SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 9/9/2002 9:19:00 AM

This was nice.. didn't dry skin out or break me out, but it was just like any other toner!

on 11/8/2002 8:37:00 PM

Fantastic product! I simply love how it leaves my skin really soft and plump. I'm into my second bottle already. I use it in place of moisturiser and it works great for my combi skin. Although it's pricey, a bottle can last pretty long. Tried the other SKII products but I think the treatment essence is the most effective of the range.

on 11/21/2002 3:44:00 AM

Age:30
Skin Type: Combination/Oily with occasional breakouts & surface dehydration. Live in humid climate.

Original Review:
I LOVE this product. It's a very different treatment, but it's working for my oily/dehydrated skin so far. Granted, I've only used it for two days, but I notice a difference in my skin already! It's much smoother, less oily and more even toned. My makeup looks flawless longer too. I DO however, use La Mer over it at night for a bit more moisture. I'm enjoying my SK-II products thus far and will update later.

UPDATE: After over a month of consistant use...I reduced my rating from a 5 to a 3 (fickle aren't I?). I enjoyed the product, but for the price, it just isn't worth it. My skin still broke out and had dry patches. In it's defense, I have post-pregnancy skin that has been freaking out lately. Mario Badescu and Skin Biology products have helped those problems.

UPDATE: Since I stopped using this essence, my breakouts got worse. I started using it again and they got better. I'm using it in combination with CP Serum (great for healing, not prevention) and my skin is evening out. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

on 11/28/2002 4:26:00 AM

The price doesn't bother me if it is really a very good product. However, sk2 contains pitera which makes ur skin addicted to their product and thus ur skin cannot use other products anymore ( tat's wat i heard ). Of course, if my skin becomes really smooth and clear after using their product, i wont mind using their product for life. However, my skin broke out a lot after using sk2 products. I am not sure if it is the cleanser or the essence, but i was only using these two products.

on 12/7/2002 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

To fairly judge if it was working, I tried this without changing the rest of my routine. My skin texture inproved, blackheads decreased, and my red marks and inflammation *disappeared*. But my skin is oily and acne prone so I could only, only, only use it in a spritz bottle, or my skin felt clogged and wouldn't improve.

on 1/9/2003 1:46:00 PM

This is meant to be used after toner and before your moisturizer but since its summer now I tend to skip the moisturizer sometimes. I've been using this for only about a week and a half so I cant comment much on the long term effectiveness but my face does seem to look clearer ever since I started using this. It has a funny smell to it but it disappears soon after application. Hate the packaging of this though. Such a hassle to have to pour it out onto your palms and pat it on your face. And its too expensive to be wasted by using a cotton pad with it. In the end I tried the suggestion of a MUAer and poured it into a little spritzer bottle. I like this method much better. Less hassle and feels really refreshing too.

on 2/16/2003 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I started using this on the recommendation of a friend after my face broke out and became all sensitive, raw and red.

I had been using this for a month and had find it very good for my skin. My skin had become smoother and softer, so much so that I love touching it when I wash my face.

The smell does need some getting used to, but I have smelt worst. The price could be cheaper, that's why I gave it 4 instead of 5, but these are actually small gripes compare to how this product had made my skin felt like.

on 2/20/2003 3:14:00 AM

After resisting for a number of years, I finally caved in after seeing how it worked wonders on my friends' skins. The texture is similar to toner, rather watery. Have noticed that my skin gets softer upon application. Bit pricey though.

on 3/7/2003 7:13:00 PM

A nice essence that scream "you'll love me for this"! Need I say more.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay - this is the one product that really worked for me. It really does "normalize" my skin since i have comb. type, but now the t-zone is no more shiny mid-day and cheeks feels more moisturized. Less breakouts also!
What I was REALLY amazed about it how well it prepares for my moisturizer absorbtion afterwards-- I tried my night cream with and without the essense, and with this SK-II essense, i really felt a warm tingly sensation and my moisturizer went in FAST. Would really recommend for stressed skin to help absorbing your quality face creams. My friends are noticing results and a few have inquired, and now they are rushing to the counters. I agree that there is a yeasty smell, but a regular moisturizer should cover it up. A bit expensive, so I use my palm instead of cotton, but will stay for sure. Now I am interested in buying the Signs Treatment Cream!

updated to 4 stars after 5 years. While i love everything else still, i just hate the smell of it, and I now have other C and A stuff to do the exfoliation, and la mer to do the calming. While it is a great product, it is no longer in my regimen due to the smell.