SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 5/14/2002 6:43:00 PM

I've finally found my miracle product! It hydrates, normalizes my combi skin, fades dark spots, and tones my skin so supple firm. It's surprising that some people breakout from this essence. For me, it's just an all-in-one saviour for my skin. In fact, I feel blemish free now and never been happier. Besides it's oil-free, color-free, and fragrance-free. Now, it's just my cleanser and my treatment essence and I can be out of the door! I pour this into my mask tablet, saturate it to use as a weekly mask too. Plus a 150ml bottle can last me more than 6 months! Though it's expensive, it's worth every penny.

UPDATED (2004)

1 lippie off
Too expensive now that I've reduced my skincare budget!!

1 more lippie off
I just discovered a much cheaper drugstore alternative - Neutrogena Fine Fairness Toner! It's only US$6.50(approx).
continued >>

on 5/27/2002 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THis is a great great product. Lately, I've been plagued with bumpy zits which don't quite come up but won't quite go away (the result of spending two weeks vacation in Australia where the dry weather wreaked havoc on my skin). I had a sample of this and I saw improvements right away. My skin is more radiant and smooth. Being oil-prone, my skin tends to react to treatments, this one is fresh and left no residue on my face. A winner! Extremely pricey though, hence the 4 rating.

on 8/15/2002 11:15:00 PM

Although this essence is on the pricier side, it really works! I used to have really oily and sensitive skin that breaks out quite often. After about a month of usage, my face is really clear and radiant. The blackheads on my nose are totally HISTORY! If I feel a bump threatening to rear its ugly head, I just dab the essense right on it at night and believe it or not, it subsides by the next day. Truly a product I will buy over and over again! I use this in conjunction with other SKII products.

on 9/1/2002 8:28:00 PM

Well, I tried a 30ml sample bottle and used it for like 3 days now. My skin is combination and senstitive and this essence did not make me red or itchy. It does a good job of hydrating my skin altough I haven't seen signs of radiance yet. Will update again as I continue.

on 9/9/2002 9:19:00 AM

This was nice.. didn't dry skin out or break me out, but it was just like any other toner!

on 9/14/2002 5:22:00 AM

Very good and effective product. Hydrated my skin and reduced my breakouts. Pores become a little less visible and the blackheads on my nose are starting to disappear after just one day of use. My skin is also becoming more radiant. But all that could also be due to the facial clear solution that I'm using together with this. The price is horrendously high though. The packaging (the bottle) sucks! They should package it in a bottle that releases liquid more readily. I have since switched to ORIGINS which seems to do a better jobs of making my pores smaller, keeping my skin soft, supple and radiant.

on 10/15/2002 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After enduring for 2 years, finally caved in to try the smaller size of the SKII essence. My skin at the time is slightly peeling, dry and yet oily. This is not a toner, despite feeling like water. It does hydrate skin, without any heaviness. Like to use it in the morning and just skip moisturizer. I'd say, good for sensitive oily skins too.

on 11/8/2002 8:37:00 PM

Fantastic product! I simply love how it leaves my skin really soft and plump. I'm into my second bottle already. I use it in place of moisturiser and it works great for my combi skin. Although it's pricey, a bottle can last pretty long. Tried the other SKII products but I think the treatment essence is the most effective of the range.

on 11/19/2002 12:32:00 AM

I bought this along with practically the whole range of SKII.(what can I say, I read a thousand raves in the press). I used the products religiously.Nothing. No improvement to my skin whatsoever.

on 11/21/2002 3:44:00 AM

Age:30
Skin Type: Combination/Oily with occasional breakouts & surface dehydration. Live in humid climate.

Original Review:
I LOVE this product. It's a very different treatment, but it's working for my oily/dehydrated skin so far. Granted, I've only used it for two days, but I notice a difference in my skin already! It's much smoother, less oily and more even toned. My makeup looks flawless longer too. I DO however, use La Mer over it at night for a bit more moisture. I'm enjoying my SK-II products thus far and will update later.

UPDATE: After over a month of consistant use...I reduced my rating from a 5 to a 3 (fickle aren't I?). I enjoyed the product, but for the price, it just isn't worth it. My skin still broke out and had dry patches. In it's defense, I have post-pregnancy skin that has been freaking out lately. Mario Badescu and Skin Biology products have helped those problems.

UPDATE: Since I stopped using this essence, my breakouts got worse. I started using it again and they got better. I'm using it in combination with CP Serum (great for healing, not prevention) and my skin is evening out. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!