you use 3-4 drops, twice a day and pat directly onto your skin

on 7/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product intermittently for the past decade. Every time I try the line, I really hope it makes a difference. It's an ok moisturiser, but that's it. When I do try the line, I mean the whole product line of cleanser, toner, essence, cream (LXP), eye cream, whitener, face mask, etc etc. It sets me back $1000 easily each time I give it a go. So believe me when I say I have given it a go, and that I have real regrets.

For those of you who really like pitera (known as galactomyces), there are plenty of dupes around. Tony Moly, Missha and a whole list of other companies sell this at a fraction of the price. This website comes with a few other alternatives: http://haninskin.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/all-that-galactomycessaccharomyces.html (I am NOT affiliated!)

I tell you all this, because like I have told my best friend who uses this line, if you want the active ingredient, you shouldn't have to pay this much. Seriously, Tony Moly is $22 for a 150ml bottle on Amazon. AND it is 96.5% pitera! (vs SKII at 90%)

If you like the product, great. Personally, I gave $700 worth of unused remaining products to my sister because I felt like I was splashing water on my face. Now I use a $20 moisturiser from Etude House, and toner/serum from Instanatural (which cost approx $20 each). However, if you want to stick with pitera, for the sake of your wallets, please consider the alternatives. Some of the other brands are really quite reputable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have been use this SKII FTE for about 2 or 3 years, and now i'm on my 6th bottle of 75ml. i had oily and acne-prone skin, i had kinda lot of pimples and blackheads around my hairline, and also i had big pores on my T-zone area (so sad to say that). i knew this product from my cousin. at the first time i used this FTE, my skin become sooooo oily. i didn't see any progress. but i decided to use this FTE for a month. and...... i definitely love this product! in a month, i saw my skin brighter, my pimples were gone, my pores were tighter, and the blackheads around my hairline were gone. now i feel my skin in a very good condition. no more pimple, big pores, and blackheads. i combine this FTE with Artistry Alpha Hydroxy serum and Hydra V refreshing gel. and they work AMAZING on my skin. the only thing i don't like about this product is the possessive side. which means i ever get done with my bottle, and i didn't use FTE for about a week, and i saw a lot of tiny red bumps on my skin. i dont know how could i live without this product. so that i don't give 5 lipstick on my review. i think i would like to try other similar essence like missha FTE, or innisfree soybean energy essence. i've read many good reviews about them.

on 2/23/2015 12:31:00 PM

i started using SK II FTE since last 2 months. I really want to try the product, because i heard lot of positive effects it has made. After all, alot of people i've known who use SKII FTE, have this clear looking crsytal skin.

Before i comment on the product, i think, i should tell you, a little bit about my skin condition. I have a combination with acne prone skin. Starting from last 2 years, my skin suddenly breaking out of reason. I had lot of pimples, and it really has negative effect on my confidence.:( Since then, i've been trying lot of products, but it doesnt go that well. Most products dry my skin, and it makes things even worse.

And then, after consuming collagen, and use natural way which i applied grapeseed oil onto my face every night, drink lots of water, and think less bout my acne, my face got better day by day. However, the acne marks are all over my face. I lost what it called ' radiance'.

So, im thinking, why not try SKII FTE, plus this year i'll turn 24, so i have to change my skin destiny starting from now on. Hence, I bought it online, from Luxola and after a week, the product safely arrived.

I use the FTE by pour a few drops on my palm and warm in between my hands and next tapping on my face. This is done after clean and toning my face.

The effects:
1-2 weeks :: my face is glowing!! it make my cheeks a bit firmer and plump. It is also soften my skin. Acne marks are also slowly fades.

3-4 weeks : I lost the glowing, and my skin start to breaking out. I believe this is due to purging effect, but i dont have any idea why the purging start on 3rd weeks. hmmm but thinking about the price i has paid, i decided to continue the product. I start to think positively, like you've been having bad acne before, this purging effect is nothing compared to the bad acne i had before. and i also searched online about the purging. A lot of people, has experienced it, some stop it, some cheapskates like me, continue to use it.

5 weeks - till now :: my skin never have been this better. im glad i decided to continue the product and have faith with it. I think, what most important thing to do during the purging phase is have some faith. Now my skin is more radiant, more plump, softer & firmer. Of cos, when that time in a month, i got pimple one or two, but it heals faster and guess what, no red marks are left.!

About the price, even though it is more on the higher side, but it could last you a long time. I used a 75ml bottle, but after 2 months of daily use ( twice daily) i still have half of it. I guess 75ml can last you up to 4 months.

Of i forgot to mention about the texture of the product. Ok, it is watery like texture, the smell is distinctive, but it didnt bothers me,( actually i kinda like the smell), and everytime i apply it on my face, there is coldness sensation i dont know how to put it in words, but it is like you apply water on your face and it is cool. and you'll look and feel fresher afterward. It doesnt feel sticky or dries your skin.

All in all, im really happy with this product and it has lived up to the hype. I dont mind, spending my $$ on this good stuff. I hope in next 10 years of using this my skin would be like Cate Blanchett :DD

Amazing product! I put off purchasing this for a long time because of the price. But it's worth every penny. Don't use a cotton pad to apply just use your hands. In two weeks my acne scarring has started to fade and my skin is glowing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this essence. it tightens and smoothens my skin. i used it day and night after clear lotion. not oily, not drying my skin, no breakouts. i just dont like the price and the packaging which is so heavy.

on 4/14/2014 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I have oily/combination skin with acne problem since my teenage years, I'm now in my mid-20s. I have used the SK-II facial treatment essence religiously every night for the past 6 weeks, it did leave me with some cystic acne which I rarely had before starting SK-II. I couldn't see any noticeable improvements to my skin so I stopped it 2 days ago. Surely the purging would have finished after 6 weeks? Now its absence is breaking out my skin like crazy! Not sure if I should continue with it ._. Any advice?

on 3/16/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been curious about the hype behind the product for years, so when this became available at Sephora I decided to take the plunge. The Treatment Essence has the consistency of water and the instructions were a bit vague, which didn't inspire a lot of confidence, but I've found that two drips of the Essence in the palm of my hand, then spread on my face, is plenty for my full face and neck. When I started using this I was pregnant, third trimester with my third child, and my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) had become occasionally flaky, my skin would be oily one week then dry the next, and increasingly sensitive and uneven. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. Within one week, the Treatment Essence evened out my skin tone, flakiness was gone (and has not returned), the fine lines disappeared (yes, they were gone!), and the oiliness was curbed and the dryness ended. My skin was glowing and I was in shock! After my baby was born, I immediately had a breakout (hormones), but when it cleared up, my skin was glowing again. My son is now 18 months and I still love and use the Treatment Essence every day. I still get the occasional, hormonal breakout, but this keeps my skin overall calm, clear, and smooth. I've gotten compliments on my skin since using this product (even from my laser technician who gets up-close and personal with every square inch of my skin). I will continue to buy this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used half a bottle of this. I don't know about the whole two week transformation thing. My skin was really bad to begin with so i guess it did heal my skin. Maybe my skin is not used to high end brands

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(