SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Other
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.4

The moment I bought these products (Welcome set) I used it immediately that night... The first week started so well. I was so happy. My skin was glowing for the first time in my life I saw it that beautiful. But after 2 weeks is starting to get dry and hundreds of tiny itchy bumps starts to sprout all over my face! Then it got worst and worst later so I decided to stop using the products.... Been considering to use it again thinkin it maybe the red bumps are just the “get used to” phase but I’m doubtful. Please any suggestions tho those who’ve been to similar situation before. This is a pricey brand and I have ordered other product (spot essence) days after I noticed the tiny bumps and it’s not really cool to think about all these (my skin is looking ugly and paid a lot of money too) 😔

on 11/4/2018 10:34:00 PM

not friendly to sensitive skin.............. got allergy

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all, I had heard of this product years ago by watching someone do 'Monthly Favorites on YouTube. They mentioned the price tag and I immediately thought "Pass!!".....I was not willing to pay that much for a skin product. Fast forward to 5 years later, I'm making a purchase on Beautylish and am asked to select my free gift/sample at checkout and see a 1oz bottle of this essence as a choice. I thought, "Hmmmm, perfect!...I can see what all the hoopla is about." I received the generous sample and looked online as to how to use it. I cleansed my face, toned it and applied the essence by patting it in my skin with my bare hands, then proceeded with my regular serum and moisturizer. The following day, I didn't use it and then on the second day, I noticed something amazing. For a several months now, my right cheek has had a reddish hue to it. Not sure if it's Rosacea but it becomes more apparent when I touch it as I'm putting on blush or makeup. Also, there small bits of flaky skin which I had no idea how to get rid of. I'd notice them throughout the day cause my foundation would emphasize them when I looked close up. Well, after the second day of using this essence, I noticed my cheek starting to peel,...like when you have a sunburn and a thin layer of skin starts to peel off. I rubbed my cheek while washing my face and all these bits of skin started rolling off. I thought it was weird until I dried my face put on foundation and noticed my cheek was no longer red and the flaky skin was completely gone.....WOW!!!! I have no idea what it was but it was gone and my face looked even toned and healthy. I went into work telling my coworkers about the essence and am planning on purchasing a full size when my sample runs out. Cannot believe the difference it made after just ONE use. I'm currently using it every other day and it's working amazing for me. Definitely repurchase worthy!!

Tried this out for 2 weeks as I was given a deluxe sample of this and really liked it at first, I thought it was clearing up my skin.

I then went on to purchase the full sized one, and now regret it, thank goodness I kept my receipt and was able to do a return for a refund.

My skin looked became sensitive and crepe like it dehydrated my skin and left me with more visible fine lines around my already dry eye area.

Overall my skin looked dry and crepey, this was about a month into it, my capillaries also seemed to look more visible. It also seems to have become more sensitive.

Since I’ve stopped using it , i’ve been piling on moisturiser and its in better condition now, not nearly as dehydrated and sensitive as the SKII FTE left my skin to be.

The packaging is beautiful though, has a weight to it , and elegant design. Price wise, hefty. I’ve heard good thing about this but it just doesn’t work for my skin.

I've been an avid user of this essence for 4 years ever since I turned into 19 yrs old. I never missed a day using this essence in the morning and night. It is actually very common for first time user to experience purging for the first few months. I personally purged for about 4 months and after my breakout calmed down. Now I only got hormonal acne that is not preventable by skincare. This essence restore hydration to my face (combination oily, dehydrated, sensitive, enlarged pores. Whee) and it soothes my skin right away. I can't tell you how much i love this. It's not a product that will reverse aging, but slowed it down. That's why you can only see the benefit if you used it EARLY in your life. I got no wrinkles in my face (except few fine lines under my eyes). I know I'm still young but friends of my age tend to develop worry line and smile line already.

Pricewise, yes it is not a cheap product. But I always get this in pump bottle and it is much cheaper to buy it in Asia. That's why I always buy this when I travel home.

