SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

4.4

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 7/27/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this product for 2 years now and I have to say it has really helped keep my skin balanced. I use to have breakouts all the time on my forehead and couldn't apply any moisturisers at all but since I've been using this I can apply some of my normal moisturiser to this part of my face without breaking out. Apart from my forehead and my chin, I have really dry skin, so I use 2 moisturisers and usually have to reapply or else I feel dry straight away. This product does make my skin feel more hydrated than before and I feel like I use less moisturiser as a result.

I use this twice a day after a toner, but before a serum and moisturiser (which is how its supposed to be used). You only need about 4 drops for your whole face so the bottle does last a long time. I like to buy the 75ml (small size) because I find it's better to get a fresh bottle after a while.

I will continue to purchase this product because it does seem to help my skin and I've become really accustomed to using it as part of my skin regime. One other thing to point out is when you first start using it you might find nothing is happening or you might break out a little, keep using it at this stage and you should find your skin gets better after about 4-6 weeks.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Super love it!

on 6/28/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product sometimes gives an amazing glow when used on a consistent basis and sometimes has no effect at all. I read some other reviews and want to clarify that this is not a toner, it is to be used as a serum after using a toner. A toner in Japanese products is used to balance your ph levels and also to make the skin more receptive to subsequent skincare products. If you do not have a good result with this product, then maybe your ph is off or you're using it incorrectly.

I do wonder about the smell as one bottle was extremely odorous and one only had a light scent.

on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

on 12/26/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had a skin breakout for months now. My skin is fairly normal to dry skin, pimples rarely shown up, a few freckles on both cheeks, irritating but still okay. Lately my skin condition has deteriorated to very very dry, flaky skin. Sometimes the outer skin broke out and my moisturizers just can't handle it anymore. Pimples, has become a regular guest on my cheeks. I was so desperate and hopeless, I went to various facial treatments and doctors but none prevailed. A friend of mine just pointed out the SK II FTE, and with a little doubt, I bought the starter pack contains a small bottle of FTE and a medium size Skin Signature moisturizer. After only two days of using these two products continuously (day and night), my skin has improved significantly. Pimples, gone, acne traces shrunk into a tiny dot only in two days! I was so amazed by this product and decided to buy the biggest size of FTE on day 3. The high price of this product doesn't bother me at all since the result is much better than all of those efforts (which were even more expensive than ever).

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I was converted to a SK-II addict thanks to my sister who is an addict herself. I wasn't very impressed with the price at the first place as it's way too over my budget as a university student (in my very early 20s). I was awarded my first 'trial set' by my sister and it was a no turning back for me since then. It tame my soon-to-be-popping-out-pimples by just dabbing on some of the essence on a cotton pad and stick it to the pimple (SA advised me to stick the cotton pad till it dries off after I'm done patting the essence with it allover my face) and brings back the suppleness to my skin.

Contrary to believe, SK-II is not only for aging skin or late 20s because I firmly believe that the max age you should start taking really good care and preparing the foundation for ageing skin would be 25 (of course, the earlier the better).

The reason why this HG of mine did not get 5 stars is because of the price factor. The smell is still acceptable to me prolly because I have high tolerance for my sense of smell (I could tolerate bird poop facial too :D).

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have oily/combo skin with occasional breakouts and mild acne scarring. What I am trying to achieve is softening of skin, smaller pores, less oil and hopefully control breakouts during that special time of the month. I started off trying the SK-II treatment mask which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I wish I could use those everyday, they made my skin so soft and a glowing bright white. I also had some small pimples that went down the next day after doing the mask. So far I've done 2 masks, and since there is so much pitera left in the packet, I refridgerate it and use it for the next few days at night time so I dont waste any extras!

Since this worked out so well for me, I decided to try the FTE. Today is my first day, I purchased from the same vendor off ebay that I got the masks from (trusted source) so I have high hopes for this product. I know some people have mixed reviews so I just hope that is DOESNT make me breakout. I have also been using the clairsonic face brush 2x a day now for the past two weeks and I think that it has really helped absorb most of this product. my skin feels so clean and soft so now I am just hoping that it will also help with uneven skin tone etc. I will update my review as I see results from FTE!

8/17/2009 Update** I have been using this for a few days now and my skin feels incredibly soft and smoother, and 2 big pimples that I had went away over night after applying the toner on my face! I think that it has helped a little bit with the overall oil control, but I am waiting longer to see more results. I love how it nicely moisturizes my face so its not dry in the dry areas and the oily areas are somewhat controlled. The bottle is abit hard to work, and there is practically no smell to it at all. I love how it feels on my skin after a long shower and absorbs very very quickly. It also does help brighten my skin too, I have noticed. Looking forward to continued usage!

on 5/31/2003 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I am using it for two months now and the overall appearance of my skin has improved itself dramatically. It doesn't only hydrates my very dry, tired looking skin, it also lifts it. (I still need to put hydrating creme on!). My skin looks more radiant and bright.I had a big problem with my skin mostly around my nose -the nasal- area, it has kind of disformed itself and felt very uncomfortable. This miracle product gived it a more formed and natural look also when I talk it feels more comfortable than irritating like it used to be. I just wished it were cheaper. Update: Use it over a year now, clears the skin and firms.