SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms

on 7/16/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using SK2 FTE for about 10 years before i decided to call it a day. i switched to Kose which costs a fraction of FTE but sadly i had to crawl back barely 2 years thereafter. I poured into a quality muji spray bottle as it lasted me way longer than using it on a cotton pad. after spraying all over i then use my palm on my face to warm the absorption. I have oily combi skin and FTE controls the amount of oiliness on my T zone. the effect is lasting and i only need to blot once a day. My face is also clearer. This may not work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. I loved the FTE so much I went on to try many of SK2's other products but they weren't at all impressive. The hefty price tag does not justify the benefits they claimed (since i barely experience any myself) but FTE is my HG and ill be forking out money for as long as i live.

on 6/10/2017 3:29:00 AM

There is nothing in this except Pitera, ie. yeast. It's proven to do nothing. So if you want to succumb to marketing and pay $100plus for yeast, go for it.

I love this product! My skin had never really gotten problem but I see that my skin is getting healthier. The price is just overly expensive, but I love this product do to my skin. I've been using this for the past 3 months and I love it. I would repurchase this product, because it's my 4th bottle.

I did not have good luck with this product. I am just shy of 40 and have a full face regimen that was working for me but I wanted to add this product to get that Kate glow. This made me break out. I started getting clogged pores in places I never do like my outer cheeks and forehead as well as in my usual spots. It's strange that it did this since it basically water but it was the only new item in my routine. If did actually give me a glow but the breakouts made it not worth it, which is why I gave it 3 stars because I do believe for some people this would work. I can't bring myself to push through the breakouts because my skin was pretty smooth and blemish free before trying this so I don't believe it was "purging."

on 5/4/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used this for about a month now. No miracles here, but nothing bad either. I use this after cleansing but before other treatments and moisturizers. I have been a faithful AHA/BHA and retinoid user for at least 10 years, but as my skin has matured, I see more lip lines and crepe on my neck and chest. I expected this to help with smoothness and the neck and décolleté. Maybe it has done a little, but I cannot tell. Seems like high priced water... that's not good! I don't think I will repurchase, but I will soldier on and finish out the bottle--FWIW after a month I'm down about 1/3 of the bottle. So $33/month or $1/day seems reasonable for when you look at it that way.. Though if it isn't doing anything, then even that is too much!

**Update 7/18/17:
I used up the bottle and it took me another 2 months, so my previous estimate of amount and cost was accurate. Nonetheless, it made no difference to my skin as far as I can tell. No decrease in creepiness, no reduction in lip lines or increased brightness in skin unfortunately. Not repurchasing.

on 2/13/2017 5:29:00 AM

I have no idea how to write review about this product without being nasty about it. But I will do my best.

This is SK II most advertised product so I guess that is one of the factors I am so disappointed with it. Aside from the fact I felt I've been lied to. The SA never said anything about this product will sort of "detox" your skin. 2 weeks after first applying it trouble seems to appear on my skin. Starting from redness, small acne to major breakouts in several parts of my face. I complained to the SA and they simply told me to compress the acne with this product and it will go away. It DID NOT and call me a fool or whatever but I did what they told me to do. I purchased this product along with several other products recommended by the SA. I took skin test before starting using this product and I did good (scored at 75%). And now after 3 months of going through the whole giant bottle along with their other products my skin test dropped to below 50%.

Very much disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Im thankful for this product. I have combination (oily t zone, dry patches on cheeks),super sensitive and acne prone skin. My face went through an adjustment period or what they call "purge" for a wk. there were little bumps on my skin that looked like an allergic reaction. I almost stopped using this but i still gave it a chance. I also have a window for skin care products so my skin will adjust (having a super sensitive skin). I thought if my skin will continue reacting that bad then ill stop using it but lo and behold,after a wk,my skin is getting better. My skin has become less sensitive and i got more clear skin. Also i love how soft my skin is after using this. It wont moisturize the skin though but will leave your skin soft and glowing. Not a fan of the smell but i can live with it since its not that strong. I wish it was cheaper though. If you want your skin to have a better texture,less sensitive,clear and glowing then try this.