Packaging: Why bother with the glass bottle? Get the pump bottle. Want to travel? If you buy it in SKII counter, they always give you travel sized fte.

on 4/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I don't understand this overhyped product. It did not make any difference to my skin. Not a tonic but not a gel either. I regret buying it. My skin does not feel smoother or moisturized.

on 12/20/2016 3:11:00 AM

Very hydrating

on 2/25/2016 3:15:00 AM

I'm in the search of the fountain of youth and here's my thoughts about this product.

It is a very well-made essence that is extremely overrated and ridiculously expensive. Because of it's price, I try the 30ml bottle and I use just a few drops (±4 drops), but I still get the results. My skin become smooth, plump, plush, bouncy, well hydrated, and more resilient too.

I've been using the dupes (e.g. Missha first treatment essence, secret key starting treatment essence, and innisfree soybean energy essence) and I still can see fine results too without any irritation. The dupes is waayyyy cheaper! I love missha more for some reason (kindly read my review on it, I won't disappoint you, I promise.)

Some people can not tell the differences between using sk ii and other products, and I was one of them. But after a year of switching the products diligently, I can tell that sk ii makes my skin much more bouncy and resilient than the others.

For the believer, the resiliency is the key factor of ageless beauty. But if you are not a believer, don't buy it since it will be a waste of money. Just go for another similar product with lower price tag.

on 1/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

After all the craze/hype I heard and red about Sk-II and their most famous facial treatment essence I decided to try it.This did nothing for my skin it did not hydrate or brighten or balance the oil and dryness .This facial treatment essence is slightly sticky like a light serum. Best applied using your hands in a patting motion not a cotton round. The consistency is not runny like western toners.. All this did was irritate my skin made it all red and started to cause breakouts. Being so expensive I do not recommend this if you have super acne prone sensitive skin. This does have a heavy fermented smell. I recommend buying a small sample to try first. To bad this and other products I've tried from Sk-II cause the same problem plus some included clogging my pores.

on 12/21/2014 11:17:00 PM

I bought those tiny sample bottles from amazon.com, because the regular bottle was quite expensive. I'm one of those people that if a product works really well for me, I will spend some money to keep in my lifestyle. Before investing $200 on it, I wanted to try a mini version. Thank God, I did. I know alot of people believe in the "purging" effect, but after having a horrible time last year struggling with cystic acne, I do not believe in that theory. It took me half a year to maintain a consistent skincare routine....and find out what my skin liked and didn't like after going through such skin catastrophe. It was an extremely difficult journey, but I managed to figure out how to clear my skin without antibiotics or birth control. I wanted to do it the natural way, without harming my body.

Now...my skin gets really dry during the winter time. And I've read numerous reviews about Sk-ii restoring your natural skin balance and getting rid of those dry flakes on your skin. Some of my favorite youtubers have raved about this bottle and how it made their oily t-zone into a normal skin type. When I heard that, I was astounded and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. However, I waited a year and finally gave in and tried the sample bottle. I actually threw it away 4-5 days using the product when I realized I was breaking out in random pimples. As I stated before, I do not believe in the purging effect. I can't imagine what my skin would look like right now if I used it for two weeks. I think I literally saved my skin into turning into a pimple warzone. In the first two days of using Sk-ii, I noticed that my skin was looking more "radiant." I definitely understood why people were liking the product, because it provided a "glow" that I didn't have. However, that effect was short-lived, since I threw away the product after getting breakouts.

Ladies & gentleman (I'm sure there's some men out there reading these reviews as well), "dull-looking skin" is better than having acne. I would rather get my dry flakes any day than get random pimples on my face. I highly regret the decision on purchasing this product. It definitely made my skin more sensitive than it actually is. Even though I have been using the same skincare routine as I did when I cleared up my skin, it doesn't work as great now....And i seriously think it's because of Sk-ii.

If a routine is working for you and it's not breaking you out, DO NOT CHANGE IT. There will always be products, especially in our generation, where it will always claim to be the "new best thing." It's always going to happen, because we live in a society where they will come up with products that will claim to make your skin "better." Perfectionism will never be attainable, and sadly... I thought it would be attainable if I got my hands on Sk-ii. I thought, "I just have a little bit of red marks left from my previous acne....if Sk-ii could fix that, my skin would be perfect." Now, I'm trying to make my skin normal again, which is taking forever......

Sigh.