SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 6/4/2018 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you tend towards fungal acne, (it’s a thing, look it up), then use this product with extreme caution, or not at all. Yeast is the main ingredient in this product, and fungal acne is a yeast overgrowth problem...

I see so many reviews with people getting worse skin, more breakouts, worse breakouts, itchiness, rashes, etc. Quite probable that those, and many people, can’t tolerate the additional yeast on their skin.

I think it’s safe advice that if you have any kind of acne, or even if you don’t, patch test this first for a while, and don’t buy the full bottle if you can’t return it.

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

on 4/8/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to admit that I have fallen in love with this product. It's SO expensive that it would have been much better for my wallet if I'd hated it! I will definitely have to repurchase though. It took a few days to notice an improvement, but after applying this every night I wake up with skin that's smooth and as close to perfection as I think I'll get. It can be tricky to apply. I never use a cotton pad because like others I don't want to waste it. It usually works ok to dispense some in your hand and apply it that way. I notice no scent at all, and the smallest bottle ($100) lasts me a very long time.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

on 3/3/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Since I had severe acne, this helped me a lot. It did a great job with brightening skin and making your skin clear like a crystal (I'm not exaggerating). But days ago it has made yeast acne appeared on my face and also because of hot weather. So, I'm now stopping using it to give my face a rest. I do recommend you guys who have acne-prone and oily skin to use this product in winter. But it's still one of my best essence whatever it caused yeast acne (not that big deal) because it has ever helped me get over severe acne. When the time is right, I will come back using this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 12/10/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Having used so many skin care products and brands, the SK-II is one that has proven truly effective, in my case. Some other products I have tried work to make my skin feel better and are a joy to use, some others work instantaneously but superficially (eg, products with firming, tightening effect). Well, SK-II FTE is not one of those. For me, the benefits have been visible and real. My skin texture and complexion has improved a lot since using this. Acne is kept at bay, oiliness is controlled, wrinkled have diminished, and discolourations have faded. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. I don’t know how something with the consistency and appearance of simple water can work so well. I’ll keep on buying, so long as I can afford it!
PS, I just put drops on my palm and tap the essence all over my face. I have refrained from using cotton to apply, as the product is wasted on the cotton.

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.

on 11/18/2017 9:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So I've been using this for about 4 1/2 months, I did buy it because Cate Blanchett promotes the line regularly and her skin is perfection. I apply it after cleansing and toning and wait about 5-10 min for it to absorb before moving on to actives, serums and moisturizers. I use my hands and press it into my face and neck, the scent is light but not good, luckily it fades quickly. I find that my skin looks much more even when I use this, redness is reduced by a lot it almost makes me look too monotone to be honest lol, like stark white. It does seem to work a tad better with the SKII clarifying lotion used right before but I have stopped using both due to cost. Would probably repurchase if I can't find a suitable dupe. Unfortunately I find this far too expensive to fully commit to buying again but I would if the price was lower. It's currently $125CAD for 75ml.