SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 7/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product intermittently for the past decade. Every time I try the line, I really hope it makes a difference. It's an ok moisturiser, but that's it. When I do try the line, I mean the whole product line of cleanser, toner, essence, cream (LXP), eye cream, whitener, face mask, etc etc. It sets me back $1000 easily each time I give it a go. So believe me when I say I have given it a go, and that I have real regrets.

For those of you who really like pitera (known as galactomyces), there are plenty of dupes around. Tony Moly, Missha and a whole list of other companies sell this at a fraction of the price. This website comes with a few other alternatives: http://haninskin.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/all-that-galactomycessaccharomyces.html (I am NOT affiliated!)

I tell you all this, because like I have told my best friend who uses this line, if you want the active ingredient, you shouldn't have to pay this much. Seriously, Tony Moly is $22 for a 150ml bottle on Amazon. AND it is 96.5% pitera! (vs SKII at 90%)

If you like the product, great. Personally, I gave $700 worth of unused remaining products to my sister because I felt like I was splashing water on my face. Now I use a $20 moisturiser from Etude House, and toner/serum from Instanatural (which cost approx $20 each). However, if you want to stick with pitera, for the sake of your wallets, please consider the alternatives. Some of the other brands are really quite reputable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this for the last year or so, off and on. I don't think this is the end all be all HG skin product but it definitely works well with other products stacked. I think this has made a difference in my skin looking better over the last year.

To Read all 558 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/26/2016 12:48:00 PM

I see no differences. No good, no bad. Nothing. I could've used a water instead, but for free.

on 6/26/2016 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I decided to try the SK-II facial treatment essence on the urging of a friend who swears by it. I am not very keen with the scent but I do find it cooling and slightly moisturizing for my sensitive skin. So far I don't have any break-outs or pimples from daily use.This would be my choice of product during humid or warm weather when my skin is oilier than usual.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm 31 and have been using FTE every single days for 4 years already and so far my skin looks nice , no wrinkles No pigmentations . During these 3-4 years I had 2 pregnancies and my skin suffered a lot during my pregnancies (hormonal pimples , dry skin , red patches in the edge of the nose during the first trimester )and then after delivery my skin were so dull , lack of suppleness and elasticity because of the fatigue ,stress and the hormones change . This product helped my skin to go back to way it was , you will not see the result immediately but by time you will see that your skin will glow from the inside and your pimple scars fading away .
Don't wait until you have wrinkles and skin issues to start to use this product , the sooner you use it and the better your skin will be .

Suits Asian skin. Mild, hydrates well, and everything else of a good toner. Pretty glass packaging, perhaps for the high price it's charging.

4 years with it, I can say this makes a good stable for normal skin like mine, but definitely not a overnight life changing product.

I am on my second bottle and I was using my first in substantial amounts in each use, but now I am using it more sparingly. I used to have a lot of tiny bumps on my chin. They were so teeny tiny and barely visible but they bothered me. Nothing seemed to make them go away, and I've had them for at least a decade. Once I started using this treatment I noticed that my skin was brighter, AND those little bumps on my chin were gone! They aren't really gone, of course, but they decreased in size and appearance and I can no longer see or feel them. For me, this is a must-have product!

on 4/13/2016 8:23:00 PM

I don’t understand all the hype for this product. It did nothing for my skin. The only difference I notice is that it made my skin whiter, which is not something I’m aiming for.

on 3/28/2016 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is good for waking up my skin in the morning and rejuvenating my skin at night after a day of work. It is well-known that you have to keep using it for the effects. I love it and will keep using it.

The very minute I turned 24, my skin literally dried up. It was like my internal fountain of youth packed up her bags and left, leaving my skin lackluster, dry, and wide-pored. At the time I was going through beauty blogs and noticed that a lot of bloggers started using SK-II FTE around the age of 25 and their skin looked gooood. But of course as with all bloggers I was very careful about buying into their reviews. Yet the relentless advertising by the SK-II team made the product look SO promising and sounded like just what my skin needed. Of course it didn’t help that the reviews published here made it sound so horrible if it doesn’t work out for your skin! Nevertheless I bought a twin pack at Singapore’s airport and kept it for a 5 months before finally giving in and using it after a series of stress breakouts.

Initially, I thought, like magic, it will instantly right everything that’s wrong and give me that lit from within glow as promised by their adverts. I gave it 5 days and still nothing. I wasn’t breaking out from it, which I thought was way better than what others were experiencing. But by the end of the week I thought I was essentially patting in funky smelling water on my face… I was increasing the amounts I used each time gradually in hopes of a miracle (I know). After two weeks though…I started hearing compliments. Work colleagues started asking me what makeup I use, what skincare brands I go for, what skincare routines I follow… all whilst peering at my face in close range! I was beyond excited! But I had to admit, I couldn’t see a difference even when the compliments rolled in. Just after 3 weeks though, I begin seeing what others saw. That glow. It’s not something imitable from makeup and I can’t explain it. Just feels like there are millions of tiny torchlights on my skin.

The disgusting thing is though, initially I started to notice more whiteheads. Just as the glow started to come on so did the whiteheads. I was picking out maybe 2-3 on my nose every 3 days and I was super grossed out! Usually I just wash it away with facial cleanser in really cold water and continue with my usual routine. Over time this has significantly reduced and my pores actually look decent sized/smaller!

I’m halfway through my third bottle now and all I can say is, I wish I used it sooner! The first bottle lasted me 5 weeks (because I was using a lot from getting impatient initially and that I decanted some for travelling.. only to have the travel bottle leak under cabin pressure!..sob) while the second bottle lasted 7 weeks. By the third bottle I reduced the amounts I used by half of the usual size and I’m very surprised to know that my skin actually became glowier! I’m halfway through my third bottle after 8 weeks so it’ll probably last a good…four months?! And to me that is extremely worth the money! I definitely see myself using this for dare-I-say-it..the rest of my life!

EDIT:: The third bottle lasted me 15 weeks! If I had the time to break it down to cost per day I would say it is very affordable (I'm saying it even without doing so). Also, a month ago I started pairing this with the Facial Treatment Lotion after reading a few users of this combo say it works best this way, and all I can say is, no regrets! The Lotion and Essence works in separate ways and together they deliver skin that is glowy, calm, and smooth.

Last pro: My skin doesn't produce one red, large angry pimple every month now like it used to (hormones!). And that honestly I do still have random pimples, but the scars heal so much faster!