SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 1/4/2019 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The word miracle water is perhaps the best way to describe this product. Someone with acne should definitely try this product out as fermented skin care is known to restore good bacteria on your skin.

Ever since I have started using this product, I have seen :
1. A reduction in big pimples especially those which used to erupt along my jawline
2. Improved skin clarity
3. Controls oil production, or rather balances the skin even
4. My skin is glowing, my scars are becoming lighter and pores are getting refined...

Everyone should atleast give this product a chance to prove itself..

on 11/19/2018 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The only thing I can say is wow. I used to use the Neogen Real Ferment Essence, but I never really noticed any difference in my skin after 2 or 3 bottles. My acne, redness and dehydration were pretty much the same. After a week of using SK-II, I am completely blown away. I recently got a salicylic peel and this eliminated the redness and dry flakes from that. My skin is visibly brighter, plumper, smoother and softer. It’s expensive of course but it’s no joke. This essence combined with P50 lotion and the occasional BHA peel have transformed my skin!! Better to spend $179 well than to waste $38 on something that does nothing. I’m starting to really love Japanese beauty more than k-beauty because their products are so potent and effective!

on 10/1/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin loves it but my budget doesn't. I have used many things that are called "skii dupe" but only the real skii works for my skin. I can notice a huge change after using it for the first time. Even when i don't have enough sleep, it still make my skin glowy dewy and soft. Also i use it with drwu daily renewal serum, which is expensive as well but trust me it's worth every peny

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First of all, I had heard of this product years ago by watching someone do 'Monthly Favorites on YouTube. They mentioned the price tag and I immediately thought "Pass!!".....I was not willing to pay that much for a skin product. Fast forward to 5 years later, I'm making a purchase on Beautylish and am asked to select my free gift/sample at checkout and see a 1oz bottle of this essence as a choice. I thought, "Hmmmm, perfect!...I can see what all the hoopla is about." I received the generous sample and looked online as to how to use it. I cleansed my face, toned it and applied the essence by patting it in my skin with my bare hands, then proceeded with my regular serum and moisturizer. The following day, I didn't use it and then on the second day, I noticed something amazing. For a several months now, my right cheek has had a reddish hue to it. Not sure if it's Rosacea but it becomes more apparent when I touch it as I'm putting on blush or makeup. Also, there small bits of flaky skin which I had no idea how to get rid of. I'd notice them throughout the day cause my foundation would emphasize them when I looked close up. Well, after the second day of using this essence, I noticed my cheek starting to peel,...like when you have a sunburn and a thin layer of skin starts to peel off. I rubbed my cheek while washing my face and all these bits of skin started rolling off. I thought it was weird until I dried my face put on foundation and noticed my cheek was no longer red and the flaky skin was completely gone.....WOW!!!! I have no idea what it was but it was gone and my face looked even toned and healthy. I went into work telling my coworkers about the essence and am planning on purchasing a full size when my sample runs out. Cannot believe the difference it made after just ONE use. I'm currently using it every other day and it's working amazing for me. Definitely repurchase worthy!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

First, it really does work. I tested this buy purchasing one Facial Treatment Mask ($17) and using very clean hands to apply the essence. I test for allergic reactions in the first 48 hours, then two weeks for test product performance. This affects cell turnover, so be prepared for a skin purge at the beginning, but those blemishes should be in your regular areas, near painless, and heal fast. This applies after astringents as a type of serum. Please avoid is you have issues with AHAs, kojic acid, and/or fermented skincare (this is derived from Japanese sake). Also, use sunscreen or the effects will reverse.

Performance: Since I'm high contrast--NC 15 with black hair--redness and uneven skin tone are major problems for me. My red spots usually show significant fading in 1 month. With SK-II, I noticed this progress in 1.5-2 weeks. That's half the time...and cause for celebration. SK-II's major immediate results are skin texture and tone, and I did that glow the everyone raves about. I think it's because it's working on texture issues that we don't always see as problematic; I didn't think my skin texture needed work! Kojic acid is the exfoliant here, and it's so mild it takes a little while. As far as dark spots and wrinkles, I think at least one skin renewal cycle (~29 days) is needed to really evaluate the effect.

I view this as a 3-in-1: a toning and moisturizing exfoliant. That said, I think the high price is justified. It's one of the purest sake-based Japanese products, but there are others with added ingredients. I also use junmai sake for baths.

I have terribly sensitive and acne prone skin. I started using this product a month ago. Within 3 weeks, there is no improvement of acnes but my skin looks younger and fresher. Even though the acnes has not gone away, my face skin become firmer and brighter. I even have new pop up acnes on my face while using this but I keep using. After 3 weeks. there is no new acnes on my face and acne scars became fading. Although the price is high, I will repurchase this product.

This facial treatment essence and the RNA milky lotion are bomb af!! My dry patches are gone. The game changer in the skincare line. Splurge? Nah, its worth the price. i Will repurchase again and again!!!

on 4/8/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to admit that I have fallen in love with this product. It's SO expensive that it would have been much better for my wallet if I'd hated it! I will definitely have to repurchase though. It took a few days to notice an improvement, but after applying this every night I wake up with skin that's smooth and as close to perfection as I think I'll get. It can be tricky to apply. I never use a cotton pad because like others I don't want to waste it. It usually works ok to dispense some in your hand and apply it that way. I notice no scent at all, and the smallest bottle ($100) lasts me a very long time.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.