SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.0

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 2/19/2017 7:30:00 AM

So the price is terrifying, especially when i got home and discovered it to be the texture of water...

Skeptical as hell I put a few drops onto my hand and patted it over my face, let it soak in for a bit and then moisturised. Initially my skin felt a little tight but thought little of it and went to bed.
Woke up the next morning and holy shit, my skin felt-and looked-incredible! The dry patches were gone, my face felt baby smooth and the normal morning redness was reduced (my cheeks still looked a little rosy but the rest of my face was calm ). The bottle lasts quite awhile, got it from DJs in a pack with the mask and lotion for around $100. Pricey, but with the ongoing battle to make my skin less dull it is the only thing that works so totally worth it.

on 1/14/2015 1:08:00 AM

UPDATE:
So, for some reason, I decided to finish off the bottle I had mentioned in my last update. This time I used it with the SKII Clear Lotion and I definitely see improvements in my skin! My skin is so much smoother, acne scars are reduced and pores appear smaller. My sister asked what I was using as my skin looked so smooth and nice! And like I mentioned previously, I NEVER get compliments on my skin!
Continued use has seen my skin just look better and better! I still don't believe it's a miracle product (I'm not sure there are any after a decade of looking!!), but it's made a visible difference in my skin which is more that I can say for most products.
I recently ran out of the bottles and have been waiting ages for my delivery of new bottles. In this time I have been using different skincare and my skin is breaking out and looking terrible! I have no idea why SKII is working for me this time when it hasn't before (I used the facial clear lotion the first time I tried the essence), but I'm not complaining! Changed my rating to 5 lippies!

UPDATE:
I decided to try this again. I used 2/3 of the bottle and unfortunately, I didn't notice any difference. I would not buy this again.

I tried this product a couple of years ago. It feels like you're just applying water to your face. I didn't find the smell too offensive (if a product works I'm willing to put up with any smell!). I don't believe there is such a thing as a miracle skin care product, but I'm always looking for things to help my skin. I bought this because I'd heard it can help with acne scars, even skin tone and give your skin a glow. Unfortunately, I didn't think much of this so called "miracle water", however I saw a friend who I don't see very regularly after using the FTE for a while, and she said "what are you doing to your skin?! You are glowing!" I was surprised because I hadn't noticed much of a difference (and I NEVER get compliments on my skin). Unfortunately, I was nearing the end of my bottle at that time and was in no position financially to fork out the money for another bottle. I've always wondered if I should give it another go and am thinking about investing in a bottle this week. I will update this review if I do :)

on 1/29/2013 2:53:00 PM

This product is bloody expensive, BUT it worths every single penny. I bought mine nearly a year ago (330ml from Kuala Lumpur), and there is still some left. It does what it promises to do. I paid 150 for the 330 ml bottle, but as it lasts for a year (even though I was told it's a 3 months portion), it comes quite cheap, if we see the cost per usage.

on 10/28/2012 11:17:00 PM

I love the SKII range. I came across it about a month ago so decided to use it a few weeks before posting comments. My skin has a new glow to it, its pretty amazing. I have good skin, very clear but it has always been sensitive. The SKII range is amazing on. I use the treatment essence post cleansing with the foam cleanser and toning with the clear lotion. I used to apply it with my hands but I prefer to press it in with a cotton pad. It does mean you use more but I find it more effective and a better way to apply. Love this! My wallet is not loving that I am now addicted to the range as very expensive, but worth it.

on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

on 1/22/2009 10:06:00 PM

I bought a sample of this product off ebay which I got about 10 uses from, and, wow, it is amazing!!

I have moderate to servere acne which I treat with benzyl peroxide, and it makes me flaky and generally dull looking. I put this on after applying my acne treatment and my skin is baby soft and it has seriously improved my skin! Before I started using the essence I had a bad breakout but this improved it within in 2 days.

Will buy fullsize bottle :)

on 5/13/2008 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

at first I really didnt like this product. It made my skin feel itchy and made me brake out. I went to take it back and the SR told me to stick it out for another week because the skin needs time to clear up. I was really skeptical but tried it for another week and my skin stopped breaking out. A month later my skin looks better than ever. Im really happy with the SKII products, and this is definitely one of my favorites. My pres are smaller, and my skin is smoother and softer.

i am using the entire regime... cleanser, toner, essence and during day uv mositurizer and at night alternating between pore refiner and power signs. also samples of the c just on the dehydrated spots.

first it was very cool to be photo imaged for the 4 areas skII treats, sun damage (amazing as a former tanorexic i was only a 33 of 100), dydration and lines (again , tiny amount and i ain't 30... but my pores were over the top clogged and had too much of some weird bacteria stuff...I begged the sa to get me the firming extract but she just said NO YOU ARENT SAGGING BUT YOUR PORES ARE TERRIBLE.

ok i will take young looking with bad pores over saggy, lined clean pores lol.

Even with gentics on my side, in 4 days, my skin looks years younger. so much so that my manicurist asked why my palms looked like her 2 yr old daughters skin... its that pitura from the essence when i rub. I now use a spray top from an old spritzer and stick it right in the essence because baby palms isnt as exciting as baby face :)

my skin glows, looks clear, and younger. the only negative besides this line is pricey...( but so is by terry, cle de peau and la prairie and la mer) is that as a self tanner fanatic who loves to be a ggg, instead of her born LLL-MMM, it works so well i cannot achieve the darkness i usually like, small price to pay for beautiful skin.
I cannot recomend this line highly enough for those with normal skin and over 30. may not work for oilier types or very dry...UPDATE. AFTER 6 WEEKS, MY PORES ARE STILL BAD ACCORDING TO THEIR TEST, BUT MY BAD BACTERIA WENT DOWN SUBSTANTIALLY AND THE UV SPOTS ARE ALMOST GONE AND THE BEST NEWS. I WENT FROM 33 TO 12 IN SUN DAMAGE. AND THAT IS AFTER 20 PLUS YEARS OF BAKING , TOASTY BROWN WITH MINIMAL SUNSCREEN and tanning parlors

HOW? I DON'T KNOW

Applying this product before moisturizer enables smoother make up application. Skin is visibly more translucent after 1 month of use