SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin tone : Other
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

I've been an avid user of this essence for 4 years ever since I turned into 19 yrs old. I never missed a day using this essence in the morning and night. It is actually very common for first time user to experience purging for the first few months. I personally purged for about 4 months and after my breakout calmed down. Now I only got hormonal acne that is not preventable by skincare. This essence restore hydration to my face (combination oily, dehydrated, sensitive, enlarged pores. Whee) and it soothes my skin right away. I can't tell you how much i love this. It's not a product that will reverse aging, but slowed it down. That's why you can only see the benefit if you used it EARLY in your life. I got no wrinkles in my face (except few fine lines under my eyes). I know I'm still young but friends of my age tend to develop worry line and smile line already.

Pricewise, yes it is not a cheap product. But I always get this in pump bottle and it is much cheaper to buy it in Asia. That's why I always buy this when I travel home.

Packaging: Why bother with the glass bottle? Get the pump bottle. Want to travel? If you buy it in SKII counter, they always give you travel sized fte.

on 4/25/2017 11:27:00 PM

I don't understand this overhyped product. It did not make any difference to my skin. Not a tonic but not a gel either. I regret buying it. My skin does not feel smoother or moisturized.

on 12/20/2016 3:11:00 AM

Very hydrating

on 2/25/2016 3:15:00 AM

I'm in the search of the fountain of youth and here's my thoughts about this product.

It is a very well-made essence that is extremely overrated and ridiculously expensive. Because of it's price, I try the 30ml bottle and I use just a few drops (±4 drops), but I still get the results. My skin become smooth, plump, plush, bouncy, well hydrated, and more resilient too.

I've been using the dupes (e.g. Missha first treatment essence, secret key starting treatment essence, and innisfree soybean energy essence) and I still can see fine results too without any irritation. The dupes is waayyyy cheaper! I love missha more for some reason (kindly read my review on it, I won't disappoint you, I promise.)

Some people can not tell the differences between using sk ii and other products, and I was one of them. But after a year of switching the products diligently, I can tell that sk ii makes my skin much more bouncy and resilient than the others.

For the believer, the resiliency is the key factor of ageless beauty. But if you are not a believer, don't buy it since it will be a waste of money. Just go for another similar product with lower price tag.

on 1/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

After all the craze/hype I heard and red about Sk-II and their most famous facial treatment essence I decided to try it.This did nothing for my skin it did not hydrate or brighten or balance the oil and dryness .This facial treatment essence is slightly sticky like a light serum. Best applied using your hands in a patting motion not a cotton round. The consistency is not runny like western toners.. All this did was irritate my skin made it all red and started to cause breakouts. Being so expensive I do not recommend this if you have super acne prone sensitive skin. This does have a heavy fermented smell. I recommend buying a small sample to try first. To bad this and other products I've tried from Sk-II cause the same problem plus some included clogging my pores.

on 12/21/2014 11:17:00 PM

I bought those tiny sample bottles from amazon.com, because the regular bottle was quite expensive. I'm one of those people that if a product works really well for me, I will spend some money to keep in my lifestyle. Before investing $200 on it, I wanted to try a mini version. Thank God, I did. I know alot of people believe in the "purging" effect, but after having a horrible time last year struggling with cystic acne, I do not believe in that theory. It took me half a year to maintain a consistent skincare routine....and find out what my skin liked and didn't like after going through such skin catastrophe. It was an extremely difficult journey, but I managed to figure out how to clear my skin without antibiotics or birth control. I wanted to do it the natural way, without harming my body.

Now...my skin gets really dry during the winter time. And I've read numerous reviews about Sk-ii restoring your natural skin balance and getting rid of those dry flakes on your skin. Some of my favorite youtubers have raved about this bottle and how it made their oily t-zone into a normal skin type. When I heard that, I was astounded and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. However, I waited a year and finally gave in and tried the sample bottle. I actually threw it away 4-5 days using the product when I realized I was breaking out in random pimples. As I stated before, I do not believe in the purging effect. I can't imagine what my skin would look like right now if I used it for two weeks. I think I literally saved my skin into turning into a pimple warzone. In the first two days of using Sk-ii, I noticed that my skin was looking more "radiant." I definitely understood why people were liking the product, because it provided a "glow" that I didn't have. However, that effect was short-lived, since I threw away the product after getting breakouts.

Ladies & gentleman (I'm sure there's some men out there reading these reviews as well), "dull-looking skin" is better than having acne. I would rather get my dry flakes any day than get random pimples on my face. I highly regret the decision on purchasing this product. It definitely made my skin more sensitive than it actually is. Even though I have been using the same skincare routine as I did when I cleared up my skin, it doesn't work as great now....And i seriously think it's because of Sk-ii.

If a routine is working for you and it's not breaking you out, DO NOT CHANGE IT. There will always be products, especially in our generation, where it will always claim to be the "new best thing." It's always going to happen, because we live in a society where they will come up with products that will claim to make your skin "better." Perfectionism will never be attainable, and sadly... I thought it would be attainable if I got my hands on Sk-ii. I thought, "I just have a little bit of red marks left from my previous acne....if Sk-ii could fix that, my skin would be perfect." Now, I'm trying to make my skin normal again, which is taking forever......

Sigh.

on 2/27/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've had this since Christmas and have been using it regularly since. Initially, it made my skin glow. However, recently, it hasn't been doing much for my skin. It actually stung a bit when I used it last night. Ironically, when the heater was on full blast earlier this winter, it seemed to keep my skin supple and glowy, but now when it's warmer and we haven't turned on the heater it doesn't do much for my skin.

I use this at night after cleansing my skin and apply a night moisturizer on top. I liked the results a lot better when I paired this with SKII Essential Power Cream, but now that I've run out I realize that it was the cream that was doing all the heavy lifting and not this essence. I'm also using SKII's Essential Power serum, which I like much better. Disappointed in this treatment and wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/23/2012 8:52:00 PM

I've tried many of the famous miracle products and besides the Kiehl moisturiser, nothing really had any impact. It didnt make my skin worse but didn't improve it either.

However this treatment essence IS really as good as everyone says it is.I have only been using it for 4 days but I can already feel and see the difference. I have oil T-zone and dry cheek area. The only thing that really helped moisturise my cheek area was the Kiehl cream but now that I'm on my 3rd year with this product, it was beginning to loose the effect. After 4 days using SKII essence, my cheek area is moisturised with no pulling sensation and my face feels very soft. I also had red patches on my cheeks which also disappeared too!

I'm not sure about brightening the complexion as yet.. I think I need to wait longer for that but I still give it 5 stars for the hydration!

on 6/23/2011 8:57:00 AM

Update: Aug 11, 2011

I can't wait until my La Mer line gets used up so i'm using them as body cream (totally did nothing to my skin) and now i'm back to SKII!

This toner is great! a must use with the skin signature.

at first i used the skin signature without this toner then when i decided to use it what a huge difference it made! my reddish face diminished & i no longer wear liquid foundation and can do with just powder foundation (laura mercier #2).

I'm now using la mer products (eye concentrate, oil cleanser, toner, gel & cream) and regretted using them. I'll be going back to SKII after i finish those.

Hmmm...I am not sure how much this product is helping my skin. It isn't exactly moisturizing, but I feel like it might be helping the serums and lotions that I put over it work a little better (i.e. like a softener).
I think when my jar runs out, I'll see if my skin misses it, if it does, I'll repurchase and put an update here on MUA. As of right now, I am a little ambivalent about it.