SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.

on 11/4/2017 2:06:00 AM

Freshen up the skin! I always use this in the morning and night. Works to moist the combination face and also reduce the inflammation on my face during pms

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

Many people swear by this as their holy grail product, which is made with the by product of Sake making, which is called pitera. This product is definitely a cult classic. To be honest, with all my experience using this product i've never noticed any positive benefits, but certainly haven't had any negative either. I would just find it too funny if all this product was was a bottle of $100 mineral water... My more detailed review is below.

Not sure what it did. Such a waste of money. I bought it to get rid of my little bumps. Bumps still there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously???? The 5.4 ounce bottle of this sells for $225 (plus applicable taxes, which are not inconsiderable) in Canada. And for what? I got a points perk sample of this and maybe for 50 bucks, I'd purchase but not for almost 5 times that price. Even at $50, I honestly don't see what is so exceptional about this stuff. The ingredients sound harsh and almost "toxic" (I know they're not but butylene glycol sounds almost like that butane stuff for lighters and creme brulee torches!) Honestly, you can get better toners from Clarins or La Roche Posay or better essences from Shiseido and Laneige, and all for a whole lot less money. This stuff doesn't do any more than products from those other brands. I'm glad I got to try a tiny bottle (ha - it's probably $50 worth, in terms of SKII's pricing!) so I could try this out and see for myself that it's really nothing special or magical and certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

I love this product! My skin had never really gotten problem but I see that my skin is getting healthier. The price is just overly expensive, but I love this product do to my skin. I've been using this for the past 3 months and I love it. I would repurchase this product, because it's my 4th bottle.