SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.0

on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

i am using the entire regime... cleanser, toner, essence and during day uv mositurizer and at night alternating between pore refiner and power signs. also samples of the c just on the dehydrated spots.

first it was very cool to be photo imaged for the 4 areas skII treats, sun damage (amazing as a former tanorexic i was only a 33 of 100), dydration and lines (again , tiny amount and i ain't 30... but my pores were over the top clogged and had too much of some weird bacteria stuff...I begged the sa to get me the firming extract but she just said NO YOU ARENT SAGGING BUT YOUR PORES ARE TERRIBLE.

ok i will take young looking with bad pores over saggy, lined clean pores lol.

Even with gentics on my side, in 4 days, my skin looks years younger. so much so that my manicurist asked why my palms looked like her 2 yr old daughters skin... its that pitura from the essence when i rub. I now use a spray top from an old spritzer and stick it right in the essence because baby palms isnt as exciting as baby face :)

my skin glows, looks clear, and younger. the only negative besides this line is pricey...( but so is by terry, cle de peau and la prairie and la mer) is that as a self tanner fanatic who loves to be a ggg, instead of her born LLL-MMM, it works so well i cannot achieve the darkness i usually like, small price to pay for beautiful skin.
I cannot recomend this line highly enough for those with normal skin and over 30. may not work for oilier types or very dry...UPDATE. AFTER 6 WEEKS, MY PORES ARE STILL BAD ACCORDING TO THEIR TEST, BUT MY BAD BACTERIA WENT DOWN SUBSTANTIALLY AND THE UV SPOTS ARE ALMOST GONE AND THE BEST NEWS. I WENT FROM 33 TO 12 IN SUN DAMAGE. AND THAT IS AFTER 20 PLUS YEARS OF BAKING , TOASTY BROWN WITH MINIMAL SUNSCREEN and tanning parlors

HOW? I DON'T KNOW

on 5/17/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice any change whatsoever in my skin from this. That's good, from some perspectives - there are certainly plenty of products out there that have had quite dramatic bad effects on my poor temperamental face. Despite my going almost all the way through the bottle, there's absolutely no chance, if one day I meet my age-mate Cate Blanchett, of us holding a mutual admiration party over our youthful glows.

Very expensive. Watery and odd to apply. Unscented (perhaps a very faint sort of savoury aroma). Glass bottle (TILE, people, bathrooms are often lined in a thing called TILE and it is death to glass). I really don't know what else to say about it. It took up space in my bathroom cupboard, and over a hundred dollars from my bank account. I splashed it on my face morning and evening for a couple of months. Nothing happened.

on 7/10/2018 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I decided to try this based on the hype. I am not sure that I have seen all the benefits of the claims yet, but my skin is smooth. I did not repurchase and after reading comparisons with COSRX I switched to that one. It has the same essential ingredients but also has hyaluronic acid and niacinimide (sp) for under $30. I will continue to use the COSRX.

on 9/29/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this lotion with high hopes due to its high end pricing. The result would have been no different than if I used tap water on my face (rolls eyes). Not a scrap of improvement whatsoever. Incredible the hype and marketing for this product, Kate Blanchett is the face of this brand and I'm sure that people buy it because of that. I gave it a try and won't be repurchasing. I'm going back to Clinique, products that work!

on 7/17/2018 11:09:00 PM

I bought the SK-II essence from Sephora in April and I've been using it almost everyday after I wash my face. I haven't seen any difference in my skin at all. It's just like rubbing water on my face. It didn't do anything. I paid $100 for a set containing a 2.5 oz essence, a mask, and a 1 ounce facial clear lotion. I haven't used the mask yet but the essence is way too expensive when it didn't deliver. I prefer the May Coop Raw Sauce. I'm so sad Sephora doesn't carry it anymore but I found that worked much better and it's $35.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 2/19/2017 7:30:00 AM

So the price is terrifying, especially when i got home and discovered it to be the texture of water...

Skeptical as hell I put a few drops onto my hand and patted it over my face, let it soak in for a bit and then moisturised. Initially my skin felt a little tight but thought little of it and went to bed.
Woke up the next morning and holy shit, my skin felt-and looked-incredible! The dry patches were gone, my face felt baby smooth and the normal morning redness was reduced (my cheeks still looked a little rosy but the rest of my face was calm ). The bottle lasts quite awhile, got it from DJs in a pack with the mask and lotion for around $100. Pricey, but with the ongoing battle to make my skin less dull it is the only thing that works so totally worth it.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Mainly a question concerning using FTE and BP...

Just started using the FTE about a week and a half ago and so far my skin does NOT like it. My skin had recently been doing really well with just some random cleanser that i got with my Clarisonic, 5% BP, and Cetaphil moisturizer. But, I wanted- SO wanted, to have even better skin. I got a sample of the FTE that i used for about a week without BP. I started breaking out more, but i did seem to notice a more even skin tone and smaller pores. Soooo, I stayed with it. The sample ran out fast. I was without for a couple days until a new larger supply arrived. Since a couple of days ago, I have been using the Facial Clear Solution and FTE. My skin got WORSE. I have been freaking out, but have decided to stick with it for at least another week since my skin might be purging or adjusting or some other variation... (hopefully!) I REALLY want to like this, but I'm beginning to think that, since my breakouts are due to a hormonal condition, nothing topical will ever work for me. : ( I think i might start adding the BP back into the mix at the end of the night before bed. Not sure if anyone knows anything about combining the FTE and BP. Would love any input. I will update again for everyone who is considering to see whether my skin eventually adjusts. (FINGERS CROSSED) Might look into the Shiseido Purness line...

UPDATE: Stopped using it a few days ago and went back to simple 2.5% BP. My skin is already clearing up significantly from the horrible outbreak that the FTE caused. Really wanted this to be my HG like it is for so many others. Hopefully, it will work for my mother.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have sensitive/acne prone skin and seeing as I'm nearing 30 I thought I'd upgrade my anti aging products. I foolishly bought the biggest size of Facial Treatment Essence because the medium and large sizes were the same price. I put it on as I was driving home and the texture felt beautiful.However after a few days I noticed my skin breaking out with tiny papules in places it doesn't usually, mostly my forehead. I continued to use the Essence twice daily for a month and a half hoping my skin would calm down. It didn't. It took maybe two months after I stopped using this product for my acne to go away. Such a disappointment, I was so excited to finally try it :(