SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was a big fan of their whitening mask (possibly the best sheet mask I've ever used for an instant glow/radiance) and received a small sample of this as a GWP at the SKII counter in Singapore some years back. Knowing how fussy my skin can be and therefore not to complicate things I decided to use this only once I'd gone through my pack of masks. The smell is...'funky' I don't know how else I can describe it, had to really keep this away from my nose! I did notice a slight 'renewed' or fresher look to my skin, probably due to the Pitera, however I started to develop cystic acne and had to discontinue use within just 4 days. Definitely not suited to my skin type.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled hundreds of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I have terribly sensitive and acne prone skin. I started using this product a month ago. Within 3 weeks, there is no improvement of acnes but my skin looks younger and fresher. Even though the acnes has not gone away, my face skin become firmer and brighter. I even have new pop up acnes on my face while using this but I keep using. After 3 weeks. there is no new acnes on my face and acne scars became fading. Although the price is high, I will repurchase this product.

on 7/1/2018 6:49:00 AM

No out of this world obvious effect after 2 months of use. My acne problem remains. BUT it definitely made my face less oily. In fact my once oily-combination face is now normal-dry and i just use a hydrating moisturiser for that. Because of that itself, my makeup is able to last all day! For that, ill continue using ang hopefully my acne will resolve over longer use.

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

on 2/5/2018 9:14:00 AM

There was so much hype about this product that I had to try it. I like using a facial essence in my routine because I notice they improve the tone and texture of my skin. My experience with this product was nice. It is extremely light weight and soaks into the skin quickly. It did not leave any residue or interfere with other products.

The con is that I did not notice any improvement while using this. I have used other facial essences by La Mer and Sisley and really enjoyed them. This one just didn't wow me, and that is after two full size bottles.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i'm so skeptical about this expensive water stuff
everyone loves this product in my country
but some people also hates it, because it breaks their skin, purging reaction, and it's so expensive

and finally i give it a try, i try the sample size first
i have to admit, it's a great product, my skin feels more glowing and brigther

it adsorb on my skin quickly

if you have extra money, try to buy this, but i think try the sample size first

if you wanna try this kind of water stuff but the price doesn't make sense for you, these are dupes that i already try (please note, all of these products are korean skincare, sk ii is originally from japan) :
- Secret Key starting treatment essence (originally, this is the first product that i try, for such a cheap price, it gives you a good result, but remember, try the sample size first)
- SKIN&LAB bio activating essence (the consistency of this essence is more thick, it does improve your skin, it claimed to be good for anti-aging, but not sure about this tbh)
- cosrx galactomyces 95 whitening power essence (not my favorite tbh, but people said this could be a good dupe, i don't see any change on my skin even tho i already use this for more than 3 months)

also missha time revolution the first treatment essence, but i never try this product

out of all those products, i rank them as :
sk ii - secret key - skin&lab - cosrx

as for the packaging, be careful, it's fragile
just transfer your product on some plastic bottle if you want to bring it for travel purpose

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms