SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

on 9/29/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this lotion with high hopes due to its high end pricing. The result would have been no different than if I used tap water on my face (rolls eyes). Not a scrap of improvement whatsoever. Incredible the hype and marketing for this product, Kate Blanchett is the face of this brand and I'm sure that people buy it because of that. I gave it a try and won't be repurchasing. I'm going back to Clinique, products that work!

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.

on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM

I used this religiously for over a year. I never saw any particular benefit from using it for my skin though I searched and searched hoping to validate my over the top purchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(

Like many others I was drawn by advertising and the beautiful skin of Cate Blanchett. For me, alas it was not to be!

I purchased a sample size, I didn't waste money on a full size. I was hoping for a HG for my roseaca, but to no avail. I stuck it in the cupboard, and underwent laser treatment for roseaca, so tried this agin following, but was unimpressed.

Some people have mentioned the smell, I didn't find it offensive.

If it works for you, great! But I suppose it's 'horses for courses'.

on 6/27/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard so many conflicting accounts about this product that I bought a tiny bottle (part of a gift set) to test it on my skin before committing to the large bottle. It worked beautifully... in the beginning. My skin was so smooth and soft it was amazing. And as quickly as it had turned my skin amazing, it stopped working. And this was AFTER I decided to commit to a big bottle. Figuring that I didn't want to waste my money I'd just finish using the essence, but after using it for a few weeks the essence started to make my skin itch. My skin texture became really rough and I had to stop using it completely. I gave what was left of my bottle - a good 75%- away to my BFF, on whom the FTE works wonderfully. I think this product is really a hit or miss, and it just was a miss for me.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings abt this product.. earlier on I bought a trial size off ebay and quite like what it does for my skin, it hydrates yet balances sebum at the same time. softens my skin and gives it a beautiful radiance.. So I bought the full size and to my horror strange things started happening to my skin: My pores became enlarged after 1 week and close inspection after washing my face and before applying the FTE shows my skin has become fragile, dry and somewhat papery.. I am not sure if I overused the product, I wanted to stop but my skin looks worse without applying it, like dry and papery.. it's like my skin got addicted to it.. Right now I have temporarily stopped using FTE and using gentle organic products on my skin and let it just take a break I hope the condition is reversible :(((((( I will do a update abt this later right now it's 1 star to me

Update: So the SA convinced me that I need at least 3 mths to know if a product suits me and I continued using it.. overtime the condition of large pores does improve but in the long run I find it gives me more fine lines. SA convinced me our skin changes with time but I doubt so because the fine lines got better after I stopped using this. The nurse at my dermatologist told me that the FTE works by constantly pushing new skin cells to the top.. that's how our skin looks radiant using it but that interrupts the natural skin renewal process which may not be good for the skin since we need a layer of dead cells to protect it.. my take on it is that it ages the skin prematurely. I binned this and that's a few hundred bucks down the drain. What a damn company.

on 4/6/2013 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product irritated my skin and caused breakouts. Although it is so highly raved about I think it is too rich for my sensitive and acne-prone skin. My face looks very red every time I use it.

on 2/14/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After the third day of using this product made my combo/acne prone skin dull and congested. I started breaking out in little pimples all around my face which I wasn't use to before incorporating this product into my routine. I tried to keep going with it for another week but my skin just looked and felt horrible. As soon as I took it out of my routine my skin went back to being normal. Incredibly expensive product as well :(