SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin type : Normal
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.8

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.

Not sure what it did. Such a waste of money

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!

on 2/19/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm on my second bottle of this essence which one applies after cleansing but before moisturizer. I have slightly dry skin and am susceptible to mild eczema.
Pros:
- Helps skin retain moisture
- Evens out my skin tone
Cons:
Very expensive and glass bottle is too heavy for carry on travel bag.

This essence, used together with SK-II RNA cream, saved my skin this winter. I did not get eczema or dry patches.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm 31 and have been using FTE every single days for 4 years already and so far my skin looks nice , no wrinkles No pigmentations . During these 3-4 years I had 2 pregnancies and my skin suffered a lot during my pregnancies (hormonal pimples , dry skin , red patches in the edge of the nose during the first trimester )and then after delivery my skin were so dull , lack of suppleness and elasticity because of the fatigue ,stress and the hormones change . This product helped my skin to go back to way it was , you will not see the result immediately but by time you will see that your skin will glow from the inside and your pimple scars fading away .
Don't wait until you have wrinkles and skin issues to start to use this product , the sooner you use it and the better your skin will be .

4 years on and off with it, I can say this makes a good staple for normal skins like mine, but definitely not a overnight life changing product.

I saw comments that complain it did nothing to improve acne and pore size etc. Don't place your expectations base on price girls.

It's mildly hydrating, alcohol free and fragrance free. Does it's job of balancing skin.

For those who get allergic reactions, you really can't blame the product if you get it at a discounted price from alternative sources because there are many dupes.

I am on my second bottle and I was using my first in substantial amounts in each use, but now I am using it more sparingly. I used to have a lot of tiny bumps on my chin. They were so teeny tiny and barely visible but they bothered me. Nothing seemed to make them go away, and I've had them for at least a decade. Once I started using this treatment I noticed that my skin was brighter, AND those little bumps on my chin were gone! They aren't really gone, of course, but they decreased in size and appearance and I can no longer see or feel them. For me, this is a must-have product!

on 3/28/2016 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is good for waking up my skin in the morning and rejuvenating my skin at night after a day of work. It is well-known that you have to keep using it for the effects. I love it and will keep using it.

on 11/20/2015 9:13:00 PM

It does seem to make a difference. I apply this essence and wait a few minutes until it is completely absorbed. Then I continue with other skincare products.

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.