SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously???? The 5.4 ounce bottle of this sells for $225 (plus applicable taxes, which are not inconsiderable) in Canada. And for what? I got a points perk sample of this and maybe for 50 bucks, I'd purchase but not for almost 5 times that price. Even at $50, I honestly don't see what is so exceptional about this stuff. The ingredients sound harsh and almost "toxic" (I know they're not but butylene glycol sounds almost like that butane stuff for lighters and creme brulee torches!) Honestly, you can get better toners from Clarins or La Roche Posay or better essences from Shiseido and Laneige, and all for a whole lot less money. This stuff doesn't do any more than products from those other brands. I'm glad I got to try a tiny bottle (ha - it's probably $50 worth, in terms of SKII's pricing!) so I could try this out and see for myself that it's really nothing special or magical and certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

I did not have good luck with this product. I am just shy of 40 and have a full face regimen that was working for me but I wanted to add this product to get that Kate glow. This made me break out. I started getting clogged pores in places I never do like my outer cheeks and forehead as well as in my usual spots. It's strange that it did this since it basically water but it was the only new item in my routine. If did actually give me a glow but the breakouts made it not worth it, which is why I gave it 3 stars because I do believe for some people this would work. I can't bring myself to push through the breakouts because my skin was pretty smooth and blemish free before trying this so I don't believe it was "purging."

on 5/4/2017 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've used this for about a month now. No miracles here, but nothing bad either. I use this after cleansing but before other treatments and moisturizers. I have been a faithful AHA/BHA and retinoid user for at least 10 years, but as my skin has matured, I see more lip lines and crepe on my neck and chest. I expected this to help with smoothness and the neck and décolleté. Maybe it has done a little, but I cannot tell. Seems like high priced water... that's not good! I don't think I will repurchase, but I will soldier on and finish out the bottle--FWIW after a month I'm down about 1/3 of the bottle. So $33/month or $1/day seems reasonable for when you look at it that way.. Though if it isn't doing anything, then even that is too much!

**Update 7/18/17:
I used up the bottle and it took me another 2 months, so my previous estimate of amount and cost was accurate. Nonetheless, it made no difference to my skin as far as I can tell. No decrease in creepiness, no reduction in lip lines or increased brightness in skin unfortunately. Not repurchasing.

on 2/19/2017 7:30:00 AM

So the price is terrifying, especially when i got home and discovered it to be the texture of water...

Skeptical as hell I put a few drops onto my hand and patted it over my face, let it soak in for a bit and then moisturised. Initially my skin felt a little tight but thought little of it and went to bed.
Woke up the next morning and holy shit, my skin felt-and looked-incredible! The dry patches were gone, my face felt baby smooth and the normal morning redness was reduced (my cheeks still looked a little rosy but the rest of my face was calm ). The bottle lasts quite awhile, got it from DJs in a pack with the mask and lotion for around $100. Pricey, but with the ongoing battle to make my skin less dull it is the only thing that works so totally worth it.

on 1/18/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have tried SK-II for like 10 days and I had to stop using it forever... well, it's partly my bad though.
It did wonder to my skin on the first few days, my skin was softer and a little brighter and then, it got all itchy.
My face didn't break out or anything but I got rash all over my face, it's hardly noticeable but it was super itchy.
I realized that I must be allergic since I have yeast allergy but only little, I can eat cake and bread
just not too much or too often, so, I think it might be okay since my allergy isn't that bad but I was wrong.
The product works on me but I wouldn't suggest it to people who has sensitive skin or slightest yeast allergy.

on 12/22/2016 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wont deny, that this is a great product. It hydrates my sensitive and breakout prone skin to the max, leaving it dewy, bright and even. But as great as it is... this is the reason why I wont keep repurchasing it: there are many other products out there, with the same or even higher amount of pitera, that cost much less.

I switched to Cosrx Galactomyces 95 (95% pitera) essence and the results are just as awesome as with the SKII essence and it costs only 20$.

on 11/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail product and I will keep repurchasing despite the exorbitant price. Now you may be thinking, why would you spend this much money on a toner? Because it really works. Every time my skin breaks out I can always depend on this bottle of Pitera magic to clear up my face. Every single time. I don't use it every day because I am cheap so it does last me a while. It is not moisturizing so you may need to follow up with another toner if you are dry, and people say that it smells like saliva but it doesn't bother me. I cannot describe how much I love this product. Everybody buy buy buy.

on 10/23/2016 7:35:00 PM

I re'cd this in one of those Sephora packages that groups together different types of skincare. This stuff is crazy expensive and so I won't be buying it after I finish my little bottle, but I will say that my skin seems to be more luminous.

When I finish this bottle, I'll buy the Tony Moly dupe for $22. It has even more pitera and I've always found TM products to be high quality